It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shocking Verses from the Bible

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

For a short while I'll digress together with you.

You wrote:

["Do you ever say any thing worth a crap ?"]

Depends on the perspective of the reciever.

Quote: ["Must you live in constent critique?]

Not MUST. It's a choice, and mostly in context with christian missionaries or wives.

Quote: ["Nothing but constent negativity is one of the things the Bible could help you with Bog."]

That sounds likely, as it's apparant in the bible, that you can kill opposition just like that, and thus get rid of the source provoking negativity.

Quote: ["Other wise your soul will rot."]

No worries. I don't have one.

Quote: ["Try some chicken soup for the soul or somethiong."]

I've been a vegetarian for 45 years.

Quote: ["They Bible is a cure for lonliness."]

I love being alone. Why should I cure it?

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I feel like this thread was ruined because of the massive bible literature posted all over. Get out of here with that garbage. This thread was overrun by Jehovah Witnesses.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bokaforo
Then he went up from there to Bethel; and as he was going up the road, some youths came from the city and mocked him, and said to him, “Go up, you baldhead! Go up, you baldhead!” So he turned around and looked at them, and pronounced a curse on them in the name of the LORD. And two female bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the youths.
2 Kings 2:23-24

No one whose testicles are crushed or whose male organ is cut off shall enter the assembly of the Lord.
Deuteronomy 23:1

Then Judah said to Onan, “Go in to your brother’s wife, and perform your duty as a brother-in-law to her, and raise up offspring for your brother.” Onan knew that the offspring would not be his; so when he went in to his brother’s wife, he wasted his seed on the ground in order not to give offspring to his brother. But what he did was displeasing in the sight of the LORD; so He took his life also.

Genesis 38:8-10

Then Saul said, “Thus shall you say to David, ‘The king desires no bride-price except a hundred foreskins of the Philistines, that he may be avenged of the king’s enemies.’” Now Saul thought to make David fall by the hand of the Philistines. And when his servants told David these words, it pleased David well to be the king’s son-in-law. Before the time had expired, David arose and went, along with his men, and killed two hundred of the Philistines. And David brought their foreskins, which were given in full number to the king, that he might become the king’s son-in-law. And Saul gave him his daughter Michal for a wife.

Samuel 18:25-27

Yet she increased her prostitution, remembering the days of her youth when she engaged in prostitution in the land of Egypt. She lusted after their genitals as large as those of donkeys, and their seminal emission was as strong as that of stallions.

Ezekiel 23:19-20

If two men, a man and his countryman, are struggling together, and the wife of one comes near to deliver her husband from the hand of the one who is striking him, and puts out her hand and seizes his genitals, then you shall cut off her hand; you shall not show pity.

Deuteronomy 25:11-12

These are just a few I came across. Are there any preachers out there preaching this stuff. Some of these verses are hard to interpret. I am sure there are more verses as vulgar as these. Just don't have anymore time to indulge myself into the bible. I am not a Christian.

OmG!!!

Im shocked....

edit on 21-7-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

I feel like this thread was ruined because of the massive bible literature posted all over. Get out of here with that garbage. This thread was overrun by Jehovah Witnesses.
Big huge posts, and what is that all about unless it is spam.
No one could sit there and write all that as responses to other people and coming up with it on the fly, so to speak.
It looks like pasted on from a web site or something someone pasted together and made a document out of.
When I see that, I quickly scroll past it and try not to look at it closely enough to be able to actually read any of it.
edit on 21-7-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Oh Goodie, i think i'll add a few, I had no idea just how Perverted the Bible really was, wow this is just like a written script from one of those TV Reality Shows, or worse, Jerry Springer!

Some small boys came out of the city and jeered at [the prophet Elisha], saying, "Go up, you baldhead! Go up, you baldhead!" And ... he cursed them in the name of the Lord. And two she-bears came out of the woods and tore forty-two of the boys.
-- II Kings 2:23-24

Jephthah made a vow to the Lord: "If you give the Ammonites into my hands, whatever comes out of the door of my house to meet me when I return ... will be the Lord's, and I will sacrifice it as a burnt offering." ... and the Lord gave them into his hands.... When Jephthah returned to his home..., who should come out to meet him but his daughter, dancing to the sound of tambourines! And he did to her as he had vowed. And she was a virgin.
-- Judges 11:30-32, 34, 39

If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son ... Then shall his father and his mother ... bring him out unto the elders of his city ... And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die.
-- Deuteronomy 21:18-21

But the book of Hosea takes the cake. Hosea was commanded to marry a prostitute. And he did.

