It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemasonry degrees

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deadallready
Do ya have any for morons?

Quick lesson in practical virtues (there are no quick lessons on the theological ones). Humility does not mean insulting yourself. If you insult yourself, you are still primarily concerned with yourself, and therefore you are a slave to your own ego. Humility means treating yourself, and all others, with equal compassion and love.

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Nice pill there Kennedy.

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Alex Kennedy, thanks for clarifying!

Didn't expect this thread to evolve into these character attacks! LOL, entertaining, though.

Had a really good talk with a friend of my late grandfather, about freemasonery. He tried to explain the finer points of it to me, especially the part of freemasons of his ("order?"), were all about bettering themselves and society around them. Although we ended up discussing things like the Franciscian Order (sp?), the Thule Society, The Great Pyramids, it was a great talk, and eventually led me to question the varying degrees in different orders and countries.

Thanks again everyone for your input.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Hey operatoreleven

There is today about 4-5 major systems and about 2-300 minior systems most form the "old days".
One of the major systems today is the "Scottish Rite" with 33 degrees. An other is the "Swedish System" with 12 degrees. The 3 top degrees are for the leading members ( Grand Loge officers - Regional Loge officers )
I have bin a brother for almost 19 years and work as a Liberian and loge scretary, and recived my 10 degree last year. (comparable with 32 degree S.R.)
The 11 degree is only for the High Council (11 members +past High Council members) only the Grand Master has the 12 degree in the Swedich system.
The Swedich system is built up as a tripel layer birthdaycake with 3 loges in one Order. 1-3 degree is almost the same allaround the world and is called the Blue Loge , 4-7 degree is called the Steward Loge and 8-10 is the Chapter. where the Heigh Council also is working as officers and the Grand Master rule.

I belive that its almost the same In the S.R. system. You has to offer your service to the Order and work for the Loge to recive the 30 - 33 degree.

I hope that this answer your quest, if not - just send me a u2u and I will try to help you.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by operatoreleven
Alex Kennedy, thanks for clarifying!

Didn't expect this thread to evolve into these character attacks! LOL, entertaining, though.

Wait... you didn't take what I said as a character attack, did you? I was just commenting on the nature of humility as I see it -- that people should treat themselves with compassion and love, not with hatred.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join