It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fish kill in Texas blamed on lack of oxygen due to algae.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
ireport.cnn.com...

did a search but didnt find anything yet on this!

League City’s South Shore Harbour Marina, the Kemah Boardwalk area and part of Dickinson Bayou, were covered with thousands of dead fish this weekend.Early Saturday morning South Shore Harbour residents in League City, TX, noticed dead shad, carp, flounder and crabs in their marina waters.

JoyceJo sent us these images of thousands of dead fish from League City, TX. The images were taken on Saturday, July 16. She tells CNN, 'I couldn't figure out what it was and then someone told me it was fish. I called Texas Parks and Wildlife and they told me they would send a marine biologist to take a look. I called them back Sunday and they explained what was happening.'

According to the Galveston Daily News, out of Galveston Texas, Texas Parks and Wildlife Marine Biologist, William Denton, said that fish die because of a lack of oxygen, caused by an overabundance of algae, which produce oxygen when it’s sunny. Clouds came following Saturday’s long-awaited rains, in the drought-stricken area, shutting down the algae and the shad quickly became oxygen-starved.Some bodies of water, like Dickinson Bayou have naturally low levels of dissolved oxygen and the six- month-long heat wave worsened the conditions, because, warm water holds less oxygen than cold.

so what do all my best friends at ATS think!!??

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Sounds pretty straight forward to me. Its a delicate ecosystem and fish are very fragile to changes.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I think there has been a lot of silence regarding this issue. It has a long history but people do not go into specifics often when talking about the ecosystem.

Instead, it is always, global warming this, and climate change that.....

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I live in Bama and I know that the lakes here are clogged with the stuff. One of them in my neighborhood is completely covered from one shore to the other.

People used to fish in them but now they've stopped. That could be from the heat, but I'm guessing if the fish aren't biting, or if you can't get your hook INTO the water, you wouldn't go fishing haha.

Sounds completely normal for a dry, southern summer.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by olliemc84

well put!
having family in the are and hearing of things like these often i assumed the sheer size of this die off over the past two weeks was a little interesting

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Based on this event, plus many others lately, I would say that Christian Prophecy is coming true yet once again:

Hosea 4:1-3(KJV)
1Hear the word of the LORD, ye children of Israel: for the LORD hath a controversy with the inhabitants of the land, because there is no truth, nor mercy, nor knowledge of God in the land.
2By swearing, and lying, and killing, and stealing, and committing adultery, they break out, and blood toucheth blood.
3Therefore shall the land mourn, and every one that dwelleth therein shall languish, with the beasts of the field, and with the fowls of heaven; yea, the fishes of the sea also shall be taken away.

And for those who do not know about all of the animals that are dying mysteriously worldwide, here is a link. The web page is updated quite often. In fact, it was updated just today:

www.remnantofgod.org...

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by isthisreallife

had family members saying the same on the phone, im glad your here to back them up!!

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I'm leaning the oil spill and BP myself.I have been searching mass animal deaths for a while, haven't seen this report.At least they didn't go with blunt force trauma.Are the background of these fish known to closer to shore this time of year? I'm going blue fishing to N.J., in a week, wrong time, but going for a friend .
Just some thoughts to research for fish timetables and fishing to add or discount from the deaths.
With this heat, I wouldn't rule it out, even look for industries close to that area that may have had a leak of sorts.
edit on 7/19/2011 by mugger because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/19/2011 by mugger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Yea we have all these animal die-offs around the globe but there is absolutely no way they are linked. Are you really that blind? I'm sure you will also say all the oil and corexit that was spilled into the gulf is great for marine life. Its really frustrating to see how effective the TPTB are at dumbing down the population. When people are slack jawed enough to say or accept a statement like that and think nothing of it, we truly have fallen as a society. People that actually think for themselves are now a great and rare commodity and as you can see, the majority here and everywhere else do not and believe whatever they are told.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I live in northern alberta...3000 miles north...plenty of lakes here become "dead"...due to algea and shallow water.

it happens.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Fishing in the gulf has sucked for the last 3 years! (after hurricane IKE)

It's not just gulf fishing... fresh water lakes have also been very poor fishing spots for the last 3 years!
Hunting has also been very bad for the last three years.

I think that the Chinese might be controlling the weather here!

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by wrathchild

never said it didnt, nor did insinuate anything "sinister"

for the record i simply find this interesting, i apologize if anybody finds my title misleading or offensive, simply thought this would be a better post rather than a jesus watermark on a receipt or a 2.3 mag earthquake in new guinea, excuse me PLEASE.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by hxc408

Yea we have all these animal die-offs around the globe but there is absolutely no way they are linked. Are you really that blind? I'm sure you will also say all the oil and corexit that was spilled into the gulf is great for marine life. Its really frustrating to see how effective the TPTB are at dumbing down the population. When people are slack jawed enough to say or accept a statement like that and think nothing of it, we truly have fallen as a society. People that actually think for themselves are now a great and rare commodity and as you can see, the majority here and everywhere else do not and believe whatever they are told.

Wow all I say is that the ecosystem is fragile and all of a sudden I am blind. There are fish/animal die offs all over the world due to all sorts of different processes. For you to blame the BP oil spill on all of them is pretty ridiculous. And for the dumbing down comment I say # YOU! I don't watch CNN, MSNBC, FOX News or the countless other MSM sources that hand out dumbed down news. So I don't know where you get your information from.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I live in NY and have fished and hunted my whole life. My favorite place to fish is Lake Champlain, and there has been very little to no fishing being done because of massive flooding and fish die offs. Is that BP's fault too???

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

i never blamed this on anyone or anything besides nature

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

I live in NY and have fished and hunted my whole life. My favorite place to fish is Lake Champlain, and there has been very little to no fishing being done because of massive flooding and fish die offs. Is that BP's fault too???

YES!!!

BP has Reptilian operatives within the U.S. Fish & Game, The National Park Service, and even the Boy Scouts of America!

DO NOT EAT ANY FISH OR FOWL YOU MAY CATCH!

Captain D's or Long John Silver's is the only place where you can find trustworthy seafood.

edit on 19-7-2011 by tvtexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by tvtexan

you forgot the part about the illuminati, the vatican and da vinci

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   

I did not say the Oil spill was responsible for all the die-offs but because the one being discussed here was in Texas, I would certainly believe that, if not some other undisclosed reason, is a strong factor behind it. And I spoke about the dumbed down/msm population because your response led me to believe that you think it is just another environmental coincidence however not at all related to any man made factor, which is the cause for all the recent die-offs worldwide. Which is exactly what the majority of our fluoridated US population would believe, seeing as they do not have the mental capacity to connect any dots. Sad but true.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by POPtheKlEEN89
reply to post by tvtexan

you forgot the part about the illuminati, the vatican and da vinci

I know, it's just that they are so busy with the EU, Greece, Bohemian Grove, and Elenin that they have forgot about BP and the gulf coast!

What will really freak you out is what they have forgotten about from over 20 years ago!

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by tvtexan

yea thank god for domestic coral farmers!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join