It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

priceless our govt and the double eagle coins

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Just wow!!! woman finds treasure in her fathers vault and govt says its theirs. Wonder what MFR is getting these. Surely it wont be the US mint!!! They steal trillions from us, but that doesnt really matter. These coins should never have been in circulation. Are we really gonna stand for this much longer!!

news.yahoo.com...
edit on 22-7-2011 by sd2112 because: bad link

edit on 22-7-2011 by sd2112 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by sd2112

A friend of a friend of mine sound some cool Seminole Indian artifacts here in Florida. He took them into some archeological society to have them identified, and he got all good news, they were real, and rare, and valuable. He was excited. Then the scientist behind the desk dropped them into a jar with some other similar artifacts and told the guy good day? He was confused, and asked for the artifacts back, but the scientist told him they belonged to the state now. The guy argued for a few moments, stating the obvious, that they artifacts were better off in the public than in a jar on some guys shelf, and stating the obvious about the value of them, but the scientist wouldn't budge.

So, the guy tells the scientist that he will be in the parking lot waiting on him to leave, today, and every day from now on until he gets them back. He says, "you can have me arrested, but I'll be back tomorrow, and the next day, and the next." And then he sits back and waits. After a couple of minutes, his artifacts were back in his hand, and he was on his way, LOL!

My parents are also currently involved in a lawsuit against a County in Missouri. They came to be in possession of a "bearer bond" with 150 years of unpaid 10% interest! It should be worth millions, but the county is claiming it was paid and subsequently stolen. The bond is not marked paid, and the county's books still show the bond as outstanding and not paid, along with 4 others.

Anyhow, an overzealous prosecutor in the county issued a felony warrant for "theft of an historical document" and a SWAT team raided my home in Florida! They recovered the bond, arrested my parents, and subsequently destroyed the bond. Now the prosecutor has been fired, the local SWAT team has issued apologies, and the lawsuit is ongoing.

Yes, we continue to let these things happen. We can fight them on legal basis where possible, but if the tide doesn't change soon, we will have to fight for real!

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

whoa!! crazy story, I really hope your family PREVAILS!!.

BUT, those SWAT guys are just as guilty, as those who followed orders to crank up the heat to the OVENS in the death camps.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by rebeldog

They are partially to blame, but to be honest they were extremely reserved and professional. I was out of town on business, my wife and new baby were at home, and my parents were staying there. I had a 90 lb pitbull, and he was protective of the wife and baby. He started raising hell at the back door (we had a large back yard with a privacy fence), so my wife lets the dog out the door........she hears hollering, and scuffling, so she quickly locks the door and yells for my Dad. A few seconds later a knock at the front door, Mom has her gun, Dad cracks the door to see who is there, and it is a sheriff backed up by a Swat team, and now they hear a helicopter overhead!

Dad invites the sheriff in, and he reads the warrant and asks them if they are in possession of the bond. Dad says yes, and Mom goes to retrieve the bond and brings it to the sheriff. The sheriff apologizes, but says he has to arrest them, and he gives my Mom a chance to go and change clothes first.

As they are being patted down and cuffed, the Swat team joked about the dog with my wife. Apparently two members had been inside the fence and the dog gave them quite a scare, but they were able to scale back over the fence quickly. They actually admired the dog's actions, and petted him before they left!

Dog wasn't shot, family was treated with respect, the legal guns in the home were not seized, and my parents were out of jail the next morning.

It was a very tame and professional experience for a raid. The neighbors talked for weeks of course. Apparently there was the helicopter overhead and support vehicles around the block, and the police unit stalking through the neighborhood to surround the house. Quite an exciting evening for the neighbors!!

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Wow you are lucky they did not go all military raid on your family like that poor vet they killed in New Mexico. To bad they did not get that bond to a safe place before the raid. Those bastards now destroyed evidence to if they indeed destroyed the bond. Hope your family owns that county when it is all said and done.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Do not ever speak to talk with the Government about 'anything' of yours.

They don't need to know about it.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
thats crap shes 81

really its not like the government would take advantage of and eldery woman who grew up in the era that government was "good".

possesion is nine tenths of the law isnt i t?

she didnt do anything illegal and they can proved they were obtained illegally.

yet another reason i hate government whats yours isnt yours its always theirs.

blah

top topics

join