It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teen hammers parents to death and then has a party

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
POLICE: Port St. Lucie teen hacked parents to death, threw party

Read more: www.cbs12.com...

PORT ST. LUCIE, Fla. -- Police say a teen "brutally and mercilessly" hacked his parents to death with a hammer and then threw a house party via Facebook invites while their bodies remained in a locked bedroom. Port St. Lucie police were dispatched to 371 NE Grandeur Ave. at 4:20 a.m. Sunday on a tip that the 17-year-old had murdered his parents and the bodies remained inside the house.
Police arrived and were greeted by a "nervous and panicky" Tyler Hadley, 17, and evidence of a house party. Behind the locked master-bedroom door were the bodies of Blake, 54, and Mary-Jo Hadley, 47, Tyler's parents. The bodies were partially buried under household items with a hammer between the two bodies.
Police say the bodies were only partially hidden under linens, books, picture frames and towels.

What can be said about this gruesome horrible act? A 17 year old boy, a recent high school drop out. His parents worked for the local nuclear power plant. The kid recruited people for his party on facebook and the party goers did not know his parents lay murdered in a locked bedroom. Is this a sign of the times? I wonder if he was on or recently taken off anti-depressants?
edit on 18-7-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

+24 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
It's a sign of this boys insanity if nothing else.

Wait till he turns 18 and put him to sleep. Sounds harsh...but that's the way I feel.

+11 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
No its not a sign of the times. What is that even supposed to mean? People have been mentally ill sense there have been people. People murder one another, it happens. It always have happened and always will. Yeah, this is a horrible story but nothing new.
edit on 7/18/2011 by mnmcandiez because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
WHY do we, as a society, feel compelled to post articles such as this? No disrespect intended to the OP, but I know how it makes me feel when I read things like this, so I'm sure that others feel the same way.

Isn't it sort of like working in an office when that employee, that everyone knows should have stayed home, comes to work to spread their cold or flu?

I can understand wanting to share stories with others, but what good does it do to share such grief?

I realize that I have a choice to read the post or not, but even reading the headline makes my soul hurt a little.

Please, I do hope the OP does not take offense.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
So we have two dead parents. One who worked for a nuclear falility and one a teacher. One drop out 17 year old, with no mention in this story of previous medical illness. What the hell is going on?

I become sadder and sadder as the days pass and storys such as these surface. I dont know what to blame on this issue. The parents fault? I mean who know. He murdered the s*** out of them. Sounds like they had good jobs with some sort of stability.

Neglect to see any problems? Or was there something else too all of this. He threw a house party of 40-60 people? What goes through the head? I hope for the parents sake it was quick. God please let it have been quick.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by knowseriously
WHY do we, as a society, feel compelled to post articles such as this? No disrespect intended to the OP, but I know how it makes me feel when I read things like this, so I'm sure that others feel the same way.

Isn't it sort of like working in an office when that employee, that everyone knows should have stayed home, comes to work to spread their cold or flu?

I can understand wanting to share stories with others, but what good does it do to share such grief?

I realize that I have a choice to read the post or not, but even reading the headline makes my soul hurt a little.

I understand completely. It is true bad news does none of us any good unless there is a way to prevent it from ever happening again...but still it keeps coming.
If I didn't post it somebody else would have.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by mnmcandiez
No its not a sign of the times. What is that even supposed to mean? People have been mentally ill sense there have been people. People murder one another, it happens. It always have happened and always will. Yeah, this is a horrible story but nothing new.
edit on 7/18/2011 by mnmcandiez because: (no reason given)

I guess "sign of the times" is supposed to mean maybe all those studies connecting violence on television and video games acting to desensitize SOME susceptible youth to commit the violence lessening the impact import or consequences of those acts by seeing them everyday in video games and on TV or movies like SAW ...are right.

Video game violence: Some youths become desensitized by horrific images
teenlife.blogs.pressdemocrat.com...

Video Games Desensitize to Real Violence
psychcentral.com...

Does Constant Violence Desensitize or Bore Teens?
www.livescience.com...

A new brain imaging study suggests that emotional responses to violence appear to diminish in teenage brains exposed to a stream of violent videos. However, some researchers have cautioned that the study does not necessarily tell us anything about what this means for the effect on aggressive behavior among teens.

Psychologists Produce First Study On Violence Desensitization From Video Games
www.sciencedaily.com...

ScienceDaily - Research led by a pair of Iowa State University psychologists has proven for the first time that exposure to violent video games can desensitize individuals to real-life violence.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Wow...this is one of the most messed up things I've ever read on ATS. I can not even fathom the mindset this boy must have been in. Killing his parents and then throwing a party. It's beyond comprehension. He is sick and twisted. They were obviously smart people if they worked at a nuclear facility...what a loss.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
So he has no problem murdering his parents in that way,giving a party invite on FB ,while locking their remains

Yet,when the police arrives he acts nervous ? Right

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by knowseriously

Um... NO. It is not like the employee who comes in with the flu. It's like the employee who finds out his neighbor has the flu, and then --- no, no, it's nothing like employees at all. The metaphor doesn't work.

