It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British 'Taliban fighters' arrested in Afghanistan

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   

British 'Taliban fighters' arrested in Afghanistan

www.bbc.co.uk

Two Britons suspected of fighting for the Taliban have been arrested by British armed forces in Afghanistan, the Ministry of Defence (MoD) has said.

The MoD said the pair, who it said "claim to be British nationals", have been detained.

And the Foreign Office also said two Britons were being held and embassy staff were "providing assistance".

It comes as responsibility for security in the capital of volatile Helmand province was handed to Afghan forces.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Yet more evidence of the "Enemy Within" makes you wonder just why we have deployed our troops overseas when nutters like these are on our own streets.. No doubt within a few weeks they will be allowed to return to our country by our namby pamby government, given a council house and benefits for life and welcomed back into their communities like long lost brothers....

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Like i have always said; "if you don't like it here, go home"

Hope you get what you seek in your own country, if that is death then so be it..... I hope they get their dues

If you don't stand behind our troops then gladly stand infront of them
edit on 21/7/2011 by ThorsBrother because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
If there's proof they were fighting for the Taliban their British citizenship should be automatically revoked.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
AWWW... OP, your avatar is painfully hideous.... oh, man. Have mercy on us all.
I shall read now whatever you posted over here. Well, I'll rather not. Can't go there.
OK, I did. AWW (again). S&F. This is vicious. Those boneheads are qualifying for treason. The "high degree" one too. And of course, I fully agree with all the previous postings. P.S. UGH, man... I did have to cover the left side of the screen

edit on 21-7-2011 by trisvonbis because: managed somehow...

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
anyone regardless of nationality should be shot.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Britain Is now a breeding ground for extremism.. We allow people to spout their hate in the streets, burn poopys and flags, clash with police etc..
In some cases we give the instigators homes, money, free health.. And they don't work, their job is preaching hate and recruiting terrorists. A perfect example of this is Abu Hamza (hook hand) who was living in a £700,000 house in acton, west london and the other one..(can't remember his name) living in similar accommodation in shepherds bush.. And this included 24 police guard outside their homes, in case of attacks.

Although they have both left the country now, I'm sure their are others who have taken their place.. And I'm sure we pay for them to spread hate aswell..
We also have sharia law taking place in Muslim areas around London..

We need pull our recsources out of Afghanistan and start correcting the serious problems in our own back yard..

Unless of course this is all part of the masterplan which will ultimately lead to the passing of draconian laws in the uk..

Either way civil/religious war on uk soil, is no longer a far fetched theory..

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

Abu Hamza hasn't left the UK. He is currently in Belmarsh Nick fighting extradition to the US. Report out a while back stated he was likely to win as well thanks to the EU human rights courts... yet another reason we need to leave Europe.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
They are as far from being British as you can possibly imagine.They do not uphold the traditions and monarch of the United Kingdom, they never have, and they never will, they are parasites.
edit on 02/04/2011 by WideAwakeNow because: Just needed a little tweek

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by yellowbeard

Why?.. shouldn't people be free to choose who they believe and support?..

Everyone who shuns nationalism as fake and disagrees with the state is disloyal scum worthy of death?.. the nazis would fully endorse such ideals eh?

Personally, I would like to see people free to support whoever they want.. regardless of popular opinion. I'll bet, if not illegal, 1000s of Americans / Brits would join the fight against the oligarchs & bankers.. and millions would freely donate money to the so called "enemy" to protest US/UK elite foreign policy..

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by GovtFlu

And if they do not support the UK or our foreign policy why are they in this country? Why haven't they returned to the country they originate from if that is such a haven of peace of tranquility?

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by GovtFlu

Because they're fighting against British troops in a foreign country, then when they get captured they start screaming "don't hurt me I'm British"
If they believe in the Taliban ideals so much they should apply for Afghani citizenship.

Mmmmm, thinking about it I think they should be hanged as traitors if they're pleading British citizenship.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by yellowbeard
Mmmmm, thinking about it I think they should be hanged as traitors if they're pleading British citizenship.

Unfortunately Tony Blair removed the death sentence for treason otherwise this may have been the case.. And the British consulate service is reputed to already be helping them. No doubts they will be returned to the streets of somewhere like Birmingham within a few months scrounging from the state again.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by yellowbeard

Up until this thread I was losing hope for my across the Atlantic brothers but DAMN, im glad to see you all having such strong feelings for a traitorous act like this. I do really hope your country sticks it to them

your all getting stars
edit on 21-7-2011 by BMags because: Felt like it

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
SOLUTION....

Let the Press publish their names, Photos and addresses..........

If they were fighting there then they should be ''processedd' in the courts at the very least for Multiple attempted murder of British Citizens...... simple.........

Hopefully in the meantime before the legal isuues, someone or some organisation should take them down a dark Alley and let them meet F****** Allah and Mohammed face to Face for real !!!!!!

DO NOT LET THEM BACK TO THE UK and REVOKE THEIR PASSPORTS............ End of.......

I do hope that the troops 'guarding' them behave themselves...

Regards

PDUK

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by solidshot

Now we're faced with a bit of a dilemma. Should they be tried as prisoners of war in Afghanistan or as criminals in British court? What will be done in this situation?

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by lifeissacred

Personally if it were me, i would have taken a leaf out of general Pinochet's book and opened the door of the aircraft flying them back to the UK once if reaches around 10k feet and shown them the door...

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by solidshotNo doubts they will be returned to the streets of somewhere like Birmingham within a few months scrounging from the state again.

Put their pictures on posters... let street justice take its course

Oops the funny colored dog beat me to it

edit on 21-7-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Just more proof of the taliban jihad fighters integrating themselves for a takeover of the west. Isn't it obvious to everyone by now? I'm not going to get into " isn't it their right" and this and that... Simply because yes, is their right. However, as I do support their human rights, I do not support the taliban because in their eyes, they feel the west should have no rights to being free and doing as we please.. they look in disgust upon the fact we have rights at all. In the extremist Muslims eyes, the west is theirs and they are going to take it back. Not if I have my way they won't. I'll fight for our freedoms to the death. They have countries where they have all the implementations that make them happy and I won't let them take the few remaining countries where we have all the implementations we desire. Nuff' said.
edit on 21-7-2011 by iBleedSovietR3D because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by iBleedSovietR3D

The Taliban are fighting us because we have invaded Afghanistan. If we didn't have our armies in Afghanistan then we wouldn't be at war with the Taliban. Full scale war against nation states creates terrorists and insurgencies, it doesn't stop them.

The 'war against terror' should be restricted to covert operations and special forces being used to take down these small international networks. Full scale military invasion does NOT work in our favour, it incites terrorism and doesn't prevent it. We should pull out of Afghanistan and the middle east and concentrate on healing the division between East and West which is at the heart of this conflict. We can't bomb our way out of this conflict, diplomacy is what will help us get out of the Middle east.
edit on 21-7-2011 by lifeissacred because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join