It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Live In A Different World Now???...Puh-lease !!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 12:07 AM
link   
One thing I can't stand about how all our government officials and the media, and the majority of people who talk about 9/11 mention that we live in a new world. What the heck is that supposed to mean!!??

You mean we never lived in a cruel, and violent world before? Bombs never went off and people weren't killed? No holocausts? Nothing of that sort? People never hated the US and religious fanatics/extremists didn't exist? Governments weren't corrupt? Certain groups never HATED other groups???

If anything, 9/11 PROVES that our world hasn't CHANGED one bit! 9/11 is only yet another awful event in a chain that goes back to the very beginning of humankinds history!

All I see behind this label that's being fed to us through gov and media is propaganda and appeal to emotion to justify why we "need' all these new measures in security and more governmental power! It's all BS! What about the 93 bombing of world trade center. The 95 bombing of the federal building in Oklahoma City?

Is terrorism a new thing?? Hardly!! Caesar burned down parts of Rome on his OWN command, and blamed it on the christians so the terrified Roman citizens would take them out. That's using terrorism to a capital 'T.' Hitler created attacks within Germany and blamed it on Jews so his terrified citizens would agree with his extermination plans. There has always been assassinations and assassination attempts through covert means or by non-military operations. Today, everyone would say an assassination would be terrorism, but we didn't before 9/11.

The ONLY difference I see between our world before, and our world now, is that NOW people are saying that we live in a new world, or that our world hasn't changed. Give me a break!!

[edit on 17-8-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I think the fact that 9-11 was comitted by people in our own government changes things......maybe not like they thought it would. Have you seen "9-11 In Plane Site"?

Respects,

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Well, if the "goverment did 9/11" theory is taken as fact with the evidence we currently have, then the "goverment alowed Pearl Harbour", "goverment killed JFK" and "goverment did OKC bombing" theory's, would need to be seen as facts too, since there is equaly much evidence to support those. Then 9/11 is nothing new and just a continuation of goverment actions over the last age.

Don't get me wrong there, I'm convinced with the evidence there is that something definatly isn't cosher and that there is truth in those theory's.

But my point is, 9/11 is indeed, like SimpleTruth said, a continuation, nothing really changed then did it?

[edit on 15-8-2004 by thematrix]

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1amc
I think the fact that 9-11 was comitted by people in our own government changes things......maybe not like they thought it would. Have you seen "9-11 In Plane Site"?

Respects,

Hi 1amc,

This is the second time I have seen mention of this film... Where can I get it?

Simpletruth: your eyes are open. Everytime the Bush administration says we live in a different world, they effectively admit they are lowlife propaganda peddlers trying to strongarm the American people into wars of aggression and loss of civil liberties at home.

Thanks,

U.

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Your absoilutely korrect
Except you spell cosher with a k, as in kosher.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Glad to see some agreement from you guys. I know everyone doesn't buy such a stupid and ignorant notion, but there aren't too many. Is there anyone on ATS out there who genuinely feels the world is DIFFERENT now? I would like to hear your opinions.

Thematrix - Yes, I also agree our government had a hand in this.

1amc - Therefore 1amc, even if they had a part in this, it STILL doesn't change anything, because governments have always been corrupt, and they most likely would have allowed pearl harbor, etc like thematrix said. Also, look into something called the Northwoods document if you don't already know what that is. (I don't think you were actually trying to dispute me though
)

Upuaut - Thanks for the support. You can get the whole video for free at www.supernova.org under documentaries. But the files are bittorrent format (i think that's what they're called) so you need to install shareaza (a sort of kazaa program, but better with no pop-ups etc) and shareaza will download it. You can't download the actual movie file directly from supernova, but if you have shareaza, just click on the file you want on supernova, and shareaza will automatically download it.

Tuttutkamen - Thanks for being the official thread spellchecker

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I am a firm believer that Patterns form out of chaos. I feel the same way, I think it has gotten a bit softer. It was worse in the earlier years, but it will come full turn.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by tututkamen
Your absoilutely korrect
Except you spell cosher with a k, as in kosher.

Pardon me for I am not nativly english speaking. I do however read/write/speak 4 languages with, as you can see, some minor spelling errors and am very able to fend for myself verbaly in 4 or 5 more languages. This is not taking in account the 8 or so programming and scripting languages I've mastered.

Don't ya'll get MS Paperclip Spellcheckin on my sexy behind, I'll PWN y00 in any multilingual competition :p

Anyways, nice to see a thread where everyone agrees for a change!!!

