It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To Alien Skeptics: Tell us what it would take to convince you.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I'm interested to learn what evidence of alien visitation to this planet would be sufficient enough to change a skeptic's mind. It's obviously-not weight of evidence, for there are countless thousands of videos, pictures, and testimonies from laymen to experts, and yet the skeptics still brush it off. Can all that stuff really count for nothing? Is it even feasible that every single video, every single photograph, drawing and testimony throughout human history was either fake or a mistake?

Another question I'd like to ask the skeptics is this:
If you don't believe in alien visitation to Earth, do you accept that there are very-probably millions of alien species out there, scattered throughout the universe? Or do you think we are alone?

And lastly to the skeptics- do you believe in God? Do you go to church? Because to my mind, anyone who believes in God, by default believes in an omnipotent extra-terrestrial being with super-powers.

So there are my questions to the skeptics:

What would it take to convince you of alien visitation to this planet?
Do you believe we are alone in the Universe?
Do you believe in God?

Thanks

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I see this thread going far............

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Simple, show me an Alien.

Cosmic...

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
There are skeptics who have admitted to this phenomenon being real and unidentified. But its the hardcore debunkers and blind believers whom you need to convince to think logically and with some sensible appeal.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Troofseeker

1 - credible evidence - PS , UFO testimony , is just that UFO testimony - UFO is not a synonym for alien visitation

2 - no

3 - no

link   

Originally posted by Cosmic4life
Simple, show me an Alien.

Cosmic...
So what you're saying is I would have to physically bring an alien, in the flesh to your home to convince you?

link   
reply to post by Cosmic4life

As far as I know Roswell did happen and the evidence is out there. There were bodies. And the people happily resorted to the official statements back then.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Troofseeker
I'm interested to learn what evidence of alien visitation to this planet would be sufficient enough to change a skeptic's mind. It's obviously-not weight of evidence, for there are countless thousands of videos, pictures, and testimonies from laymen to experts, and yet the skeptics still brush it off. Can all that stuff really count for nothing? Is it even feasible that every single video, every single photograph, drawing and testimony throughout human history was either fake or a mistake?

Most evidence I've seen (and I've seen lots) have been blurry photos and pixelated shaky cam. Even the clearer ones, while are unexplained, do not point to being extraterrestrial in origin. (look at the famous triangle crafts over D.C in the 70s.)

I'd believe when there is ample evidence. The evidence we have currently is not conclusive in the slightest. Night terror events, suggested hypnotic memories and just bold-face "claims" do not count as evidence in the scientific sense. It doesn't cut the cake. I need solid evidence. I need a piece of a UFO, studied by a field of scientists, with proof that it could not have come from Earth, and it could not have been made on Earth. I need a deceased corpse of an Alien tested, photographed, and studied for peer review openly, with the DNA sequencing proving it could not have been a human.

The best everybody has right now are just stories from people, shaky blurry photos and wonderful dreams of ancient alien encounters.

If you don't believe in alien visitation to Earth, do you accept that there are very-probably millions of alien species out there, scattered throughout the universe? Or do you think we are alone?

Possibly. Just because something is a hundred billion lightyears away means that it will ever have contact with us. Its like saying that just because there is likely a fish in Japan that you will see a similar one flying through the skies of Detroit tomorrow. Sure its possible, I suppose, but certainly not likely.

And lastly to the skeptics- do you believe in God? Do you go to church? Because to my mind, anyone who believes in God, by default believes in an omnipotent extra-terrestrial being with super-powers.

No.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   

I firmly *believe* in aliens and the like. Of that I have no doubt. Nor proof either... However, for me to believe in the youtube vids and claims from some of the crackpots out there that they worked at [insert secret base here] or have some alien implant or piece of a downed ship, I need more.

What is shown is never conclusive nor is it ever taken to *multiple* leading institutions of scientific study for analysis whereby the conslusions come back as : yes, 100% this is an alien artefact.

No, not in the slightest. I firmly *believe* that there are trillions of sentient lifeforms out there. Again, I have no proof. I always think of Earth like Tatooine from teh Satr Wars universe, in that Earth is pretty far away from the centre of the galaxy where probably the party is happening. So who the eff wants to travel out to the far reaches of the galaxy to hang out with us idiots when they can hop to a party just down the street?

Do you believe in God?

No, I do not. I believe in energy and I believe in life and balance. The energy and life that I believe in are impartial, unbiased and neither good nor evil - they jus *are*. So the idea of an all powerful being controlling us seems silly to me. But i don't see why being an atheist/agnostic changes my open mindedness. When I was growing up I had Christian values shouted at me from all angles yet through education, I learned that they were foolish and a very small, primitive belief system.

Don't see why it would have an effect on my belief in life out in the universe...?
edit on 18-7-2011 by noonebutme because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-7-2011 by noonebutme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar

Most evidence I've seen (and I've seen lots) have been blurry photos and pixelated shaky cam. Even the clearer ones, while are unexplained, do not point to being extraterrestrial in origin. (look at the famous triangle crafts over D.C in the 70s.)

I'd believe when there is ample evidence. The evidence we have currently is not conclusive in the slightest. Night terror events, suggested hypnotic memories and just bold-face "claims" do not count as evidence in the scientific sense. It doesn't cut the cake. I need solid evidence. I need a piece of a UFO, studied by a field of scientists, with proof that it could not have come from Earth, and it could not have been made on Earth. I need a deceased corpse of an Alien tested, photographed, and studied for peer review openly, with the DNA sequencing proving it could not have been a human.

