It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video - Oslo a minute after bomb explosion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
This six minutes long video, made in Oslo right after the bomb exploded. The main fire alarm goes off in the city and a male voice announces in norwegian something like:" Fire alarm is activated, fire alarm is activated!" and then something i cannot understand. I am sure we have some norwegian on ATS whom can translate.

You get a picture of the chaos this bomb caused and the immediate reactions from the ppl around.

Video
edit on 24-7-2011 by johncarter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Why does this deserve a thread of it's own?

Can it not be incorporated into one of the many threads already discussing this issue?

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by johncarter

I wouldn't hang around and wait like those people incase another bomb went off.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by OwenGP185

Apparently common sense was blown out the window... I guess they don't recall how secondary explosive devices rack up considerably higher death tolls. Perhaps with less time spent on shopping and drinking their common sense would return.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Americanist

Or perhaps they were stunned and in complete shock?

After all a bomb had just gone off....

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

You do know this isn't America in the video.

This is a very rare thing to happen, they don't even know it was a bomb.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by johncarter
This six minutes long video, made in Oslo right after the bomb exploded. The main fire alarm goes off in the city and a male voice announces in norwegian something like:" Fire alarm is activated, fire alarm is activated!" and then something i cannot understand. I am sure we have some norwegian on ATS whom can translate.

You get a picture of the chaos this bomb caused and the immediate reactions from the ppl around.

Video

Thank you for sharing, John,

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
hmm...emergancy information directly after explosion...
edit on 24-7-2011 by Hessdalen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Well, it's not like a bomb goes off every day here. These people had no idea what the hell is going on. Violence rarely happens in this country...

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by zookey

Yes I know this wasn't in US as I know where Oslo is. I guess if they couldn't work out it was a bomb far enough. I personally would of been out of there, if it was say a gas explosion that would be even more dangerous. But hey maybe they feel more safe as opposed to other more areas.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09

Or perhaps they were stunned and in complete shock?

After all a bomb had just gone off....

I highly doubt it... They're spending nearly half their wealth on alcohol consumption. It would make sense to run from a hungry lion not approach it for a handshake, but while you're drunk you'll do almost anything. What time do the bars close again? If I sound rude, I apologize... My take on Norway is that of a Fantasy Land where Satanists dual as K-1 teachers and police show up an hour and a half into a massacre. I imagine certain instincts of the general population have been bred out or boozed up.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Unbelievable reply. Unbelieveable

I would fair to venture you are from the United States, judging by your name. To paint Norway with such a broad brush is stunningly ignorant in times like these. How quickly you forget the sins done to your own nation in the past.

Speaking of statistics, I could have pages of unfavourable stats pertaining to your country. However, I won't because it's obscenely crass and vile.

Thanks for perpetuating.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrRoboto

Unbelievable reply. Unbelieveable

I would fair to venture you are from the United States, judging by your name. To paint Norway with such a broad brush is stunningly ignorant in times like these. How quickly you forget the sins done to your own nation in the past.

Speaking of statistics, I could have pages of unfavourable stats pertaining to your country. However, I won't because it's obscenely crass and vile.

Thanks for perpetuating.

You can blame the broad strokes on my former roommate who lived in Norway off and on for roughly a decade. Unfortunately, last we spoke she was still drunk and continuing to drink at 10am. The culture is habit forming. In stark contrast, she drank perhaps two dozen light beers while living in the States. She was here for a combined total of 2 years, and never went beyond the occasion of being tipsy. I'd venture it has more to do with the company you keep.

Anyhow, this is not an apples to apples comparison. What sustains Norway also makes it weak. For starters... How about locking up mass murderers in something remotely resembling jail? In addition, reacting to automatic gunfire faster than delivering pizza?

These aren't answers you have to provide me. These are answers for parents of the children found dead. This was an unbelievable emergency preparedness to an overwhelmingly predictable scenario tragically played out all over the World.

So you'll find me perpetuating common sense... In this case it's not advertised as extra sensitive for maximum pleasure.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

American beer is not as strong as European beer. Sorry for going so off topic just though that may be a reason as it takes more beer to equal the same amount. Anyway I’m glad not everyone judges a countries population by a roommate.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

American beer is not as strong as European beer. Sorry for going so off topic just though that may be a reason as it takes more beer to equal the same amount. Anyway I’m glad not everyone judges a countries population by a roommate.

Not everyone has the opportunity to live with someone from outside their own country/ perspective. She does speak 5 languages, holds a master degree in philosophy, and picks things up extremely fast... I doubt the behavior is a genetic factor or being able to hold strong alcohol. I drink Belgian beer mind you, and I'm also familiar with other 8-12% varieties.

This is a tangent argument you presented... Where was the resolve when nearly 90 kids were gunned down during 90 minutes of free reign? You should have a hard time answering... Especially face to face with a parent of a lost loved one.

new topics

top topics

join