It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Perhapes the best Flag the United States has to offer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
The united states currently has 50 states and each of which waving its own flag. When i look through these flags one always catches my eye...

Behold, the great Virginian flag. Why does it always catch my eye? Its just so special to me, it seems to be everything i live for. Justice, Denial of Control, and Fighting back.

You'll notice the phrase "Sic Semper Tyrannis" running along the bottom, its my favorite part of all.
What is Sic semper tyrannis you might ask? Well it translates from latin to "Thus Always to Tyrants," Basically saying "This is what happens to Tyrants." If i would ever start a rebellion, this would by far be my flag of choice. To show the enemy what will happen, to get my people excited seeing out flag waving, showing us stomping on the global elite, Seeing the royal drown on the ground while Wielding a spear and sword.

Its just plan Epic.

Some other interesting facts about the phrase -
The phrase is attributed to Marcus Junius Brutus, the most famous figure in the assassination of Julius Caesar on March 15, 44 BC; however, it is more probably a later dramatic invention, as Roman historians of the period did not record it. In American history, John Wilkes Booth shouted the phrase after shooting President Abraham Lincoln on April 14, 1865, in part because of the association with the assassination of Caesar. Timothy McVeigh was wearing a T-shirt with this phrase and a picture of Lincoln on it when he was arrested on April 19, 1995, the day of the Oklahoma City bombing. -Sauce

By the way if someone can embed my image, that would be cool.

edit on 19-7-2011 by doom27 because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-7-2011 by doom27 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Here you are:

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
ha! thanks for the post, love the flag! i haven't seen it before

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
"This is what we do to tyrants around here..."

neighbor Maryland's flag is colorful and distinctive

top topics

join