It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The number of people killed in war since 1900 is.........

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Before I get to that, I'd like to explain the reason for this thread.

War confuses me.
People are constantly trying to explain its necessity, and why war is need, and war is natural, and war is something that is here to stay, so just accept it. To be honest I've tried to accept it but it's a part of me that is nauseated by wars. I can't stand death. Every time I hear of someone losing their life, I just think of what good, and positive energy they could, or may have brought into the world.

There has never been a true point to war, in my own opinion. Religious wars are fueled by the ego and the ego alone. "My title/label is better than yours, but in the end neither of us realize that we both worship the God of Abraham." Political wars, whatever the hell they are, are pointless simply because most of us hate politics anyway.

A life is not given by a human, so it can't be taken by a human.

With that being said, I used 2 wikipedia pages to get these numbers. The first one being List of wars and anthropogenic disasters by death toll and the second one was a List of Ongoing Conflicts. As stated in the thread title, I only gathered numbers from 1900 and beyond. Keep in mind 1)This is only wars, genocides not included. 2) I used wikipedia.

The low end estimated death toll since 1900: 74,442,293
The high end estimated death toll since 1900: 175,690,065

I find the accuracy based somewhere between 135 and 150 million but either way, this is all over nothing. These are people who died over money, land, and in some cases religion. Are either of those 3 really important enough to kill for? What IS important enough to kill for?

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   
didn't 40mil die from the spanish flu,

in ww1?

really wouldn't want to be in either ww, but i'd rather be in ww2.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
The only time war is acceptable imo is if a foreign power is trying to invade your own country.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
That number is just astounding. It goes to show the pain and suffering that the wars have on every country.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooks

in ww1?

Depends on if you believe the spanish flu to be a weapon. Would you like me to add up the numbers since 1900 who died of disease?

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by MrHappyman989

Yea, and it really is a bummer to live in the invading nation....like 6 times over..

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
depopulation in its full glory..

link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Indeed. The whole world has had an equal share of life lost. I don't think we should share that. It's a beautiful thing when an elder dies of being, well, an elder. But elders, children, and all in between dying of metal foreign objects in their bodies, or being blown limb from limb.... It's disgusting

link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon

If 175 million people died this year, TPTB would battle dance naked through the bohemian grove....

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   
All the wars so far, in the period of a 100 years, has been pretty much initiated deliberately by the evil Zionists (Like Rockefeller) and their two faced Rothschild Bank funding both sides during wars.
War isn't about protecting one's country anymore - but protecting the interests of Big Business and the rich elite...and has been for a longo time.

edit on 24-7-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: .

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

I just wish they'd find a different method... killin aint kool

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Not much of a depopulation, if we look at the numbers only, it is quite insignificant, considering there are 7 billion humans on this planet. I believe diseases (by themsleves, and as a result of wars) would be much more effective tool for depopulation than the fighting itself.
edit on 24/7/11 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine

If 175 million people died this year, TPTB would battle dance naked through the bohemian grove....

i thought they already did this...

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

So what are nations suppose to do when Crazy nazi come to take over the world?
Are they just going to let them massacre of nations and not defend them selfs?
War is necessary sometimes its natural to fight over territory. It been going on since we climbed down from our trees. Hell even when we were still in the trees.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine

in ww1?

sure! and subtract the number from war dead.

then give me a bio-warefare link.

no doubt the ancients knew about catapulting dead animals and humans over the walls, in a siege situation,

but this is a little out of their scope.

maybe it was murdoch?

Depends on if you believe the spanish flu to be a weapon. Would you like me to add up the numbers since 1900 who died of disease?

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Try to imagine the effect on the population if each of those 175 million had a couple kids and they each had a couple kids,,,,,We are several generations out of even WW2. I'm sure there is a mathematical formula for this but I don't know it

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by isitjustme
Try to imagine the effect on the population if each of those 175 million had a couple kids and they each had a couple kids,,,,,We are several generations out of even WW2. I'm sure there is a mathematical formula for this but I don't know it

On my calculator I counted 175million as couples so 87.5million couples have 2 kids you're back to 175 million. Multiply that by 2 once for each generation. So for example, after 4 generations that 1.4BILLION babies that COULDA been.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

anybody really can read this?

what happened? i answered him and it seems all twisted.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   

reply to post by fooks

anybody really can read this?

what happened? i answered him and it seems all twisted.

Your new post got mixed in with the first quote. It happens sometimes.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

Just goes to show what a disgusting, barbaric and demonic species we are. No end in sight for our destructive ways! Shame on humanity. Most days I wake up feeling nauseous about what we have become!

Universe, we belong in the dustbin!

new topics

top topics

join