It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three engines, 13 railcars derail near Great Falls

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Three engines, 13 railcars derail near Great Falls

www.greatfallstribune.com

"Something happened that caused the engineers to feel like they needed to lock up their brakes," he said. "They put it to the floorboards and curled it (the train) up in a ball," he said, flanked by the derailed engines and cars, including several that were on their sides and spilling gray powd

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b6fd90a32867.jpg[/atsimg]

The front engine in a 110-car train struck a parked maintenance train along a rail side line on Gerber Road southeast of Great Falls on Tuesday night. PHOTO COURTESY OF RICHARD ROOF
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
This happened right near my house its actually one of two ways to get to town for me so hopefully i can get some pics not sure how much they have closed off it might be better to ride my dirtbike down there.

anyway this was a pretty spectacular sound we were in the middle of a thunder storm when it happened and i could tell it wasn't thunder... sounded like a train crashing LOL twisted metal and screeching brakes... glad no one is hurt.

lol maybe later I can show ya''ll a montana traffic jam...

www.greatfallstribune.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
from MT? hows FT peck, i heard that # is gonna blow soon, actually ive been hearing all sorts of weird disastors and predictions about Montana, any you know of?

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Thats great rain in Montana.
Hope more is on for the rest of the country.

No UFOs involved they just got that levitating feeling of unrest.
Thanks for posting.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
the water has gone down about 5' at the river near me I am downstream from Ft peck so I would think their water levels are going down aswell.

we justgot hit with some good rain last night, not enough to raise it but if it stays at this level into the Aug rainy season then next year we will ave to watch the spring thaw and floods... the last two years the water level has gotten higher and higher.

now on topic...
I tried to drive by the scene but all 4 of the roads leading to it. are closed within 3 miles of it so even zooming in with the camera did nothing, there are about 50 rail cars that looked jackknifed or jammed together in both directions and a ton of dust from the equipment and crew trying to clean it up.

I will try to go after hours and take a closer look but im sure they are going to be working on this 24hrs until the road is open again by tomorrow they are thinking.

top topics

join