It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Report Of Hate Crimes Against Muslims

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 07:11 PM
link   
CAIR, The Council on American-Islamic Relations, wants the FBI to investigate several possible hate crimes against Muslims recently. One being an intentionally set fire of a Texas store owned by a Muslim which followed graffiti of the phrase "GO HOME" on the store walls, and an apparent beating of a Muslim taxi cab driver in NYC.

usnewswire.com
WASHINGTON, Aug. 13 /U.S. Newswire/ -- The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) today called on the FBI to investigate an intentionally-set fire at a Muslim store in McAllen, Texas, as a possible hate crime and sought felony charges in a bias attack on a New York Muslim taxi driver.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The graffiti was believed to be written by anti-muslims after the store started commericials of a Muslim woman wearing an Islamic head scarf on television. CAIR Communications Director Ibrahim Hooper urges the FBI to use its resources to find the criminals.

Also, a NYC Muslim taxi cab driver was punched in the face in front of the WTC site after being told, "You are a Muslim." Brian Lydon, who was arrested for the incident, said that he knew people who were in the WTC on 9/11 and he told officials that he was intoxicated. Lydon was arrested and faces 3rd degree assault charges, which could cause him to face 2 years in prison if convicted.

Related News Link
newsday.com

[edit on 8-14-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Myself being a young black male has seen some and been apart of racial incidents. I can recall one of my family members being assaulted by the police. I can recall stories from my older relatives of the civil rights movement. My Latino and black friends have also told me stories of how they have been harrassed. So in the case the muslims should deal and stop trying to make it seem like they only go thru a struggle because everyone does.

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 07:20 AM
link   
OMG they want the FBI to investigate talk about whiny little girls. What's next calling the CIA and NSA ot investigate the graffiti. OH well deal with it damn. The need to stop acting like they don't know what is going on in the world, you can understand why someone would write that graffiti.

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
OMG they want the FBI to investigate talk about whiny little girls. What's next calling the CIA and NSA ot investigate the graffiti. OH well deal with it damn. The need to stop acting like they don't know what is going on in the world, you can understand why someone would write that graffiti.

I see you haven't read too much of history. Remember what happened in Germany only few decades ago.

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by greatone46
Myself being a young black male has seen some and been apart of racial incidents. I can recall one of my family members being assaulted by the police. I can recall stories from my older relatives of the civil rights movement. My Latino and black friends have also told me stories of how they have been harrassed. So in the case the muslims should deal and stop trying to make it seem like they only go thru a struggle because everyone does.

It is people like you that are making this situation what it is. The majority of the American people have buried their head in the concrete on this issue. We have allowed our government to invade a soverign nation under false pre-texts and now our citizens are taking their frustrations out on the muslim population over something that some radicals did. Not all muslims are terrorists! What is it going to take for you people to realize this? 6 million dead muslims? More? At what point will you people feel vindicated?

[edit on 15-8-2004 by DjOsiris]

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I never said it was right i just said deal with it like all minorities and women have to do.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 05:13 PM
link   
This topic was posted on Sunday 8th of August 2004. Did you read it? I did. It outlines the goals and steps necessary for world domination. Radical Islam is not only found in the middle east but throughout the entire globe. All you have to do is look and see what is now taking place in Canada and to a lesser extent in our own Nation. Muslims hide behind there religion to force there beliefs structures upon others of non muslim faith.
Recent examples of this are; a woman was fired because she ate a sandwich which contained pork at a business owned by a Muslim, muslim women who refuse to have a drivers license showing there full face image
and last but not least, muslim women who refuse to wear hospital gowns.
These may be of little importance but little things have a way of becoming bigger.
As far as the destruction of property in Texas and the assult that took place in New York city, do we really no what took place to cause such violence?
Believe me people, all emigrants did not come to our shores to assimilate into the mainstreame. Many of these Muslims are here to change our society either covertley or overtly.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I can see ignorance is rife in this thread. I can't believe that a black person, who has been affected by racism, will just say, "live with it." You know we have communities that become little parts of their own culture, you don't want to live there, don't buy there or move if you were already there and don't like the new neighbors. We have had "Chinatown" for decades and no one complained about this but because they're Muslim, oh, can't take that, has to be a plan to take over our country.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I completely understand where everyone is coming from and i wouldn't quite say ignorance but opionated. We all agree this is wrong but our opionions take it further than others might agree with.

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Thats nouthing new this go's on all the time where I live just the outher day a "white" guy got jumped and got his jaw broken etc he was atttcked by a gang of asian's as the news paper put it. And its just the same for them asian's are always getting attcked in the town etc. I'm sick of hearing it last time something major happend it kicked off and we had 3-4 day running pitch battles with the police.

People need to learn to treat each outher with a little more respect. And have respect for who they are and what they belive in.

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 08:30 PM
link   
An interesting incident happened right around the corner from my mothers house.

A Pakistani mans store was burned down, hate grafitti scrawlled on the walls. the police freaked out, because they feared a hate crime, but further investigation showed the guy set fire to his own store to collect the money, and was arrested.

Now, the Muslim council is crying that this will bring more attacks on Muslims.

The BS never ends.

Great one, you are right. Many blacks have basically come to deal with the fact cops are gonna bug em. Same with alot of white people. if youre a poor white guy with long hair driving a beat up old vehicle, cops are always gonna pull you over and harass you for stupid #, where as a mercedes with no tailights will get passed by. If youre poor, youre game.

new topics

top topics

join