And then there's the Quran..

The Quran in Sura 4:34 says:

4:34 . . . If you fear highhandedness from your wives, remind them [of the teaching of God], then ignore them when you go to bed, then hit them. If they obey you, you have no right to act against them. God is most high and great.

Koran Verses
1. Say: It has been revealed to me that a company of Jinns
listened [to the Koran] They said, we have really heard a
wonderful Recital!
NOTE: btw Jinn are Demons.Advanced Learners Dictionary of Current English defined jinns to be
genies or goblins - mischievous demons - ugly looking evil spirits. The
Bible defines demons as angels who followed Satan in his rebellion
against God:

5 or 6 Verses amongst Thousands if not Millions.. Something ain't right about Religion now is it.?

edit on 21-7-2011 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-7-2011 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
The word Matrix also appears in the Bible.

there are 4 here is 1:

Exd 34:19 All that openeth 6363 the matrix 7358 [is] mine; and every firstling 6363 among thy cattle 4735, [whether] ox 7794 or sheep 7716, [that is male 2142].

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   

If the will, interest, attention and energy exist, it's usually possible to redirect a thread. It's just like a party, where there often is a small group sitting all through it and into late night with a constant 'flow', which eventually will attract other guests.

Here's my contribution:

Using terms from contemporary knowledge-seeking, I can see the total incompetence of the 'hard-science' travesty of genesis 1 and all the supportive 'systematic methdodology' crutches (pseudo-psychology, pseudo-philosophy, pseudo- ethics) necessary to give genesis 2 and 3 some twisted 'soft science' justification, as an extension of mankind's love of narration. Filling knowledge-gaps with stories and speculations.

I can also see a reflection of mankind's sometimes reptile-brain behaviour in the power- and territorial fights recurring throughout OT.

But my personal repulsion for OT centers especially on the point of its alleged 'god' being 'pleased' by the stench of fresh blood or the smoke from burned sentient beings. What on earth would an alleged creator of cosmos want that for?

To resort to contemporary terms again, such an entity as Jahveh (if it exists at all) finding such 'pleasing' leads directly to the idea, that what's described here is a being feeding on 'bio-energy'; in other words a predator.

I'm a 'moral vegetarian' .... type buddhist ethics.... but I'm not sanctimonious or preachy about it. Predation is so overwhelmingly common, that it would be fighting windmills to mission against it (and in any case missioning is overrated and creates more problems than solutions), but to promote a simple non-corporeal predator to trans-cosmic 'god'-status is something so insane, that it only can be ascribed to manipulative orchestration.

The prey actually worshipping its predator. Dearie, dearie me.

Those familiar with the bible can find the corresponding texts, if it's deemed important.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by bogomil

Here's my contribution:

Using terms from contemporary knowledge-seeking, I can see the total incompetence of the 'hard-science' travesty of genesis 1 and all the supportive 'systematic methdodology' crutches (pseudo-psychology, pseudo-philosophy, pseudo- ethics) necessary to give genesis 2 and 3 some twisted 'soft science' justification, as an extension of mankind's love of narration. Filling knowledge-gaps with stories and speculations.

I can also see a reflection of mankind's sometimes reptile-brain behaviour in the power- and territorial fights recurring throughout OT.

But my personal repulsion for OT centers especially on the point of its alleged 'god' being 'pleased' by the stench of fresh blood or the smoke from burned sentient beings. What on earth would an alleged creator of cosmos want that for?

To resort to contemporary terms again, such an entity as Jahveh (if it exists at all) finding such 'pleasing' leads directly to the idea, that what's described here is a being feeding on 'bio-energy'; in other words a predator.

