It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Car's and Apartments burning in North Hollywood, caused by EMP/Solar Storm?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
www.dailynews.com...

Hmm very interesting. They are looking for a "suspect" but my suspicion tells me that this may be more than someone running around setting fires.

Look at the times:

The first fire - which burned several vehicles parked at a four-story condo on Hatteras Street - was reported at 2:51 a.m.

This was followed at about 3:05 a.m. by a second fire in the
Advertisement
5900 block of Lemp Avenue involving a three-story apartment building and cars. That blaze apparently damaged one unit, according to the Fire Department.

At 3:19 a.m., another fire was set at an apartment building in the 11500 block of Hatteras. Then the arsonist hit an earlier target again, setting another motor home ablaze near the corner of Lankershim Boulevard and Vose Street at 3:56 a.m.

At 4:12 a.m. and 4:14 a.m., two cars were set afire in quick succession on Radford Avenue. Five more fires were started nearby.

These are all happening roughly 10-20 minutes apart. There is no way that someone could be walking around setting things on fire. The only way is that they are in a car with multiple flammables. I find it very hard to believe that there is not a single bit of detail about the suspect. This has been going on for two days and has been happening at roughly the same time each day. How does this guy go unnoticed?

My lurking suspicion tells me we might be seeing the first effects of the solar storms. Another interesting thing to note is that only cars and apartments are being set on fire. Not trash cans and other things that are extremely flammable. The EMP effects might be triggering these things to set on fire.

What are your thoughts?

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I think you are wrong and it is an arsonist.
I dont know how you have come to the conclusion you have....your idea makes no sense what so ever.

It would be very easy for someone to walk around setting light to things 20 mins apart....a bottle of lighter fluid and a lighter is enough to set a car/motor home on fire, and wouldnt require a vehicle to carry.

I believe....your reading too much into something

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Are you suggesting that these fires are being started by 'breaches' in our magnetic field.....aka like the film 'the Core' when the Golden gate bridge gets a kicking and falls down......

If it was what your suggesting then there must be TINY TINY amounts getting through to just set a car or an apartment on fire..

PDUK

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Fire Bug!

Pretty Simple

Not Solar Flares or EMP

Fire is the addiction of the Fire Bug!

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
No, just no.

What solar storms are you talking about anyway?
Why would it only be affecting cars and buildings and not more flammable substances? OK I get you think it causes an EMP but then it would be knocking stuff out all of the place and the sky, not localised to cars and buildings in North Hollywood.
I'm not sure on how you have managed to get your train of thought to here.
This is a text book arsonist. In my opinion, but hey don't take my word for it.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
So you think a solar flare hit us and the only thing it caused was a few fires in your area.. But nothing else?

Come on man... Use a little bit of common sense before making threads..
Or at least research the subject a little bit first..

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
The furthest any of those points are from each other is at most 2 miles according to Google maps. Even without a car, someone could run between those two places, or a car is more likely. Considering what time of day it was, early morning, they were most likely drunk coming out of a bar.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by demonseed

from your source :

The fires began each day around 3 a.m., according to city fire dispatch supervisor Capt. Rick McClure

so its not a " solar flare " , also " EMP" does not start fires -

About an hour later, a second fire destroyed at least three cars in the underground parking at a two-story garden apartment building in the 11800 block of W. Victory Boulevard

that further rules out " EMP" underground parking bays have re-enforced concrete roofs - there would be catestrophic damage above ground from an EMP event powerful enough to affect an underground parking structure

lastly " EMP " would destroy all integrated curcuits / semi-conductors , motor / alternator windings

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by demonseed

Nope...

IA. Analysis of Solar Active Regions and Activity from 23/2100Z to 24/2100Z: Solar activity was very low during the past 24 hours. New region 1260 (N20E71) was numbered today, and is initially classified as an Axx type spot group. Region 1254 (S23W67) and Region 1259 (N25W10) both decreased in area and remained quiet. IB. Solar Activity Forecast: Solar activity is expected to be very low with a slight chance for C-class activity for the next three days (25-27 July).

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Correct me if I am wrong but a thread in New Topics earlier was on about a large meteorite which went over Oregon. The OP reported flashes and bangs (unlike thunder) and intimated a yellow tail and parts falling off of it. Could this have caused possibility of fires and that happened at 3.30am? Is it possible it was a larger meteor that scattered?

Just a thought? who knows?????

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Jools

Over the last two days? Not very likely.

Most visible meteors never hit the ground anyway and when they do they don't often start fires, well it doesn't seem to be common anyway.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
sorry - my bad for not reading article as it has happened over three days....but still...it could be possible that on this occasion it might have been the meteor...although I have n ot seen any reports of it in the press!...if it was as large as the poster made out.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
thanks pazcat...wonder if there are any more reports on the meteor though....unfortunately the thread disappeared quick!

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
if it was an EMP why would it pick and choose? everything would be burning if it were, not just a few cars and houses.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
ITS a gang with a new way of initiation...........

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Your speculations might warrant more attention if they were based in reality. Not to be a jerk, but neither EMPs nor solar flares would do this. Furthermore, if they COULD do this, why in the hell would it be limited to seemingly random spots? Don't you think roof tops spread over a large area would be much more susceptible?

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Solar flares lighting fires at night WOW! I think we should go to the sun and check it out. but we have to only go at night or it will get too hot...... How do folks get through life with no science education? seriously how?
seed

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

top topics

<<   2 >>

join