It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is anyone here objectosexual or met an objectosexual?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Hey is anyone here an objectosexual and what do you think about it? I find this subject very interesting, especially since objectosexuality can only exist with a belief in animism otherwise it is just a fetish. Anyway, are you objectosexual or have you ever met one?

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I just watched an episode of Taboo about this topic. There was a woman who was in love with a particular wall. They also had a man who was in love with cars. He would apparently masturbate on top of his car while washing it. He was convinced that he had two-way relationships with his cars. Like, the squeaks and noises that happened while he washed the cars were actually the car's way of flirting with him and thanking him for the bath. Totally bizarre. I can't understand where this could come from. And, honestly, I have to wonder if those people are just making this stuff up.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by dave0davidson
I just watched an episode of Taboo about this topic. There was a woman who was in love with a particular wall. They also had a man who was in love with cars. He would apparently masturbate on top of his car while washing it. He was convinced that he had two-way relationships with his cars. Like, the squeaks and noises that happened while he washed the cars were actually the car's way of flirting with him and thanking him for the bath. Totally bizarre. I can't understand where this could come from. And, honestly, I have to wonder if those people are just making this stuff up.

I don't think they are making it up, in my opinion. I'm curious to actually see if there are any objectosexuals here or if anyone here actually knows or have met one - now THAT would be an interesting conversation.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
There's just so much going on here that I don't even know and it hurts my brain to try to wrap my brain around every little thing that could possibly be the cause of this.

The one thing ill throw out there that, that is the most obvious.

These objects can't reject you, these people will never be hurt or "dumped" by a bridge or whatever their object of choice may be, so there is a total safety within this kind of "love".
The object will always project the emotion they want it to.
Which may or may not be part of the reason for it.

Thanks for sharing, really interesting,

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
"Is anyone here objectosexual or met an objectosexual?" Nope. But I may know a few who loves to hoard junk. I wonder if they are the one and the same kinds of people that cannot seem to let go of inanimate objects.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
i think it has something to do with the way there brain is wired. just like some people see sounds or hear colors they may associate feelings with inanimate objects. i dont think they are delusional or in denile or lying. they probly have genuine feelings

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
my guitars.

way cool sexy objects.

but the wife is sexier.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
This just makes me sad.

I would like to know.... is there such a thing as an objectosexual who isn't severely traumatized or damaged in some way? Or is it the result of some terrible hurt they can't overcome?

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Very interesting. I've never heard of that before. When I think about it, as a kid I always thought that toys might have a soul. I didn't like to throw things around, because I felt like they too had feelings. In some crazy way sometimes I feel like my car has a soul, but I also believe that a lot of people think this way about certain objects in their lives.

It's an anthropomorphic thing, and probably inspired by cartoons and fantasy movies where objects like furniture and kitchen utensils come to life. The more I think about it, there more I believe that it's not unusual whatsoever. These people simply take it to the extreme. I've never felt a sexual attraction to objects, but I've seen people come close with cars, especially guys. Their car is "the other woman" who doesn't talk back.
They always talk about a car's "sexy" curves.

Another example might be blow-up dolls, and in the future maybe robots. Of course these two things at least resemble the human body, whereas a bridge doesn't. Definitely interesting. As another poster mentioned, objects can't reject you unless that's what you want them to do. Bizarre. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
In German Tv, there was a Guy, who was in Love with Trains..
Not the new ones, i mean the Old which drive with koks.
One time, the guy saw a Train on Tv and he was suddenly in Love..so he was looking for the Train and finnaly found "her"
He spend a night with "her"...
He made sex with...
sorry for my bad (d)english ^^

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Are not the people who love the REAL DOLL sex dolls in this same catagory?

Seems sick to me there as a Thread about this a while back.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
OH GOD NO I went over that bridge just a couple of weeks ago, I feel so unclean! Never going to Sydney again.

Did anyone else laugh as hard as I did when he went "ssshh" to the bridge?

In all seriousness though, what he says about "love" being a chemical imbalance sounds about right, and I guess that imbalance can be triggered by potentially anything, even bridges. It´s a fixation but it doesn´t necessarily mean it´s unhealthy, as long as the person is happy and not harming anyone.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Schkeptick
This just makes me sad.

I would like to know.... is there such a thing as an objectosexual who isn't severely traumatized or damaged in some way? Or is it the result of some terrible hurt they can't overcome?

I'm objectocurious, and I'm not traumatized or damaged....

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
i can't stop laughing.
Oh its hurts so much

I guess your interested in this stuff op i see another forum with this exact question being asked. Maybe you should start a site so all the objectosexual can meet and talk? just an idea
good luck with that

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Takes all kinds.
Never in all my years heard of someone carrying through when they said they loved their car bicycle, bridge, vibrator for sore muscles, etc...what ever inanimate object that really gave 'em goose bumps whenever they saw it or used it for the purposes intended, is an odd idea to me

I believe that many things have a "soul" that makes them unique....but it would be a personal choice for someone to "love"... actually commit an act of physicality...with whatever inanimate struck their fancy.

Again...if it doesn't hurt anyone...and is done in a responsible manner...people will do what they want to do.
It's not my place to condemn them.

edit on 19-7-2011 by Holly N.R.A. because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme

Does that mean you are Bi?

edit on 19-7-2011 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by zazzafrazz

Originally posted by arpgme

Does that mean you are Bi?

edit on 19-7-2011 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

bi curious?

top topics

join