It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemasonry degrees

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I have a question about the degree system of Freemasons. I've read quite a few threads mentioning degrees as high as 33.

To my knowledge the highest degree a Danish Freemason can achieve, is 10. A Danish king (his name escapes me), a lifelong freemason, was awarded an 11th degree, as the only one ever.

Can anyone explain this difference in the degree systems?

[Edit: for typos]

[edit on 15-8-2004 by operatoreleven]

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Yes, that is the Swedish Masonic Degree system (also used in Denmark), in which thre are 10 ordinary degrees, and one honourary degree. Freemasonry in Canada, the USA, and Britain, and most other places, comprises only 3 degrees. We have an appendant body, a separate organisation called the "Scottish Rite," which confers an additional 29 degrees, plus one honourary degree (the 33rd).

I believe that the Swedish System is unique in having more than three degrees in the standard system. Additionally, it only accepts Christians. Despite this, I believe the system is regarded as Regular.

[edit on 14-8-2004 by AlexKennedy]

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlexKennedy
degree (the 33rd).

I believe that the Swedish System is unique in having more than three degrees in the standard system. Additionally, it only accepts Christians. Despite this, I believe the system is regarded as Regular.

Indeed it is. The Swedish Rite, worked in most of Scandanavia, ir recognized by US Grand Lodges, as well as the two US Supreme Councils of the 33�.
The Supreme Council of the Southern Jurisdiction USA recognizes the Swedish Degrees to be equal to its own degrees in the following manner:

VI� Swedish Rite = 18� Scottish Rite
VII� Swedish Rite = 30� Scottish Rite
VIII� Swedish Rite = 32� Scottish Rite
XI� (Honorary) Swedish Rite = 33� (Honorary) Scottish Rite

(Source: "Forms and Traditions of the Scottish Rite" by C. Fred Kleinknecht, 33�, Past Grand Commander, p. 22)

Therefore, if a Swedish Brother of the VIII� was visiting the USA, he would be welcome to attend meetings of the Lodges of Perfection, Chapters of Rose Croix, Councils of Kadosh, and Consistories of Sublime Masonry.

Fiat Lvx.

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Danish Freemasonry sounds like an improvement. Alex, do you know If they use the Pentagram as a symbol or have oath rituals to instill fear? I figured you would be a better source than me looking it up on the Internet.

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 03:56 PM
link   
DP, what is with this obsession you have with the pentagram.

Instead of focusing your unsubtantiated and misinformed anger towards the Masons why don't you do something positive and channel that energy towards something more beneficial to mankind. I can think of a few things you could do... try providing health care for needy children or lend a hand supporting orphans or you could just work to make yourself a better person.

Oh wait these are things Masons do, so they must be evil.
I guess you will have to just keep doing what you do best, giving Christians a bad name while carrying out your personnal crusade against something you apparently know nothing about. Instead of taking the word of people who are filled with the same Hatred as you ,why don't you do your own unbiased research. Start with an open mind, because if you start with a preconceived idea the only things that you will believe are the ones that support your predetermind conclusion.

just my $0.02

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by DetectivePerez
Danish Freemasonry sounds like an improvement. Alex, do you know If they use the Pentagram as a symbol or have oath rituals to instill fear? I figured you would be a better source than me looking it up on the Internet.

DP,

Their first three degrees are similar in content to the first three degrees of the Symbolic Lodge elsewhere about the world.

See:

freemasonry.bcy.ca...

www.stbryde.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Charity, Masons did no charity in this county until Captain Morgan got kill by them and the rise of the Anti Masons spured the evolution of the Party of Lincoln. Charity through this organization is part of the problem. The U.S. tax code is Unconstitutional and as a result, tax exept organizations subsidize the failure of the system and insure a cheap lobor force. Not unlike early American slavery. Small businesses are dropping coverage for employees and Masons come in to help. Great! Masons should have been trying to fix the problem of the need for so much help. I would like to see an audit done on the entire Masonic frat and it's members. Any Mason who has an employee and does not pay them a living wage or provide health care, is a thief and a lier. If you do business with anyone els who practices the same, you are still stealing from the very people you give help to. Until a commerse tax is made law and a universal healthcare system is put in place, you have just hidden the cost of those who labor for your tax exempt status. It's no secret that you should give 10% of your ernings to God but, before taxes. Anyone paying 51% on 170K is UnAmerican. You should have been fighting for true value before you claim your good work. If you had such a smart bunch of Patriots, you would have built a better America rather than a New Lodge. Keep up the work though, our system is failing and we need you more and more.

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Look, you are really showing your ignorance here when you write about masonic obligations and penalties.

First of all, the obligations are to do and refrain from doing actions that ANY man with a faith in g-d already does. I won't go into them, because, frankly, I feel that if you want to know what they are, you can go look them up in any good library... the time out will be good for you, and a first time exposure to the knowledge contained in a library may help your defective work...

Now, as to the penalites. They are SYMBOLIC. NO mason has even carried out the penalties. They are sort of like when a child says: cross my heart and hope to die, stick a needle in my eye.

Never happened, never would. The child knows this, why is it that a "grown adult" (I assume you are, though your posts give me pause to think not) can not understand symbolism of declaration of intent? Perhaps it is that you would RATHER think evil of good men than to look at the truth which would demolish your little evil world picture and force you to revisit your entire life???

I swore to do and not do a number of honorable things, promising under no less a penalty than... which is NOT an invokation to have it done, but, rather, a statement of full intent. The penalties are aslo symbolic of a time in the past, as a reminder of the seriousness on which and by which we bound ourselves, each to the other.... to aid and assist... to fly to the relief of...

