It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Justice Department trying to shield officials in guns scandal, ATF chief says

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Justice Department trying to shield officials in guns scandal, ATF chief says

www.latimes.com

The Justice Department is trying to protect its political appointees from the Fast and Furious scandal by concealing an internal "smoking gun" report and other documents that acknowledge the role top officials played in the program that allowed firearms to flow illegally into Mexico, according to the head of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.foxnews.com

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I've combed threw all these stories and this is what caught my attention... taken from a closed door statement made a month ago and only just now released...

Melson has these comments to make.

"I read through those and found ROIs (reports of investigation) that indeed suggested that interdiction could have occurred, and probably should have occurred, but did not occur," Melson said.
Field agents have already testafied that repetedly they were ordered to stand down and not aresst these straw buyers... but who gave that standdown order??

Melson said the ATF gave the reports about the failure to interdict guns in that instance to Justice Department superiors "because to me that was a smoking gun" and "we really needed to look at the rest of this particular case."

So justice knew all along
Melson also provided some support for complaints by Grassley and Issa that the Justice Department has been slow in producing documents the lawmakers have demanded.

"I think they were doing more damage control than anything" at the Justice Department, Melson said, according to one of the excerpts in the letter from Grassley and Issa to Holder.

In his statements to congressional investigators, Melson also said he understood that some potential defendants in the investigation may not be indictable because they are working as informants with other government agencies. Melson said he raised the issue with the deputy attorney general and with the Justice Department's inspector general.

what they failed to report on is just who are these political appointees potential defendants???

the plot thickens

www.latimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 19-7-2011 by DaddyBare because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
no they shouldnt the buck stops with holder and obama both of them should be rotting in a mexican jail.

those other officials while they were duplicitous "Were following orders" and most likely were threaten to do so.

wanna keep your job do what we tell you! they are the government and thats one enemy no american wants to have.

they circumvented the law because they are the law and now everyone will have to pay for it.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Business as usual in my opinion. No significant heads will roll because they all have eachothers backs, if anyone takes the fall I imagine it will be some peon.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
For an organization such as the D.O.J., which has a centralized doctrine that demands full accountability - I find this GOD DAMNED guessing game of 'who dun it' an Act of Treason against the American government, an Act of Treason against the American people, and an Act of War against the people of Mexico.

They know exactly who is responsible. But hey... if the D.O.J. is criminal, who is left to judge it?

WORLD COURT... that's who.

But no one ever approaches it because - even though the U.S. is signatory to its charter, everyone is afraid it'll set legal precedents that will give the U.N. more jurisdictional power and authority over American Sovereignty...

DOOHHH!

Isn't that what this is all about? CRIMINALIZE the American government until America has no other option?

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
These three letter agencies fighting could bring some real results.

ATF accusing the DoJ, DoJ blames the ATF ... Political appointees?

Obviously there is too much corruption all around here, we need the INTERPOL to conduct an investigation here and have the guilty parties brought to an international court of law, and if found guilty hand them all over to the Mexicans for punishment.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
NO heads ever roll over things like this. Nothing will come of it. Just watch kardashian will make a sex tape with bieber and all of america will forget. Thats all it is just something to spin your head so many crazy ways you dont know who or what to believe. Change comes from the masses not the minority

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I wonder if Congress has the ability to prosecute in these matters? I also wonder if a Supreme Court Justice could be appointed as overseer to the proceedings? An Impeachment of Holder and then Obama and anyone else involved would be under the ability of Congress!

Zindo

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

Simple fix... File charges against low level ATF supervisors on up the chain to the AG.

When we are done, and they ahve served out their prison time, extradite them to Mexico to face the charges there.

It should be the sme way every time an illegal immigrant commits a crime in this country. Any federal agency that si responsible for border, customs, illegal immigrants, deporting, etc should also be charged witht he same crime the illegal is charged with.

Maybe then the FEds would get off their asses and enforce the laws on the books, instead of wasting time making up new ones.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Heyyo_yoyo

For an organization such as the D.O.J., which has a centralized doctrine that demands full accountability - I find this GOD DAMNED guessing game of 'who dun it' an Act of Treason against the American government, an Act of Treason against the American people, and an Act of War against the people of Mexico. For an organization such as the D.O.J., which has a centralized doctrine that demands full accountability - I find this GOD DAMNED guessing game of 'who dun it' an Act of Treason against the American government, an Act of Treason against the American people, and an Act of War against the people of Mexico.

Well said, Heyyo.....

I couldn't agree more....

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Gotta love it when a left-wing 2nd amendment scheme backfires

In all seriousness though, I think that who ever authorized this ( please god let it be Holder ) Should be charged for the murder of that border patrol agent. Such an idiotic plan, since the cartels get the guns no matter what. after we tracked all the guns, then what? does ATF march into Mexico and arrest them??

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

Of course, Brer Bear!

Do I really need a second line to show that I agree with you?

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I got so busy yesterday I clean forgot about this thread...
now that I've read though your comments let me say...

Holder could never be charged with murder... aiding and abetting, accessory after the fact manslaughter...yes... capital murder...no...

secondly I would just love to see the Mexican government take action... If they ask to extradite Holder and or Obama I volunteer to be the one to cuff em drag em out of their cushy offices and hand them over to the Mexican embassy...

I may have have sworn an other to protect and serve but if these two (coughs) gentlemen did what we think... then they are clearly the All threats foreign and "Domestic" part of that oath
edit on 20-7-2011 by DaddyBare because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
You guys are quite the optimists!
I dont think anyone will have to answer for this. Maybe 1 big name will go down but come on now. I swear people dont pay attention to history. These people are elected officials(Obama and Holder) so what makes you think this will play out any different than any other scandal. You want someone to do something about these things, get up and do it.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by mindseye21

I disagree.. If the people place enough pressure on the Obama administration to holder Holder accountible, along with the ATF chief, it could happen.

It may not get them charged, but it would get them the heck out of their positions.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I know what your saying and I definitely agree that if people get behind something anything can happen. All Im trying to say is that is he not just going to be replaced with another puppet? Someone who's friends with someone in a position of power. Thats all politics and government is: An old boys club; set in their ways and refuse to go any other route. People can make a change but where are all these people?

reply to post by Xcathdra

top topics

join