The best everybody has right now are just stories from people, shaky blurry photos and wonderful dreams of ancient alien encounters.

Possibly. Just because something is a hundred billion lightyears away means that it will ever have contact with us. Its like saying that just because there is likely a fish in Japan that you will see a similar one flying through the skies of Detroit tomorrow. Sure its possible, I suppose, but certainly not likely.

No.
Thank you.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
It really amazes me how some of you are so willing to believe that we have been visited by Aliens.

Yes the Universe and indeed our own Galaxy very probably contains many species capable of varying degrees of technology, but...

The likelihood of them being able to survive our atmosphere, be it the gases or the pressure are extremely slim to none.

Secondly and perhaps more importantly, the likelihood of them being able to travel the extreme distances involved in interstellar travel are next to zero.

Is it any coincidence that Aliens and UFO arrived into our psychology just at the point in time that we are developing and researching certain technologies ? isn't it more likely that Aliens and UFO are a cover story for secret Human endeavors ?

Common sense and logic dictates that everything seen or witnessed since the beginning of the 20th century and certainly since ww2 is man-made in it's origins.

And as i said before, show me an Alien, you won't because you can't.

Cosmic...

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Contact...

Its simple! I would have to personally use all my senses when introduced to an alien to believe that extra terrestrials exist!

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
i need to meet one face to face, shake hands/tentacles with it, have DNA testing done and then I might consider believing in ETs. A spin in a UFO would help too.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Do you believe in God?

A physical visitation to my person. This might be a weird aura, a semi-transparent vision, a knock on the door...
but some indication that this entity is real and is communicating its existence to me physically

No, I don't believe we are alone.

Not in the sense of a gray-bearded man above the clouds, no. A creator? Not really. A unity of the cosmos, yes.

EDIT TO ADD:
I think the Ancient Aliens type stuff, the fact that the pyramids and henges and now-submerged cities and incredible engineering and crop circles and ancient airplane models and paintings exist, without question, are all strong evidence. And, I WANT to believe. Do you have physical evidence??

My question for you is:
Who is this "us" you refer to in your OP?

edit on 18-7-2011 by wildtimes because: see above

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   

I am already convinced. I am a skeptic of shaky evidence (especially blurry pics and yt videos) yet there are cases where even the naysayers fall silent. When I think of Rendelsham or the JAL 1628 Flight encounter...Plenty of threads here to look those up. But my conviction is from my personal experiences. And those I cannot deny.

Contact. 1997.

Young Ellie: Dad, do you think there's people on other planets?
Ted Arroway: I don't know, Sparks. But I guess I'd say if it is just us... seems like an awful waste of space.

www.imdb.com...

To me, this is just common sense.

Do you believe in God?

An all universal energy, perhaps. God? Meh.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

A physical visitation to my person. This might be a weird aura, a semi-transparent vision, a knock on the door...
but some indication that this entity is real and is communicating its existence to me physically

I wouldn't even take my own "visitation" experiences as evidence, since our "experiences" are extremely fallible.

And yes, for the record, I've had an incident that most people would likely say was an Alien encounter. Until definitive evidence, I find it unlikely and more likely to be one of many natural phenomena.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic4life

This website beats this stuff to death, because its job is to literally fill everything up with skeptisim and misinformation due to the increasingly large number of people who are searching the web for answers. This is a skeptics website. This is a site used to monitor public opinion, public reactions, and to de rail any credible evidence that finds its way on here.
Just look at the way they treat john lear, dr lier, phil schnieder, etc etc.

This is a video from the department of naval intelligence [DNI] released by a man who went under the name Victor.
www.youtube.com...
If you actually use logic, and research it, it becomes clear what this man did, why he did it, and that he was genuine.
Here is his interview on the art bell program, answering many important questions.
www.youtube.com...

And then...
www.youtube.com...

You can also check out the numerous implants that have been removed from various people, from various walks of life, from various parts of the globe. These implants are special because, not only do they contain materials not found on earth whatsoever, they are materials that can ONLY be made in the vacuum of space.

That is to say, even if we DID have these components found in these implants, which we don't, it would be impossible to create them in earths atmosphere.

The problem is, people who don't beleive, just won't beleive. Regardless of what you show them.
People who DO believe, believe, no hard evidence required. So this is essentially a dead end debate, but I post this on here for many the one or two kids who might look into it logically and do their own research to make up their own mind.

Also, anyone else willing to use reason and logic and not just read other peoples comments to get a general opinion, do a little bit of research into John Titor. Thats a whole other story though.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
1. A hand shake with Gort and a full examination of Klaatu.
2. No.
3. No.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Reply to post by Troofseeker

I have never seen a polar bear or a penguin. I believe they exist due to the level of evidence there is for them. Eyewitness accounts, millions of tv specials, grade school education, and the fact that if I want I can run down to me nearest zoo and see a live specimen (or so I'm lead to believe....lol).

In short, it would require an amount of evidence that borders on personally verifiable for me to believe they are here or have been discovered. And no one here should accept anything less....because it is out there....

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I don't understand why some of those who believe in aliens have the need to make others believe.

Isn't believing in ETs yourself enough? Why do you care what others think rather than living with your own truth?

Do you care if they think you're crazy? If you do, you shouldn't. We are all crazy.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join