It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is ATS mod censoring my thread?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I started a thread here, and it was almost immediately closed. Was there a copyright violation? I don't think so, I only used part of the manifesto. In case you don't know what I'm talking about, here is the thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You gonna close this thread now also? How is this public info that I spent all night looking into so sensitive that you have to brush it aside?

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Send the mod who closed it a U2U and ask for specifics... Opening another thread to ask might get ya in trouble..

There should also be a link somewhere where you can appeal a thred removal..

Start with the mod though.. They will ave the info...

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
do whatever you can to allow the discussion of that topic, i'd like to join that discussion.

if Oslo Bomber Anders Behring Breivik is linked to Knights Templar, Masons or the like - i want to discuss that in a thread dedicated to that research and discussion
edit on 7/24/2011 by indigothefish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Thread about a thread?

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by KSprepared

Looks like they thought it was a repost.

They are but mere humans and probably made a mistake.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I u2u'ed him, I am just waiting for a reply

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
...i'm just guessing here but maybe your thread was closed because you failed to give your insight on the topic - and - you've already got another thread on this topic... iow: you're supposed to do more than just post links and excerpts...

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
You may be right that he thought both threads were the same, but they are different topics, one discusses the website in general, the other discusses the Oslo Bomber's role in that website as an extremist 'Crusader' in the 'Knights Templar'

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Haha I noticed that when you posted it. Thought it was a bit bizzare, I think he assumed your thread was a duplicate of the first posters link.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Well it could also be said that there was no need for the second thread, the information could have been kept in the first thread...

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

Looks like they thought it was a repost.

They are but mere humans and probably made a mistake.

Yep, I agree. I was just looking. As a former mod here, it appears they thought it was a duplicate post.. That a similar thread had already been made.

Send a U2U to MirthfulMe since he is the one that closed it.

Just a mistake,I think. It happens.

Now. THIS thread will be trashed. Why? You are not supposed to discuss individual mod actions on the forums

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I tried altering my title to include the new subject, but was timed out, and I really wanted to explore this avenue specifically. I am very interested in his role in the group, and didn't even have time to link to his youtube video 'Knights Templar 2083'. I did end up discussing it in the first thread since this one was locked, but the misleading title is not garnering the discussion I wanted, everybody is talking about the website from the OP

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
i think it got closed because you linked to another thread that you started that was similar to the one that got closed.

it would be akin to starting a thread about Lee Harvey Oswald being a patsy and then commenting on that tread with a link to another thread that you also started where you have proof there was a shooter on the grassy knoll.

its a repetitive topic.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

Well it could also be said that there was no need for the second thread, the information could have been kept in the first thread...

Mmm, could be but I doubt it....Usually if two threads have two different topics they are left alone. Yes, these do have related topics but they are different.

Im in agreement with you. Just a mistake. Mod thought it was a dupe thread.

That is what my money is on.
edit on 24-7-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Correction:

Thread about a thread about a thread?

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Nvm.
edit on 24-7-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
Correction:

Thread about a thread about a thread?

I see what you are talking about now. Yeah, he posted a link to a similar thread he made... but still, different topic.

Yeah. that said, honestly the only thread that should not be here is this one...A thread discussing mod actions.

But the other two, I am not seeing the problem.... Looks like a mistake to me.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

yeah I'm leaning towards the first option too.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
The reason for the action is clearly identified in the thread.

As is the case here. Thread closed.

join