I'm a 'moral vegetarian' .... type buddhist ethics.... but I'm not sanctimonious or preachy about it. Predation is so overwhelmingly common, that it would be fighting windmills to mission against it (and in any case missioning is overrated and creates more problems than solutions), but to promote a simple non-corporeal predator to trans-cosmic 'god'-status is something so insane, that it only can be ascribed to manipulative orchestration.

The prey actually worshipping its predator. Dearie, dearie me.

Those familiar with the bible can find the corresponding texts, if it's deemed important.

This was really well stated, that is exactly what is occuring where you mention the prey worshipping it's energy sucking predator God. That was Spot on.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by tinfoilman

So much dancing around, and mincing words and yet you actually agree with me in a way that the Bible was not (at least in its entirety by your estimation) written by an omnipotent being, but merely fallible, violent, vicious, hateful, petty man. I will make a thread with my arguments so that you can come over there and give more credibility to what I've stated with your attempt to contradict me. I'll PM you when I have it done so that you can be an excellent demonstration of how Christians defend the actions of genocide and rape.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
yes we should HONESTLY be concerned about the roots of violence, death, blood-shed, genocide, murder, persecution etc. and who it comes from

interesting what some "men" have written in this thread, how about these "man" writings?-

55 million, Second World War (20C); 40 million, under Mao Zedong (20C); 40 million, Mongol Conquests(13C); 36 million, An Lushan Revolt(8C); 25 million, Fall of the Ming Dynasty(17C); 20 million, Taiping Rebellion(19C); 20 million, toll of American Indians, (15C-19C), 20 million, under Joseph Stalin(20C); 19 million, Mideast Slave Trade(7C-19C); 18 million, Atlantic Slave Trade(15C-); 17 million, Islamic Conquest of India(14C-15C); 17 million, British India(19C); 15 million, First World War(20C); 9 million, Russian Civil War(20C); 9 million, Hindu Thuggee cult killings(13C-19C); 8 million, Fall of Rome(3C-5C); 8 million, Congo Free State(19C – 20C); 7 million, Thirty Years War(17C); 5 million, Russia's Time of Troubles(16C-17C), 4 million, Napoleonic Wars(19C); 3 million, Chinese Civil War(20C); 3 million, French Wars of Religion(16C).

Taken all together, we have 401 million deaths over nearly 2000 years of war and barbarism. Just for the sake of argument, let’s add another 10%, or 40 million, to cover margins of error, and other wars. This would bring our total to 441 million deaths over the last 20 centuries.

Now, what about abortion? At the low end of the Guttmacher scale, even if we ignore all abortions done prior to 1980 when accurate numbers are a little more difficult to ascertain, abortion accounts for more than twice the number of deaths by war! In just the last 25 years, the ghastly toll for abortion has totaled over 900 million dead babies. Taking the more probable mean average, the toll rises to well over 1 billion babies; or nearly three times the amount of deaths due to war.www.covenantnews.com...

The Soviet Union was the first state to have as an ideological objective the elimination of religion. Toward that end, the Communist regime confiscated church property, ridiculed religion, harassed believers, and propagated ATHEISM in the schools. Actions toward particular religions, however, were determined by State interests, and most organized religions were never outlawed. It is estimated that 21 million Russian Orthodox Christians were martyred in the gulags by the Soviet government, not including torture or other Christian denominations killed.

