It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Detailed dream of a place before I had seen it

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I have a long history of reoccuring dreams, lucid dreaming, minor personal predictions...etc.

I had a recent revelation that has me really freaked out, though.

For the past few years, I have had a reoccuring dream where my family & I (husband + 2 small children) were at a beach resort and were touring the shopping areas near the beach. All of a sudden a gigantic tidal wave comes and people are running for their lives. Of course, we are running too. We end up separated (my husband has one child & I have the other) and we end up living through this event because we are standing behind this little beach shack, and the wave just goes around us.

So, that's the gist of the dream. I've researched meanings & the best I can come up with is that a tidal wave means some sort of intense emotions. (which has been true)

Here's the kicker, we just moved to Florida a few months ago & I have finally come to the realization that the little beach shopping area from my dreams is the exact beach shopping area where we live. We had driven past before, but this past weekend we actually went down there to do the "tourist" thing. I immediately felt uncomfortable, and was anxious the whole time we were there. I mean, we're on the Gulf side, so a chance of a tidal wave is pretty impossible, but still...

Anyone else have a dream that ends up materializing in some way in reality?
edit on 24-7-2011 by cassp83 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Normally I would be very skeptical of this, but I've witnessed the same thing you did.

I was about eight years old when my parents decided we'd start looking to move elsewhere. We spent a few days touring the western part of Kentucky and going through several schools before settling down in a particular area. There was one school we went to that made me realize I had seen it in a dream a short while ago. This definitely wasn't common deja-vu. I remembered in full detail what the dream was about and I remembered thinking about that dream days before.

The creepier part happened when we were in a hotel room that night, discussing the options we had. Before I even mentioned how I was freaked out about the dream, my brother told my parents that he had also seen the place in a dream prior to going there.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
that happened to me, too. once in my life, about 10 years ago.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Had a dream once that I was living in a strange, sterile factory of sorts. My folks came to visit and I had the impression that I had not seen them in a long time; we'd wander around the factory, go outside into a garden area for cigarettes, generally just catch up and talk about when I could come home.
Things got weird at the end when I saw a rubber hand, like a gag-shop novelty hanging near my bed. It looked weird and disturbing.

Anyway, about a year later I ended up in hospital in a different city to where I live. Was pretty miserable, being stuck there for six weeks for a bunch of invasive procedures. My folks visited a few times which was pretty nice.
But then one day I had blown up a surgical glove like a balloon and tied it to my bed (I was bored a lot, lol) and the dream came back to me with incredible focus. Everything I had dreamed had a real-life counterpart, just filtered and slightly distorted.

So I guess my advice is to remember that this filter is in place. Definitely be prepared for something to happen, but that tidal wave could mean a lot of things. Hopefully it won't be as bad as how your subconscious interprets the event.
edit on 24-7-2011 by Unresponsible because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join