This is a story about a bad thing that happened. It is not indicative of the times in any particular way. It's indicative of this kid's mental illness and, it could be the case, that it is indicative of the state of our mental health system.

What you're saying is that we should ignore all bad news. You can't deny it -- that is exactly what you indicated. That we should not bring to light the fact that people get murdered in horrific ways. You want to put some blinders on and make everyone else put the blinders on. That is the exact opposite of what this site is intended for.

If you don't want to see stories like this, maybe you should hang out on boards where this kind of thing isn't a common subject of discussion. They exist.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cyanhide
So he has no problem murdering his parents in that way,giving a party invite on FB ,while locking their remains

Yet,when the police arrives he acts nervous ? Right

He may be some kind of psychopath who can't see the direct connections between his actions and their consequences. If so, he would've only understood that he got to have a rockin' party now. The police show up, and he realizes he needs to find a way out of this.

What concerns me is that no one saw this coming. Did he just have a Breakdown of some kind? Did our mental health system/education & authorities fail him?

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
CIA asset program being tested/ implemented in kids? Satan manipulating the minds of overly corrupted and chem pumped youth? or just mental insanity. whatever it is i pray for all 3 involved.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Has anyone thought maybe the boy had been abused by his parents? There is a reason he killed them. He didn't just wake up, rubbed his eye and thought "gee, I think I'll kill my parents today".

Not justifying his actions - they were wrong. But I've seen two posts here implying that they somehow must have been nice people because they had "good jobs'.

He killed his parents and threw a party. Does that sound like he hated them to anyone here? And what generates such hate?

Not saying he was abused, but his actions certainly match that scenario.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul
He didn't just wake up, rubbed his eye and thought "gee, I think I'll kill my parents today".

It's entirely possible that he did. Being abused is no reason to murder your parents...or anyone else.

+14 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Well it looks like its TIME TO BAN HAMMERS!!!!!

Yep, those HAMMERS are dangerous, and if we banned them, this wouldnt have happened!!!

Right gun-control idiots???
edit on 18-7-2011 by pplrnuts because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537

Originally posted by NuclearPaul
He didn't just wake up, rubbed his eye and thought "gee, I think I'll kill my parents today".

It's entirely possible that he did. Being abused is no reason to murder your parents...or anyone else.

I know that it's possible, and it's not an excuse. But it could well be a reason.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by pplrnuts

I sure do love the heat given off by your irrelevant strawman.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Well, here's my opinion; something dark is roaming this world and IMHO it gets stronger everyday. it feeds on weakness and chaos. I'm not trying to sound all Lord of the Rings or paranormal or overly dramatic but it is what I feel in my heart. there is a battle between good and evil. if I was a betting man I'd put a few bucks on the dark side. but hell I'm an optimist or maybe I believe evil triumphs when good men do nothing. who knows, maybe we'll all get the chance to slay a few of these bastard demons roaming around before we leave this world. ~

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
It's a sign of this boys insanity if nothing else.

Wait till he turns 18 and put him to sleep. Sounds harsh...but that's the way I feel.

I can't help but feel the same way. Everyone dies eventually, whether died sooner or later, it does not matter. It does not matter in our very miniscule lifetimes. This thought seems to comfort me often, even though this family died such a horrible and excruciating death.

If the state doesn't want to put him down, I would say the next best thing would be to put him in a pitch dark padded jail room for the rest of his life. I think that would be far worse than death.

It is true, this is not the first time kid kills parents and it won't be the last time. This child-kills-parents has been happening since the dawn of man. And happens in nature too.
edit on 18-7-2011 by fordrew because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

I guess "sign of the times" is supposed to mean maybe all those studies connecting violence on television and video games acting to desensitize SOME susceptible youth to commit the violence lessening the impact import or consequences of those acts by seeing them everyday in video games and on TV or movies like SAW ...are right.

Here we go! Don't blame this on video games. I hate all this rubbish about video games being the problem.
Video game violence looks nothing like real life violence to me. It's fake and it clearly looks fake to me. I can't see anyone be dismembered or shot or blown up in reality I'd be sick all over the place (yes, I've seen some horrible stuff on the internet.)! But I can see it happen in a game and not be affected badly because I know it's fake. I'm one of the most non-violent people you could meet. And I PLAY all these "horrible" games. I've been punched square in the face, and just walked away.

what about murderers before games? And movies are also not to blame. This kid clearly snapped, and is a moron. Wouldn't surprise me if there are other cases like this where someone has murdered someone, then gone and done something like this afterwards.
edit on 18-7-2011 by BoneMosaic because: spelling

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join