It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disassembled Engine Starts Itself

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whitbit
reply to post by OccamAssassin

Nice response! However, the dogs were in the house and the door they ran to was the one that goes into the garage. (They arent allowed out there) I barely have anything out there. The buggy sits out there along with my lawn mower and some clothes.. lol

Those are definitely some things to consider. We had a storm about 4 hours before that, so I had thought lightning would be a possibility too. The only question is why not during the storm and not 4 hours later?

Also my husband had said he moved some things around next to the engine about 8 hours before it happened. Again, why not right then.. unless it stored the energy somehow.

Yeah static electricity could have been the cause if it was windy and the air was dry there could have been a static build up in something. I have no idea how the static would have spontaneously discharged though.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I have owned many sand rails and know every inch of them

If it is rare it must be a type 4 or maybe even a Porshe

Any way they are much fun and you shouldn't be affraid of it

I can tell you if my sand rail started up on it's own I would be on it like stink on...
Well you know

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   

*Edit If it's "ghost fleet" I can't find the episode to watch

Ah, Destination Truth. That episode is one of my favorites, combining both the supernatural and shipwrecks into one episode.

Basically, I don't recall where it was (Japan somewhere), there's a ton of ships that were sunk by American forces. Many divers to these wrecks hear the ships engines roaring away like they're afloat. Yet there's no possible way for those engines to be functioning after 65+ years underwater.

The reason why they hear these sounds is still to be determined, but many believe it's supernatural. (Might be a residual "haunting".)

As to your engine starting up, there is a lot of good theories posted in the thread. Depending on how long the engine has sat (didn't see any time frames), it might have still had gasoline which could have ignited and sparked it to start up for a second or two. However, it's unlikely. Since I don't know the neighborhood or if your garage door was open or not, could it have been a large motorcycle out nearby starting up? For example a Harley Davidson has a rather robust, bass filled sound which can sound terrifying in closed spaces. They also sound vaguely similar to VW bug engines with straight pipes (or in this case, without exhaust pipes).

For example, maybe your neighbor started up his bike and the sound echoed in your garage (as sound often does) leading you to believe that the engine itself started up. I'm only guessing though. Either way very cool thread.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Yea always put your Harly in nutral when not in use...static electricity might steal it

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frontkjemper

*Edit If it's "ghost fleet" I can't find the episode to watch

Ah, Destination Truth. That episode is one of my favorites, combining both the supernatural and shipwrecks into one episode.

Basically, I don't recall where it was (Japan somewhere), there's a ton of ships that were sunk by American forces. Many divers to these wrecks hear the ships engines roaring away like they're afloat. Yet there's no possible way for those engines to be functioning after 65+ years underwater.

The reason why they hear these sounds is still to be determined, but many believe it's supernatural. (Might be a residual "haunting".)

As to your engine starting up, there is a lot of good theories posted in the thread. Depending on how long the engine has sat (didn't see any time frames), it might have still had gasoline which could have ignited and sparked it to start up for a second or two. However, it's unlikely. Since I don't know the neighborhood or if your garage door was open or not, could it have been a large motorcycle out nearby starting up? For example a Harley Davidson has a rather robust, bass filled sound which can sound terrifying in closed spaces. They also sound vaguely similar to VW bug engines with straight pipes (or in this case, without exhaust pipes).

For example, maybe your neighbor started up his bike and the sound echoed in your garage (as sound often does) leading you to believe that the engine itself started up. I'm only guessing though. Either way very cool thread.

The garage door was shut, and I went out there with the door still shut, it was unmistakeably not coming from outside. Good thinking though!

It had sat for a few days, not quite a week I believe.

*Edit - Definitely gotta check this show out. Definitely my kind of thing.

Originally posted by Raznva
Yea always put your Harly in nutral when not in use...static electricity might steal it

VERY Funny. I LOL'd.

