It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria - 1,200 government soldiers have been killed so far

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
english.peopledaily.com.cn...

This is the very last paragraph in the article.

The Syrian government said 1,200 members of security forces and army personnel had died since the eruption of protests. According to activists, more than 1,600 civilians have died and some 10,000 have been detained.

I was looking through some Syria updates and found this. I didnt think THAT many people have been killed there. I originally thought the government was just slaughtering the civillians without taking barley any casualties. Looks like the resistance is putting up a very strong fight.
edit on 22-7-2011 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
The MSM news says the Syrian army is fighting the people, but no word on the causalities. With all the tension in the region I would not be surprised if some other nations are in city stirring up trouble.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

As much as those numbers are appauling but thats only what we know about; I'm sure the actual number is alot higher than that and we'll never know because by the time the USA rolls "in to town" the numbers will skyrocket.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
The budding Civil War in Syria has started. This is a sign that things are getting real hairy there. Now if the Syria Rebel Group made a call stateside seeking help would we let it go to voicemail or would we answer it?

top topics

join