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimpleTruth
One thing I can't stand about how all our government officials and the media, and the majority of people who talk about 9/11 mention that we live in a new world. What the heck is that supposed to mean!!??

It means that before 9/11, the US homeland had been relatively safe from serious attacks. The statement doesn't mean that the world is actually new. It means that we, as Americans, need to wake up and realize the our circumstances in the world have changed.

To say that we are living in a new world is an abstraction and a generalization--a kind of shorthand for a more complicated concrete assessment.

[edit on 04/8/17 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 12:16 PM
link   
SimpleTruth,

I agree with you, this is not a different world, it is the same world since it was created, politicians and the government are the ones that had make (living in this world) a dangerous one with their policies and wars.

They have made it worst when they favor one group over another one.
When they disregard peoples cultures, believes and myth.

They have made it worst with wars and invasions, and when they force their views on other with not respect.

This is the same world it is just that we are not very good people when it comes to the treatment of one another and the nations of this world.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

Originally posted by SimpleTruth

It means that before 9/11, the US homeland had been relatively safe from serious attacks. The statement doesn't mean that the world is actually new. It means that we, as Americans, need to wake up and realize the our circumstances in the world have changed.

To say that we are living in a new world is an abstraction and a generalization--a kind of shorthand for a more complicated concrete assessment.

If we look closer, we discover that it is a highly deceptive shorthand because it infers that 9/11 was the beginning of this so-called new world. It tacitly removes all possibility of the roots of 9/11 taking origin before it, and in great part in our actions abroad. In essense, it takes 9/11 as reference point for a new era impicitly sold to us by this choice of reference point, and noone on this thread is buying it.

The continental US always was vulnerable to such an attack, and yet it hasn't happened a whole lot over the past one hundred years. Nations all over the world have to contend with terrorism, and they do so, without melodrama and without invasions.

If Bin Laden was responsible and we really wanted to fight terrorism, we would have killed him by now instead of drumming up more support for his cause by invading a nation that has nothing to do with him (but a lot of petrol).

U.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by upuaut
It tacitly removes all possibility of the roots of 9/11 taking origin before it, and in great part in our actions abroad. U.

It does nothing of the sort. Everyone from Ann Coulter to the 9/11 Commission has pointed out the historical precedents to 9/11. No American worth his salt would suggest that any US action could justify such a cowardly and unprovoked attack on a strictly civilian target.

And furthermore, my post was intended only to clarify the meaning of the sentence quoted.

If Bin Laden was responsible and we really wanted to fight terrorism, we would have killed him by now instead of drumming up more support for his cause by invading a nation that has nothing to do with him (but a lot of petrol).

Oh, now I get it. Your not an American. Never mind. You hate Americans and I'm one of the few on this board who has had the courage to put his life on the line to defend it and its principles and who will continue to do so, even in the face of overwhelming opposition. Now I know why you're harrassing me.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
It does nothing of the sort. Everyone from Ann Coulter to the 9/11 Commission has pointed out the historical precedents to 9/11. No American worth his salt would suggest that any US action could justify such a cowardly and unprovoked attack on a strictly civilian target.

I ask you one, very simple question. Who has spoken of justification?

And furthermore, my post was intended only to clarify the meaning of the sentence quoted.

That's what I gathered. I was just commenting on how I felt your clarification was in fact not a clarification.

Oh, now I get it. Your not an American. Never mind. You hate Americans and I'm one of the few on this board who has had the courage to put his life on the line to defend it and its principles and who will continue to do so, even in the face of overwhelming opposition. Now I know why you're harrassing me.

And now I know why you claim not to understand my posts. If you saw any indication in the previous post that I am not American, you are probably suffering from hallucinations. I am American.
Furthermore, if you can explain how my previous post is indicative of hating America, I'll give you my next Way Above vote (that's how sure I am you won't be able to do argue such a preposterous notion).

Pointing the anti-American stick at me
How very cowardly. Beats actually facing up to my arguments though...

U.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by upuaut
I'll give you my next Way Above vote (that's how sure I am you won't be able to do argue such a preposterous notion).

I don't need your vote. Your use of the English language betrays you and I will leave it to you to figure it out. Thanks.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 04:44 AM
link   

and begun to create the only functioning democracy in the Middle East other than Israel.

and what functioning democracy would that be? did i miss something?

new topics

top topics

join