The worst genocides of the 20th Century
Mao Ze-Dong (China, 1958-61 and 1966-69, Tibet 1949-50) 49-78,000,000
Jozef Stalin (USSR, 1932-39) 23,000,000 (the purges plus Ukraine's famine)
Adolf Hitler (Germany, 1939-1945) 12,000,000 (concentration camps and civilians WWII)
Leopold II of Belgium (Congo, 1886-1908) 8,000,000
Hideki Tojo (Japan, 1941-44) 5,000,000 (civilians in WWII)
Ismail Enver (Turkey, 1915-20) 1,200,000 Armenians (1915) + 350,000 Greek Pontians and 480,000 Anatolian Greeks (1916-22) + 500,000 Assyrians (1915-20)
Pol Pot (Cambodia, 1975-79) 1,700,000
Kim Il Sung (North Korea, 1948-94) 1.6 million (purges and concentration camps)
Menghistu (Ethiopia, 1975-78) 1,500,000
Yakubu Gowon (Biafra, 1967-1970) 1,000,000
Leonid Brezhnev (Afghanistan, 1979-1982) 900,000
Jean Kambanda (Rwanda, 1994) 800,000
Suharto (East Timor, West Papua, Communists, 1966-98) 800,000
Saddam Hussein (Iran 1980-1990 and Kurdistan 1987-88) 600,000
Tito (Yugoslavia, 1945-1987) 570,000
Fumimaro Konoe (Japan, 1937-39) 500,000? (Chinese civilians)
Jonas Savimbi (Angola, 1975-2002) 400,000
Mullah Omar - Taliban (Afghanistan, 1986-2001) 400,000
Idi Amin (Uganda, 1969-1979) 300,000
Yahya Khan (Pakistan, 1970-71) 300,000 (Bangladesh)
Benito Mussolini (Ethiopia, 1936; Libya, 1934-45; Yugoslavia, WWII) 300,000
Mobutu Sese Seko (Zaire, 1965-97) ?
Charles Taylor (Liberia, 1989-1996) 220,000
Foday Sankoh (Sierra Leone, 1991-2000) 200,000
Ho Chi Min (Vietnam, 1953-56) 200,000
Michel Micombero (Burundi, 1972) 150,000
Slobodan Milosevic (Yugoslavia, 1992-99) 100,000
Hassan Turabi (Sudan, 1989-1999) 100,000
www.scaruffi.com...

Wars
www.scaruffi.com...

CHRISTIANS – THE MOST PERSECUTED PEOPLE GROUP ON EARTH
By Anthony Browne, Europe correspondent of the Times.

Rising nationalism and fundamentalism around the world have meant that Christianity is going back to its roots as the religion of the persecuted. There are now more than 300 million Christians who are either threatened with violence or legally discriminated against simply because of their faith — more than any other religion. Christians are no longer, as far as I am aware, thrown to the lions. But from China, North Korea and Malaysia, through India, Pakistan and Sri Lanka to Egypt, Saudi Arabia and Turkey, they are subjected to legalised discrimination, violence, imprisonment, relocation and forced conversion. Even in supposedly Christian Europe, Christianity has become the most mocked religion, its followers treated with public suspicion and derision.
scottthong.wordpress.com...

hated by many nations? if they hated me first?

when looking into scriptures it should be understood there are two covenants, one was from Mt. Sinai (Galatians 4)

edit on 22-7-2011 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Rustami

I am one of those, who early acknowledged, that the christianities aren't alone in performing atrocities, so I have no objections to the numbers you have presented.

Actually I am glad you did it, because these numbers (once more) prove my thesis, that the REAL enemy is the small part of mankind, which ......with sociopathic mindsets and representing an extremist faction with fascist and elitist ambitions of some ideology or other .......... want elististic exclusivity/privileges or monopoly.

Though the christianities aren't amongst those producing the highest numbers of genocide etc (though the christian examples of theocratic-like societies took quite a toll percentually for that period) they have been and still are amongst the ideologies, which contains factions that in deed and doctrine are in the frontline on the fascist ideology market.

And it's no excuse to say: "They did it also" about competitors.

As to the 'christian persecution' complex, it's not a problem for those christians, who live in egalitarian, liberal, secualar democracy. They have the same right and obligations as everybody else. It's only the faction of christians, who want extra-parliamentary influence, who has a problem, and they use the 'christian persecution'-complex as a tactical gambit, thus actually creating a reason to dislike them.

All this said, this doesn't change that the character Jahveh from OT (as he's described) emerges as a 'god'-pretending parasitic demon, and that enough places in OT openly propagandize for submission to his brutal ways.

Rustami, imo it's very naive to believe, that the whole complex and elaborate set of 'explanations' and 'excuses' for the bible-conglomorate presents anything, which can make it acceptable. The twisted truths and the still invasive attitudes speak for themselves.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Bokaforo

I bet you watch TV and are never shocked at what is displayed before the youth and your self as entertainment.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Bokaforo

Deuteronomy 23:1 for the win! lmao

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

You posted it.. You got to deal with ALL of the masses. Them's the breaks. Welcome to ATS.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by theRhenn

Oh well. I think I got what I needed here. Plus some garbage.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join