It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Starcraft the best pc game ever?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   

StarCraft was released internationally on 31 March 1998 and became the best-selling PC game for that year, selling over 1.5 million copies worldwide. In the next decade, StarCraft sold over 9.5 million copies across the globe, with 4.5 million of these being sold in South Korea. Since the initial release of StarCraft, Blizzard Entertainment reported that its Battle.net online multiplayer service grew by 800 percent.StarCraft remains one of the most popular online games in the world. source Wikipedia

Starcraft was the first game I ever played on pc,that was 13 years ago and I still play from time to time.

The classes in this game offer equal chances of succes.For example, the Zerg which is a Insect class can build things faster because of larva’s.The Protoss an advanced alien class can build stronger units.The terrans,a human class can have the flexibility of both classes.

I really emphasize going on the missions if anyone is new to the game to learn how to use each and every class.

Not only will it make you more knowledgable, this excercise will also strengthen your skills as a strategist to build faster and more efficiently to bring down the enemy.

Terrans(humans)

the Zerg!

The protoss

So whats your favorite pc game?
For me,it's starcraft.

Spike Spiegle

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
It's easier to just give the whole Best PC Game Developer title to Blizzard as a whole rather than really get into an intense debate about which genre plays the best on PC....but

The thing with Starcraft 2 that imo would win the debat....is the Custom Map Design application.

You could re-create Diablo, Warcraft, and so many other games, inside of Starcraft 2 using the power of this application.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
That changes all the time. Right now it's Dragon Age. I've played that thing all the way through at least half a dozen times.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
As much as i truly enjoy SC, it is not the best game ever.

Call me oldschool, call me lame, call me dated. BUT, all i have to say is DOOM.

GET SOME

This game never gets old, and if you get enough guys, the multiplayer lan parties are epic.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
F A L L O U T

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by W3RLIED2

Someone has already ported Doom to SC2....so now the two things you like are in the same place ahahaha

Doom SC2 Map

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by W3RLIED2
As much as i truly enjoy SC, it is not the best game ever.

Call me oldschool, call me lame, call me dated. BUT, all i have to say is DOOM.

GET SOME

This game never gets old, and if you get enough guys, the multiplayer lan parties are epic.

Yea,Doom was and still is great!
But if we're going to talk doom we can't forget Wolfenstein 3d.
One of the first FPS(first person shooter) games to really play well on pc.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Woot, Wolfenstein rocks too!

What about old console games? Ever had a go with Kickles cubicle?

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

Fallout is a great game too.
I played the crap out of my "fallout 3 game of the year ."
Tho,that was on my 360.
I've never tried fallout on pc.

Spike Spiegle

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
i recently bought starcraft again..after playing it 13 years ago.....it's still great and one of the best ever....still on the original game...haven't played brood war yet

Of course, the game i have spent the most time playing has to be Civilization.....all of them
edit on 21-7-2011 by BadBoYeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Spike Spiegle

That's one great game. Right now I'm playing the original Ghost Recon on the elite setting.

Next up Far Cry.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Hands down, for me anyway, Fallout 3 and New Vegas... after some mods of course.

You havn't really played Fallout 3 until you play it with the Capitol Wasteland in a nuclear winter with snowstorms, hunted by Talon company cyborgs, and FEV horror supermutants while you are armed with the latest hardware that FN, Barrett and HK can offer.

For New Vegas, there are mods that can make it a classic Fallout experience, classic weapons, interface, pipboy, armor, etc. Its almost like Van Buren reborn.

I have yet to see any other game that has this kind of customization, heck if I want Terminators, Predators, Aliens and zombies in my Fallout, the mods are out there and thats just a small sample. There are literally thousands of mods that change everything from the graphics, mechanics, AI, etc. Its simply amazing and yes there are Starcraft mods.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
starcraft is in the top 3 for sure. Best though was Starsiege Tribes, best game ever.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Starcraft (with Broodwar) is the single most played game of my life. I've put more hours into that game than any other... with a close second being The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind.

Both of those games have taken their fair share of my time here on planet Earth and I was happy to let them have it.

top topics

join