It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hollywood Republicans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
www.zimbio.com...

Since I've been working in the film industry for the last 4 years; I have found that the stereotype of most people in the entertainment industry being liberals is a gross generalization. It seems that the higher up the pay scale you go, the more conservative you get. But even among us "bottom feeders" [extras and crew], I sense a change in attitude and swing to the right.

Britteny Spears is a Republican!! Why am I not surprised?
edit on 20-7-2011 by whaaa because: can't spell worth ****

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Isnt Drew Carrey a Libertarian?

Kind of a stretch to put somebody like Carrey in the same group as gun grabbing Brady supporter Stallone.

Didnt see Brady loving AWB pushing Arnold on that list either.

NVM, he's #13.
edit on 20-7-2011 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I hardly believe Adam Sandler is a republican. Especially after hearing the anti-gun commentary in You Don't Mess with the Zohan. TGRH, Arnold was #13.
edit on 20-7-2011 by Protostellar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Mel Gibson...now there's a piece of work.

www.radaronline.com...

I met him on set once and he seemed perfectly normal.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Protostellar

Yup, there he is. Dont know how I missed that.

I wonder what the common thread in those people is that makes them (R)'s.

The list has everything from ditzy airheads, to coc aine addicted party boys, to hardline stereotypical "man" types, to free will for all libertarian types (at least one), to racist police state pushing gun grabbing types.

I guess that's the "big tent"?

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
I met him on set once and he seemed perfectly normal.

I'm guessing that you're not Jewish, then.

Seriously though, I've often felt that the left-leaning slant which is associated with those in Hollywood may be grossly exaggerated by peer-pressure and social proof within that community.

While many of the acclaimed and influential directors, writers, producers and song-writers may be genuinely liberal, it doesn't make too much sense that actors, singers, crewmen/women and others would necessarily have this same political leaning, unless they adopt it to fit in with the general social expectations of their environment.

The most successful Hollywood performers, who espouse liberal ideology, still live in gated-communities of $5 million+ mansions and have a fleet of cars of similarly eye-watering expense - so most of these performers are actually hypocrites.

I don't go in for partisan politics, nor the left/right nonsense, and my comments aren't motivated by a need to attack any particular wing/ideology, just an observation on the general attention-seeking and hypocritical political utterings which often arise from multi-millionaire Hollyweird ''stars''.

edit on 20-7-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

top topics

join