It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

18 YR Old Lawn Service Worker Dies of Heat Stroke in Louisville KY

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
This was just on our local news. The link below says they were denied care, however, they went to an immediate care center who did not have the facilities to care for him an they told them to go to the ER. Why didnt the immediate care center call an ambulance to help this young man and give him whatever medical assistance they could until it got there? Didnt the doctors take an oath? They were better equipped to handle the young man than his friends were and he died and shouldnt have. I call this neglect of our medical facilities. We trust them to know what to do.

www.wdrb.com... eat-stroke

This is my first thread so please mods tell me if this is posted in the wrong spot.
edit on 22-7-2011 by dbates because: Caps Lock Title Edit

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
WTF that is crazy # right there.. shouldve played it safe in the heat

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by shadowreborn89

Seriously sad isnt it? This kid would be a live if his father would've just waited until later in the day to do the work. I understand you have to make a living, and hindsight is 20/20 . My daughter is a junior in high school and her soccer team has been practicing in this heat.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by k21968

Yes, this is very serious and I hope coaches are very aware and trained in seeing the signs of heat stress. When the kids stop sweating, it is past time to cool down. Especially on the artificial fields, they usually run 10-15 degrees hotter.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
No he didn't. According to Rush Limbaugh, this whole heat index thing is a scare tactic. He must have the aids or something.

new topics

top topics

join