*Edit.. would be an even better title for this thread

edit on 21-7-2011 by Whitbit because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-7-2011 by Whitbit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Reply to post by Whitbit

It is ghost fleet and i cant find it either. That sucks.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by strafgod

Here you go: Destination Truth - Ghost Fleet (43 minutes, full video streaming)

Going to give it a watch now.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Frontkjemper

well my Internet is slow right now and when i tried to watch the video it froze. i dont know if when i refreshed the page if it changed the episode or not but once it played it, it was the wrong episode. anyone else have this happen?

i tried again with no luck.
edit on 21-7-2011 by strafgod because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-7-2011 by strafgod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Whitbit

related to the radio bit someone mentioned:

I don't know, but I have a device that takes 2 batteries, and one day I realized it works with only 1. I have asked people how this is possible, and nobody has really given me a clear answer. They thought it was an everyday thing I guess. I haven't altered the device at all.

Anyway, I enjoy operating my mouse with only 1 battery. (Not sure if it drains twice as fast or not.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
IF u didnt have a source of combustion energy to supply,its very rare indeed,engines need a process to function even if is only for a 1 rpm,has to be electromagnetic reaction for this to happend.Of course the fuel,as the spark.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
That is very strange, Does the engine have a battery hooked up to it? Without power going to the starter or cranking over the engine manually, I really dont see how the it could start.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Whitbit

There is no way in hell that motor started without a supernatural influence. I know I am a 18 year Master Technician. The temps that would be needed to even fire off one combustion cycle is ridiculous. Most engines need to be absolutely perfect to start with minimal cranking.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frontkjemper

Originally posted by strafgod

Here you go: Destination Truth - Ghost Fleet (43 minutes, full video streaming)

Going to give it a watch now.

Yeah after watching Destination Truth... then watch The Love Bug.
Volkswagen with a mind of its own.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Electro-Static Discharge. I could go really deep into this but I'm at work. It happens more often than you think. Do a web search for Joe Cell installation and it will explain how your block can be turned into a capacitor and how electrical current can flow in a circular direction around your block as well as how little fuel it will take to make that motor run. ESD all day!

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by imitator
Yeah after watching Destination Truth... then watch The Love Bug.
Volkswagen with a mind of its own.

Haha, I lol'd. If that's the case, my mom's VW HATES my mom.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
OP, did you happen to notice any smoke or any smell of gasoline?

This is probably a way out there guess, but oil soaked rags can oxidize and spontaneously combust. Perhaps your hubby left an oil soaked rag on the engine block. Perhaps a rag caught fire and set off the fumes coming from the engine. If your engine still has good compression, then that could set off a chain reaction for all the pistons.

Interesting story none-the-less!

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
haarp
2nd line

Mod Edit: Adding " 2nd line" doesn't make it any less of a 1-liner!
Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.
edit on 28-7-2011 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
was the eng a diesel? if so it could have ran, between heat and compression it could have self started, if your hubby turned the crank and if the heat build up in the garage, well then there you go. compression start. if it gas ???? i have had lawn mowers do that in the sun , or not be able to turn of my 74 ford truck 390 eng still ran, from what is called dieseling , heat, off time and high compression, as long as the distributor and plugs are in it will run.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Without a doubt a ghost or a poltergeist.

....if its neither of the above then i would have to go with either a Reptilian influence or maybe a renegade Grey tampering with your engine.

Could it be Elenin approaching??

Ive yet to pull out a bible and look through it for passages to post....Paladians maybe??

These are the first things you should look at, as one of these if probably the answer.

If none of these were to blame then maybe id look at the more logical reasons....but no one is bothered in those so i shall not bother proposing any of these.

Supernatural for sure....100%.....we cant explain it so thats the most logical reason

[Note sarcasm]

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Whitbit

This certainly has a supernatural aspect to it. For an engine, on the "bench," meaning not installed in the vehicle, to start and rev, it would need the following:
1. A fuel supply
2. An electrical connection to the ignition coil
3. Some kind of device that could push and pull the throttle cable back and forth.

No way could this be a natural event. No, I will not venture to explain it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join