It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

11 things the wealthiest americans could buy for the U.S. that most familys cant afford themselves

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I don't know if this has been posted here before, but I thought it was a very interesting perspective on things. Let me know what you think!

faireconomy.org/node/1765

Just some highlights:
new car for every family in the U.S.
pay off every student loan
pay off all credit card debt
replace 70% of the money lost in the 2008 recession*

Great quick read!

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by mutatismutandis

S & F This hits the nail on the head!

Now Imagine how far their money could go in a country with nothing.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Haha yeah, and that's funny because those things that they could afford to buy for everyone in the U.S. are the same things that are giving them that much money in the first place!

link   

Very interesting, but unfortunately that would never happen because the corporate billionaires/millionaires need to "provide for their family".

link   

Hurray for Communism?

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by mutatismutandis Sounds like another Obama plan.......take from the rich and give it to the poor. How about instead of handouts, you try to make yourself sucessful?

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by mutatismutandis
I don't know if this has been posted here before, but I thought it was a very interesting perspective on things. Let me know what you think!

faireconomy.org/node/1765

Just some highlights:
new car for every family in the U.S.
pay off every student loan
pay off all credit card debt
replace 70% of the money lost in the 2008 recession*

And if the rich gave all the the loser commie-democrats this they would still want more and treat the rich like crap. The government already takes in $2 Trillion per year now, why don't you ask them for this amount 'for the people' or do they just want to keep you losers under control, keep you dreaming 'about the big score'? Still playing class envy to get your votes, and keep this money for themselves. How do elected government officials make so much more money when in government? Mindless Nazis Pelosi, personally has $38 million from doing what? John Kerry $200 million, mainly from his wife?

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Thats all well and good, but when you are given things you really don't appreciate it one bit. I'd rather stay middle class then be given everything at the expense of someone else's work.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedom12
reply to post by mutatismutandis Sounds like another Obama plan.......take from the rich and give it to the poor. How about instead of handouts, you try to make yourself sucessful?

60,000 in dept for student loans with nothing to show because they decided I was maxed when I reached my final year...yeah tried that! Works great in your fantasy world..come back down to reality, the rest of the world will be waiting...too bad you'll probably never see over your daddy's trust fund to see the real world around you...

Oh, and just for info...I'm very successful now, no thanks to our government!
edit on 23-7-2011 by mutatismutandis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012

Hurray for Communism?

Just number crunching... Those are just hard facts, no opinions included.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
It's interesting, but not all that exciting. I have seen a theory that if the USA confiscated all of the wealth in this country and redistributed equally so everyone started at the same point, 1 generation later the people who are wealthy now would be wealthy again. And the reverse, the people who are poor now would mostly be poor once again. The basic premise is that some people are taught how to work with money and make it work, most are not. Some of us are lucky enough to figure it out, or in my case, have a mentor, but most don't have a real clue. And so the wealthy remain that way for the most part.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by NuroSlam

Completely agree my friend!

Is it just too much to ask for the gap to be closed just slightly though. I mean I'm all for free markets and all, just seems a little unbalance when you look at it that way...maybe its just me

I just don't agree with some being billionairs when others starve. It was our system that allowed them to get that way and when their fellow citizens need them most the take offense and call it class warfair! No one is trying to make us communists, just a country where you can count on those you've allowed to prosper to assist when the cards aren't in the little guys favor.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by cdnutz44
It's interesting, but not all that exciting. I have seen a theory that if the USA confiscated all of the wealth in this country and redistributed equally so everyone started at the same point, 1 generation later the people who are wealthy now would be wealthy again. And the reverse, the people who are poor now would mostly be poor once again. The basic premise is that some people are taught how to work with money and make it work, most are not. Some of us are lucky enough to figure it out, or in my case, have a mentor, but most don't have a real clue. And so the wealthy remain that way for the most part.

Speak for yourself, not all humans have the same resources and not all humans are retarded dullards, the poor know how to budget better than the best economists, why necessity.

