It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China hiding their economic woes and corporate corruption?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
So I ran across This Article today and found it interesting.

An investigative reporting unit led by one of China's top investigative reporters has been shut down in what a member of the unit told ABC News was a "shocking" move partly caused by government pressure.

Members of the China Economic Times investigative unit were told during a Monday morning meeting Monday of the Beijing-based newspaper's entire editorial staff that they would reassigned to other jobs as part of a "reshuffling."

A reporter for the paper told the South China Morning Post that the paper's publisher and chairman, Han Lijun, said that the China Economic Times should focus on "positive economic reporting" and limit negative reporting to "commercial injustice and corporate corruption."

This looks like a blatant attempt to censor honest journalism. Wang Keqin who reported for the Chinese economic times, has been stalked, threatened, and attacked by unknown assailants for reporting on corporate and civil corruption. And according to the article the previous chairman was removed from his position after publishing Wang's stories.

Or could there be another angle? China (like many other nations in the world) is suffering from economic stress.

THE Chinese economy is showing signs of slowing down after industrial production shrank for the first time in a year.

Is it possible that to avoid looking weak in the eyes of the rest of world, China would further destabilize their already extremely biased journalism sector?

This article in conjunction with others I have seen, has further stoked the theory in my mind that in the next few years the "Red Threat" will be all over the news again. If China is actually in dire straits, it would not surprise me to see a rise in radical communism.

So ATS any theories and or comments?

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
China is a dangerous nation.

With the amount of money flowing in and out of its borders and with a population as large and brainwashed as it is, I fear for future security.

Say what you want about America and its warmongering, but China will make us look childish if they ever reach their full potential. A billion people who, for their entire lives, have been taught to think they are superior and entitled to the "American way of life", finally starting to reach prosperity. The corruption is severe. This is known. As for economic woes? It wouldn't surprise me. The amount of money China has pumped into infrastructure has to be putting sever strains on their economy, nationwide. And at their recent rate of growth, what goes up must come down. I would love to see in what shape the Chinese Economic and Governmental systems are truly in, free of Communist propaganda.

I personally love the Chinese. Next year I am spending a semester in Hong Kong doing an Internship for a multinational. But, they are robots. Robots that know what they want and will stop at nothing to get it.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Openeye

China has been doing this for some time now. I posted a thread a few weeks back that talked about Chinas cities and the financial issues they are having. They are in debt to the tune of 1/2 a trillion dollars... They refuse to honor their comiitements to the WTO by allowing their currency to free float on the market like others currencies.

Everything China is doing is coming right out of Tom Clancys The Bear and the Dragon.

join