You have YET to demonstrate any evil intent or action in anything masonic, though I have seen much evil and hateful in YOUR posts... are you sure you are a Christian and not some devil worshipper? I mean, there is only one entity that would have such a great stake in slandering and defaming and ruining the good and honorable men of masonry, and that is certainly NOT g-d.

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 05:39 PM
link   
You have said nothing. Week defense. You are doing good work almost. That is the piont. You do not build with stone on a crooked line and call it masterful. What book shall I read from your foundation that I cannot write? ''A measure of wheat for a penny'' If you keep your panthiest secrets with your fellows and it bennefits you, have you taken from the ignorant or just profited the cornerstone of business? What spirit is among men of works that say, my charity comes from the spirit of my gift and I show you not? Labor is not known among this kind of man but, for the thief. What day you chose to be counted with the Father of Christ, shall be the day you have a gift.

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 05:44 PM
link   
say, deadalready (brain dead?) read my sig as an answer... by its fruits shall the tree be known. The fruits of masonry are honor, integrity, faith, hope, and charity. Ipso facto, masonry is good men seeking to do good.

Thanks for playing though. Now, go take that lithium... I think its overdue.

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deadallready
Charity, Masons did no charity in this county until Captain Morgan got kill by them and the rise of the Anti Masons spured the evolution of the Party of Lincoln. Charity through this organization is part of the problem. The U.S. tax code is Unconstitutional and as a result, tax exept organizations subsidize the failure of the system and insure a cheap lobor force. Not unlike early American slavery. Small businesses are dropping coverage for employees and Masons come in to help. Great! Masons should have been trying to fix the problem of the need for so much help. I would like to see an audit done on the entire Masonic frat and it's members. Any Mason who has an employee and does not pay them a living wage or provide health care, is a thief and a lier. If you do business with anyone els who practices the same, you are still stealing from the very people you give help to. Until a commerse tax is made law and a universal healthcare system is put in place, you have just hidden the cost of those who labor for your tax exempt status. It's no secret that you should give 10% of your ernings to God but, before taxes. Anyone paying 51% on 170K is UnAmerican. You should have been fighting for true value before you claim your good work. If you had such a smart bunch of Patriots, you would have built a better America rather than a New Lodge. Keep up the work though, our system is failing and we need you more and more.

Yet another truly zaney post. Deadalready, (I *believe* that!) What in the WORLD are you talking about? ...and more importantly why? Please, please, please...try not to type. OK?

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 05:55 PM
link   
You guy's are really into pills arn't you. Handing pills out is your way of helping the needy. I bet you have lots of Bio Tech stock too. I think you drug runners should just stick to wiskey. Pharmicia and the ways of sorcery, you guys love that magic crap don't you. You should follow Kennedy and just ignore imbicils like me. Ya, I am the devil, your leader. Now come this way little lamb or I will accuse you both night and day.

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 05:57 PM
link   

You have said nothing. Week defense.

Which week? This week? Last week? Next week? ...pretty "weak" statement if you ask me...

You are doing good work almost. That is the piont.

Uhmmm...OK. Thanks.

You do not build with stone on a crooked line and call it masterful.

I guess that's true. errr...I think.

What book shall I read from your foundation that I cannot write?

Better not write any of our books. They seem to have already been written. (I mean, what with copyrights and all...)

''A measure of wheat for a penny'' If you keep your panthiest secrets with your fellows and it bennefits you,

Ah, those blessed bennefits! My kingdom for some bennefits.

have you taken from the ignorant

Apparently not, they seem to continue to post silly stuff here.

or just profited the cornerstone of business? What spirit is among men of works that say, my charity comes from the spirit of my gift and I show you not?

Uhm...I give up. What spirit? Bourbon? Gin?

Labor is not known among this kind of man but, for the thief.

Laboring theives. What a concept! (I've actually had a few of them on my construction crews from time to time)

What day you chose to be counted with the Father of Christ, shall be the day you have a gift.

I truly don't know what that means. "chose?" "choose?" "chews?"

...perplexing. Entertaining, but perplexing.

[edit on 14-8-2004 by senrak]

[edit on 14-8-2004 by senrak]

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   
A dumb ass can't teach you anything. Well then, I think I'll have that pill now.

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 06:12 PM
link   

A dumb @$$ can't teach you anything. Well then, I think I'll have that pill now.

Now there's a good boy!

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I am not with out hummer or humility and I am a dumb ass. You never know though. Some people can't tie shoes but, can square up an atom.

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 06:25 PM
link   

You never know though. Some people can't tie shoes but, can square up an atom.

Now THAT'S the truth! I recall specifically an engineering student when I was in college who was brilliant in his field...but I was surprised that he could find his way home after dark.

Regards,

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Will I be able to find home on this pill? or just find lodging? Instatute for the Grammaticaly Challenged. Oh, school, Ive been schooled. Wheew! I thought I was lost for a moment. You guys have some pills in the form of college grants I bet. Do ya have any for morons?

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Any Mason who has an employee and does not pay them a living wage or provide health care, is a thief and a lier.

Yes, and this principle is explicitly stated (in almost those terms) in a Scottish Rite Degree (Prince Libanus). Gee... it's almost as if Freemasonry and the appendant bodies were trying to make their members better men somehow.

Keep up the work though, our system is failing and we need you more and more.

So... wait... where do you stand, again? You spent a paragraph insulting Masonry, then suddenly we're doing a good job? Well, thanks for the compliment, anyway.

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 07:54 PM
link   

You should follow Kennedy and just ignore imbicils like me.

I never ignore people for more than a few days, just to rest my weary spirits.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join