On another note, you can keep your brand new car, insurance would be way too high, and I rather have something that if some drunk retard hits it I won't be depressed about it and would not have such a hard time replacing.

The mortgages. I find it would be difficult to say that or the rent part being as how every mortgage/rent is vastly different, depending on where you live and how much space you have in the residence. Also, same with student loans, every single one is vastly different in amount. Same for dredit card debt.

Gas in my car? Nah i'd rather them spend thier money and creative resources on finding better/more efficient/greener types of fuels and developing cars to run on it...or building the monorail trains that run on magneticss (public transportation for all GASP!).

I don't doubt those greedy bastards will buy all the foreclosed homes and try to sell them at like a 200% increase to our stupid A's.

The annual salaries of all those people well most of that IS already paid by them (although the salaries are in fact rather sucky to begin with). The bonus well that would be nice, but they move most of their operations overseas so they don't even have to pay minimum wage to begin with!

They will never pay teachers salaries, haven't you heard...the wealthiest americans would hardly ever send their kids to a public school!!! THE HORROR!!!
Oh and they already think the public school teachers are paid too much, that's why they're busting up teachers unions and trying to demonize them. DUH!

Replacing the money lost in the recession, HA!!! They have no loyalty in America they just rape what they can and Screw what happens to the country they have their nice little escapes from the chaos in some place in the Caymens or similar...also that's where all their money is kept as well to evade taxes.lol.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   

reply to post by NuroSlam

Completely agree my friend!

Is it just too much to ask for the gap to be closed just slightly though. I mean I'm all for free markets and all, just seems a little unbalance when you look at it that way...maybe its just me
I can understand closing the gap, but perhaps if we could actually move in the direction of a free market, more small independent business owners would have a better shot of success challenging the entrenched fat cats.

I just don't agree with some being billionairs when others starve. It was our system that allowed them to get that way and when their fellow citizens need them most the take offense and call it class warfair! No one is trying to make us communists, just a country where you can count on those you've allowed to prosper to assist when the cards aren't in the little guys favor.

Why should they care, the government has made it so they don't need to care, its being taken care of. They don't need to care about their employees because what they don't pay the government steps in a gives them what they need.
Many of them do start charity foundations, just not what would be possible if government got out of the way and stopped doing such a horrible job. I don't believe that rich people are heartless, just not willing to try and do something good just to have the government step in to get its cut.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by freedom12

The game has been rigged. Quit making out like people are lazy and just want handouts.
Most people just want a fair chance.

I say throw all the damned banksters in prison and take back the assets they swindled.
That would be a start.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedom12

60,000 in dept for student loans with nothing to show because they decided I was maxed when I reached my final year...yeah tried that! Works great in your fantasy world..come back down to reality, the rest of the world will be waiting...

Oh, and just for info...I'm very successful now, no thanks to our government!
edit on 23-7-2011 by mutatismutandis because: (no reason given)

So congratulations? You are successful. You didn't get help. Why are you proposing handouts then? Do you leave on a sustainable income with no extras and help the needy of the world? Too bad you decided to say this:

too bad you'll probably never see over your daddy's trust fund to see the real world around you..
really hurt your credibility when you say garbage like this. Do you know that person has daddy's trust fund? or did they argue a point you didn't have anything to debate against?

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012

Hurray for Communism?

Just number crunching... Those are just hard facts, no opinions included.

Sorry I should have been more clear. I wasn't stating that I believe you think communism is great. Just seems to be on the path of the hard facts.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
They don't need any of that stuff..

All they need to buy is : ``all of congress``... which they have already done.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

www.youtube.com...

And we wonder why so many
Knights of Templar
are popping up
as people are now cheering
Robin Hood.
Steal from the rich give to the poor.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

The big point is that why should they do this? Everything in that list dealing with American individuals and families is normally a personal responsibility. Why is it an organization like this promoting wealth redistribution is lauded, instead of promoting others to succeed themselves and provide for themselves and their families? Success is built on hard work and smart decisions, and not on panhandling and taking from others what is not earned.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join