It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Car's and Apartments burning in North Hollywood, caused by EMP/Solar Storm?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Rekrul

If it were an EMP, nothing would be "burning" and everything electronic in the area would be dead.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Please don't tell me we have to prove it wasn't a EMP

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by spyder550

unless you are standing in the middle of the serengeti

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
EMP? Solar flares? Balderdash? We are talking about North Hollywood in the San Fernando Valley.

How about: some kids getting out of control with left over fireworks.

Its truly a conspiracy.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
OP, why are you in such disbelief that an arsonist could go undetected while lighting a series of fires when the fires are being started in the middle of the night when it's dark and most post people are sleeping?

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I never said it was for sure an EMP or Solar Flare. I just said i find it odd that someone is able to walk around town two days in a row at the same time and go unnoticed by anyone.

EMP/Solar Flare was just a theory. It could be that meteor, it could be an electrical malfunction.

The reality is that we never have had an EMP/Solar Flare like event. You can assume that it would fry all of LA in one single flash, but the reality is that we dont know how these things would behave.

Look, im not saying that it was for sure an EMP. Im just saying that i find it hard to believe someone is able to run around lighting # on fire for two days in a row at the same time and no one is able to give an ounce of a clue.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by demonseed
The reality is that we never have had an EMP/Solar Flare like event. You can assume that it would fry all of LA in one single flash, but the reality is that we dont know how these things would behave.
What you mean to say is that YOU don't know how they'd behave. You didn't really have to say it that specifically, we already knew that from reading your OP.

But it's incorrect to say that WE don't know how they'd behave, because even if you don't, some of us have a reasonable understanding of what such events are and are not capable of, since we had such an event in 1859.

Solar storm of 1859

The solar storm of 1859, also known as the Solar Superstorm,[1] or the Carrington Event,[2] which occurred during solar cycle 10, was the most powerful solar storm in recorded history, and the largest flare, observed by Richard Christopher Carrington, became known as the Carrington Super Flare.

On September 1–2, 1859, the largest recorded geomagnetic storm occurred. Aurorae were seen around the world, most notably over the Caribbean; also noteworthy were those over the Rocky Mountains that were so bright that their glow awoke gold miners, who began preparing breakfast because they thought it was morning.
So if people start seeing Aurorae in the Caribbean, you can try that theory again at that time.

Even then it wouldn't be as selective as this string of arsonist fires.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   

www.dailynews.com...

Hmm very interesting. They are looking for a "suspect" but my suspicion tells me that this may be more than someone running around setting fires.

Look at the times:

The first fire - which burned several vehicles parked at a four-story condo on Hatteras Street - was reported at 2:51 a.m.

This was followed at about 3:05 a.m. by a second fire in the
Advertisement
5900 block of Lemp Avenue involving a three-story apartment building and cars. That blaze apparently damaged one unit, according to the Fire Department.

At 3:19 a.m., another fire was set at an apartment building in the 11500 block of Hatteras. Then the arsonist hit an earlier target again, setting another motor home ablaze near the corner of Lankershim Boulevard and Vose Street at 3:56 a.m.

At 4:12 a.m. and 4:14 a.m., two cars were set afire in quick succession on Radford Avenue. Five more fires were started nearby.

These are all happening roughly 10-20 minutes apart. There is no way that someone could be walking around setting things on fire. The only way is that they are in a car with multiple flammables. I find it very hard to believe that there is not a single bit of detail about the suspect. This has been going on for two days and has been happening at roughly the same time each day. How does this guy go unnoticed?

My lurking suspicion tells me we might be seeing the first effects of the solar storms. Another interesting thing to note is that only cars and apartments are being set on fire. Not trash cans and other things that are extremely flammable. The EMP effects might be triggering these things to set on fire.

What are your thoughts?

I HAVE, a question and a statement, where is the map and how can you prove this?

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by dethduck
This seems legit.
It's all sceincey.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/625175043af1.png[/atsimg]
And by "legit", I mean ...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/929684a55100.gif[/atsimg]
edit on 7/25/2011 by dethduck because: (no reason given)

your a sith, i can tell. ah,
come on here where is the proof.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by cloaked4u

*waves hand in front of face*
"I am no Sith. The Sith are only a myth. We do not exist."
"THEY! They do not exist."

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
i have an interesting possibility. any idea or possibly a way to find out the vehicles[/i/ involved? if there is a case of the same model car maybe even make involved in each case it could be another case of mechanical problems.

this has happened before, i can't think of the car type as it was probably over 10 years ago, but there was an electrical problem that caused one model of car to "spontaneously" combust. a co-worker had a beautifully restored olds parked next to his brother's brand new car. well the new car went up and took his which was parked beside it. several of this car type went up fairly close together at that time and was recalled. so this is a possibility, it could even be some wiring coming loose from heat shorting out, very very rare to happen but could possibly be a design flaw.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

What you mean to say is that YOU don't know how they'd behave. You didn't really have to say it that specifically, we already knew that from reading your OP.

But it's incorrect to say that WE don't know how they'd behave, because even if you don't, some of us have a reasonable understanding of what such events are and are not capable of, since we had such an event in 1859.

Solar storm of 1859

The solar storm of 1859, also known as the Solar Superstorm,[1] or the Carrington Event,[2] which occurred during solar cycle 10, was the most powerful solar storm in recorded history, and the largest flare, observed by Richard Christopher Carrington, became known as the Carrington Super Flare.

On September 1–2, 1859, the largest recorded geomagnetic storm occurred. Aurorae were seen around the world, most notably over the Caribbean; also noteworthy were those over the Rocky Mountains that were so bright that their glow awoke gold miners, who began preparing breakfast because they thought it was morning.
So if people start seeing Aurorae in the Caribbean, you can try that theory again at that time.

Even then it wouldn't be as selective as this string of arsonist fires.

You cannot really compare an event in 1859 and base that as 100% conclusive.

This is for two reasons:

1) It happened long ago. Our knowledge of science, solar storms, and technology was much more limited.

2) It only happened once.

We are still in the dark about what we are experiencing, at least face that reality whether you agree or disagree with what i posted.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by generik
i have an interesting possibility. any idea or possibly a way to find out the vehicles[/i/ involved? if there is a case of the same model car maybe even make involved in each case it could be another case of mechanical problems.

this has happened before, i can't think of the car type as it was probably over 10 years ago, but there was an electrical problem that caused one model of car to "spontaneously" combust. a co-worker had a beautifully restored olds parked next to his brother's brand new car. well the new car went up and took his which was parked beside it. several of this car type went up fairly close together at that time and was recalled. so this is a possibility, it could even be some wiring coming loose from heat shorting out, very very rare to happen but could possibly be a design flaw.

Well it was multiple different cars, apartments and mobile homes. An electrical malfunction is entirely plausable, but we are still left with "what" caused it?

That is why i have the EMP theory. Maybe it traveled in such a way that it scattered across a few blocks and hit random electrical circuits. This is actually very similar to how lightning would travel. A lightning strike doesn't light up the entire sky, it travels down in a zig zag. Maybe EMP's from the sun act in the same way?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join