It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Puerto Rico, Gulf and Atlantic States -- plate slippage soon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

I do not say this lightly.... BE PREPARED for a large quake in the Caribbean earthquake in the near term... next few weeks to a month at the most. 6.0 or greater... along the southern plate boundary east from Mexico to Puerto Rico.

Have a plan in place for escape to higher ground in case a tsunami is generated by the plate slippage that is happening world.
edit on 18-7-2011 by MajorKarma because: Typos

edit on Mon Jul 18 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: EX TAGS

Mod Note (This Appears On Every New Thread/Post Reply Page):
Please make sure every post matters.
Refrain from 1-line or very-minimal responses.
Edit-down your quoted posts to the important part.
Don't use "txting" shorthand in posts.
Use snippets and links for external content.
Provide meaningful comments for links, pictures, and videos.

Mod Note: Starting A New Thread ?... Look Here First.
edit on Mon Jul 18 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Bring it.
That's about all I can say to any of these predictions anymore.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Please, no! I'm at sea level here.

And I'm still expecting a hurricane at some point.

I guess I should head on back to Colorado.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeyondPerception

I've been thinking of moving to Colorado. Getting tired of florida and need a change of scenery. How do you like it?

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I wish "dutchsense" videos and those that post them had a warning that they are from him so I wouldn't waste my time by clicking on them. They infest ATS like fleas on a dog.

Anyone know how much money this guy makes doing these things?

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deafseeingeyedog

Originally posted by BeyondPerception

I've been thinking of moving to Colorado. Getting tired of florida and need a change of scenery. How do you like it?

Colorado is awesome, and it's like 6,000 feet above sea level. Haha.

But seriously, Colorado has it all. And the people there are great. Also, it's pretty affordable.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by BeyondPerception

That sounds like what I'm looking for. I'd like to take a visit before I jump into it. Specifically Colorado springs and grand junction

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

That sounds like what I'm looking for. I'd like to take a visit before I jump into it. Specifically Colorado springs and grand junction

Colorado Springs and surrounding areas often get some pretty nasty weather. If thunderstorms and hail is your thing, that would be a good spot. Not sure if this happens year-round, but as I tracked a lot of weather this year, many crazy storms moved through here.

You'd probably be better of at Junction. Never been there, but it's likely the only crazy weather you'll get there is related to cold weather - snow, ice, low temps.

I hear Boulder is a pretty good spot too. Since it sits right in the middle of town and the great outdoors. You'll have endless activities, regardless of season.

Just my opinion.
edit on 7/18/2011 by BeyondPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Thanks! I shall add boulder to my list of places to visit per your advice.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Someone sent me this Mensur Omerbashich link. He has given off an earthquake alert for the 1st of August or thereabouts. Unfortunately, I don't have the scientific background to make sense of his website on here. Can anyone check this for me and translate into layman's language?

Judging from his membership of reputable and renowned institutions, he must be quite some academic heavyweight. But the ramblings on his website are so chaotically presented, and the long accusations written in capitals on page 2 of his site so weird that I wonder about this chap. Genuine talent but whacky in other areas, or whacky all over?

Does anyone know more about this character?

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cegullah
Someone sent me this Mensur Omerbashich link. He has given off an earthquake alert for the 1st of August or thereabouts. Unfortunately, I don't have the scientific background to make sense of his website on here. Can anyone check this for me and translate into layman's language?

Judging from his membership of reputable and renowned institutions, he must be quite some academic heavyweight. But the ramblings on his website are so chaotically presented, and the long accusations written in capitals on page 2 of his site so weird that I wonder about this chap. Genuine talent but whacky in other areas, or whacky all over?

Does anyone know more about this character?

I do not in fact know much about Omerbashich except that he is well respected by a number of my friends in Hawaii and those who have untethered themselves from the USA by deciding to live at and on the sea in their ships and who subsequently are very interested in weather, weather at sea and particularly Tsunamis. Fortunately for them but unfortunately for ATS, none of these have any interest in participating in this forum, for the same reasons that I too will soon be leaving or being TOSed.

I know this, what we all are seeing and feeling happening in the world around us is our Karma, Major Karma and live or die, I am one of those who is looking forward to a new deck and maybe even a new game. My new ship launches in 2 months and I too will be gone and you are all welcome to our leavings.

PS. I hope the Hall Monitor and Bill, both of whom criticized me for keeping my comments too brief are satisfied with this extended response and can read between the lines where I didn't feel like being more clear.
edit on 19-7-2011 by MajorKarma because: Typos

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by MajorKarma

Dr. Omerbashich has just had another astounding prediction right on the money. He said mid two weeks of August will so NO 6+ quakes and so it was: NONE! Then on the 14th day of those 2 weeks we had 6.3 in Japan and 7.5 and 7.0 VANUATU.

and it just happened so that NASA issued a statement one day before saying Omerbashich theory is nonsense. LOL what a slam in the NASA face by good Dr. that was!

His hyperresonance theory is revolution in science, it checks every step of the way. His equations he gives are astonishing. Dr. Omerbashich is a brilliant GENIUS!!!

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by dreams n chains

I look at them because I find them interesting. I don't always agree with everything he says sometimes he does at least appear to know what he is talking about. I have been watching the Puerto Rico area myself it is another one of those its not if but matter of when. Personally I don't agree with amount of damage he is predicting. But then again who knows. Earthquakes are very unpredictable.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by MajorKarma

well...well.. a 10ft seafloor displacement off Puerto Rico would have the same destructive force as the Indonesian seafloor displacement (plate slippage) that killed a quarter million people during that Tsunami.

this sounds like it could be the inundation of the southeast USA that Edgar Cayce saw.

as for the video creator... i think he is doing a service for the masses and ain't no glory hound like one reply infers

ADD: heres the wiki page on the Carribean Plate, the second image shows it nestled between the NA plate and the other two adjoining plates....

i wonder if the BP penetration well that went deep enough into the crust to tap the abiotic oil reserves has any beiring on this present anticipation of plate activity... the BP intrusion well was a little north of this tectonic plate boundary but it does seem to be prehephial
edit on 21-8-2011 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

doing a quick scan of info. on the carribean plate, many sources say it rides above the North American, South American, and Cocos plates... and has a horizontal friction on the northern edge (where the Haiti earthquake lies) and on the plates southern edge... both the eastern & western edges of the Carribean plate are riding above the Atlantic & Pacific plates...
so what i'm making of all this is that a major displacement of seafloors is remote...
the most likely event will be another strong but deep Haiti type quake...or a rare event like a avalanche of a mountain side along the Cayman Trench that could result in a Tsunami event, possibly/rareity

i won't bet on either path, but a geologic flooding of the east coast, as in a Cayce scenario would be very unlikely if a 10k-to-one mountain avalanche were to occur undersea at the E-W Trench or even the shelf dropoff that is quite distant from puerto rico/ haiti/cuba/jamiaca

time will tell, but food for thought

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Thanks! I shall add boulder to my list of places to visit per your advice.

My sister lives in Bouder. She tells me that it has the highest per capita rate of PhD's seving coffee. But, aside from that it is very pretty and there's a lot of great outdoor activities in the area.

top topics

join