It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If I were running for President

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
My platform would be ban all foreign trade immedietely.Stop all foreign aid immediately.Cut federal spending by 90 percent.Tell walmart to go screw themselves because we no longer deal with china, but we will pay you back very quickly.We will pay all our debts back quickly.We will sit down asap and vote electronically on how we plan to do so.Our country can vote via computer so everyone gets to vote.We will not allow non residents to vote.We will build huge factories to build these computers so that that every united states citizen can vote.I am sorry china, you wont profit from this, only your egg foo young sales will profit under my administration.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
i woudnt vote for youl for the simple fact

are you kidding voting electronically? hello? we already have voter fraud.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by brindle
My platform would be ban all foreign trade immedietely.Stop all foreign aid immediately.Cut federal spending by 90 percent.Tell walmart to go screw themselves because we no longer deal with china, but we will pay you back very quickly.We will pay all our debts back quickly.We will sit down asap and vote electronically on how we plan to do so.Our country can vote via computer so everyone gets to vote.We will not allow non residents to vote.We will build huge factories to build these computers so that that every united states citizen can vote.I am sorry china, you wont profit from this, only your egg foo young sales will profit under my administration.

Ban all foreign trade? This country wouldn't last a week. You do realize that this country runs on dunkin (oops...I mean oil). And most if not all of that oil comes from a foreign country. Now if you could make cars that run on dunkin, that would be something!

Right and groups like Anon and other hackers wouldn't immediately screw with your system of voting.

And how would you expect to pay back debts quickly? Where is all that money coming from?

Let the lawyers and businessmen run this country. You stay home and keep starring and flagging.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
We have more oil in the united states than we could burn in a thousand years.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
First of all, nobody would care to vote for you regardless of what your dream and good intention for the citizen are or what you represent.....well unless you have alot of money, I mean a lot of them, and a good campaign advertise manager.

Second, you need good backing from either Dem or Rep party......running dependant just can't cut it.

Lastly, you will see even with the power vest in you by the people, you still cannot do things the way you like.....and you will realize that it is the system that corrupt as you helplessly try to fix it.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Your platform would've worked about....300 years ago. If that.

Nations cannot be completely autarkic. It's impossible. Look at North Korea. Every few years they have famines. Sure the Government is responsible, but nations need trade. Or they stagnate economically.

Plus, 90% cut in spending? Are you joking? Do you realize what would be left? Probably not enough to pay the yearly salaries for Congress and the White House. Maybe we could pay a soldier or two. That's it.

Your platform would bring this country into a Depression the likes of which we cannot even imagine.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by brindle

For One Thing I am running for president in 2024. There is no way we could survive without foreign trade...although I would make an attempt to increase exports while decreasing imports.

As for voting I will do what I can to get rid of state representatives and make it so the individual vote actually counts. As the system is now 70% percent of a state can vote one way but the state rep. can vote however he sees fit. It may not be a good policy for the rep but you still have to wait for the next election to replace him.

My political page can be found at www.facebook.com...#!/profile.php?id=100002500619007 Sorry I can't put a hyper-link in. Although I've been coming to ATS daily for the past 7 years I have little experience with posting until recently.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

We have more oil in the united states than we could burn in a thousand years.

HAHAHAHA where did you get that little tidbit of information? There is basically NO accessible oil fields in the on-shore United States. Its all off shore. And off shore drilling is not only risky but not cost effective. You would hemorrhage more money trying to suck it up out of the earth then you would from buying it overseas.

The world consumes approximately 87.5 million barrels of oil a day. The U.S. consumes 19 million barrels out of that 87.5 million a day.

The U.S. only produces about 9.8 million barrels a day.

The United States has roughly 727 million barrels in the reserve.

If you do the math our reserve alone would run out in 38 days. And 9.8 million barrels a day would mean we would be lining up down the street for DAYS waiting to put only 5 gallons of gas in our car.

Do more research.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
So far I'm leaning towards fuzzy0087...sorry brindle.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
I find it interesting that whenever people complain about government spending, they usually list foreign aid as the first item that needs to be cut. I wonder how many people are aware that foreign aid represents approx. 0.3% of our federal budget - that's one third of one percent. It's like sitting at your kitchen and realizing that you don't have the money for your $2,000 mortgage payment - and then deciding that the solution is to switch to a cheaper brand of pencils. Yes, I suppose that every little penny saved helps, but it certainly doesn't address a $2,000 shortfall. For those interested, here is the approximate expenditures of our federal government:

37% - Social Security and Medicare
23% - National defense, veterans affairs
20% - Social programs (such as food stamps, public health, unemployment compensation)
9% - Physical, human, and community development
8% - Net interest on national debt
2% - Law enforcement and general government
1% - Foreign affairs

* these are approximate numbers

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by brindle

You would collapse the nation in as little as 6 months.

We need foreign trade, we need foreign goods and need our domestically produced goods to be sold there as well. I would ban all electronic voting and make it a chequebox system on a sheet of paper, sign in, get a paper, detatch on side (that is your receipt which you take home) and take the other side with a pen or a pencil cheque your choice, place in a lock box. No more hanging chads or unreadable cards, either that or have a stamp and an ink pad so that no fraud can occur.

If you cut spending 90% that alone would severely shut down and hinder revenue as Gov't taxes need to get raised on the rich, all corporations and lower the taxes on any family making less then $100,000 combined a year.

edit on 20-7-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Monica LEWINSKY WOULD BE MY PERSONAL ASSISTANT.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by brindle

If you saw her today you'd change your mind right quick.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
you would be living the dream of being another scumbag.

is that your dream?

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by guessing
you would be living the dream of being another scumbag.

is that your dream?
Bill Clinton was a fine man,Monica Lewinsky was a skilled aide if you know what I mean.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by brindle

Cool, always good to aspire to something

go for it....

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   

reply to post by brindle

go for it....
You too,keep up the good work at taco bell.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Now everyone,imagine this scenario...Mamabeth running for president!
I already know how to spend other peoples' money,my husband can
confirm this.
I would close the southern borders and deport any illegals back to their
country of origin.I have a russian daughter-in-law I wouldn't hesitate to
put on the next plane back to russia.
If the southern states want to be independant from the rest of the U.S.,
I say go for it.The south shall rise again!I am of a mixed heritage...my
mama is a yankee and my daddy is a rebel.
How am I doing so far?

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

reply to post by brindle

go for it....
You too,keep up the good work at taco bell.

Next time you come in I will make you a 'special' taco....

Only fit for el presidente

new topics

top topics

join