It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Durbin vows congressional investigations into News Corp scandal/GOPer wants FBI probe on Murdoch

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Durbin vows congressional investigations into News Corp scandal

Democratic Senate Majority Whip Dick Durbin of Illinois said Sunday he would like to see Congress investigate News Corp in the wake of the company’s phone hacking scandal in Britain. “Yes, I would,” Durbin replied when asked on NBC’s “Meet the Press” whether he would like to see an investigation of the company.

I can tell you that there are questions about whether the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act has been violated by Rupert Murdoch and his news empire, and what’s going on in England is startling to think of the extent that they went to break the law to try to report a story. We need to follow through with the FBI investigation and also with congressional investigations.”

news.yahoo.com...

IT's both sides of the aisle...and I have a feeling with 9/11 just around the corner, the 10 years anniversary, the possible hacking of 9/11 victims being proven would be an absolute disaster for Murdoch and his company News International (which owns Fox News and countless other media outlets).

GOPer wants FBI probe of Rupert Murdoch

New York Republican Pete King is calling on the FBI to investigate whether Rupert Murdoch’s News Corporation hacked into the voicemail accounts of Sept. 11 victims, calling the allegations of the scandal “disgraceful.”

“As I see it, I would expect more things to be coming out over the next several weeks,” King told POLITICO. “And as we approach 9/11, the tenth anniversary, it’s even going to get worse.

This story is going to get bigger IMO especially after the debt ceiling debate subsides.

Chickens may be coming home to roost...eh?
edit on 17-7-2011 by David9176 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Good!

Murdoch and his shady dealings should be investigated. FoxNews alone has a horrible reputation and I would not be surprised if they found out the corporation was rotten to the core.

It's funny that they may have exploited 9/11 victims when NewsCorp has taken complete advantage of that horrible event...and still do today. I wonder what Hannity has to say about this!

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Information that came out of England so far has shown that Murdoch is a very big bully in politics. He held politicians against their will with threats ranging from publishing an article on a politician’s son with a serious disease and even all the way up to Tony Blair. Seeing he has such power and influence over British politics, through bullying, there is no doubt in my mind at all his media empire, specifically using the Fox News outlet; he is holding the Republican Party hostage.

Just think about it, he made a fortune through reforming news into partisan outlets dedicated to spreading their ideological view of issues and became extraordinarily wealthy that way. By using the power of Fox, which holds the largest viewership of any news outlet, he could have been holding these Republican candidates and politicians against their will for his taste or guess what… they get exposed doing something wrong.

Murdoch has built his news media empire into a 21st century freaking political machine and it is about time we tear it down!

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

It's funny that they may have exploited 9/11 victims when NewsCorp has taken complete advantage of that horrible event...and still do today. I wonder what Hannity has to say about this!

Exactly. They have used 9/11 for political reasons since it happened. And I'm sure Hannity won't be saying too much about it..probably not allowed to do so.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Information that came out of England so far has shown that Murdoch is a very big bully in politics. He held politicians against their will with threats ranging from publishing an article on a politician’s son with a serious disease and even all the way up to Tony Blair. Seeing he has such power and influence over British politics, through bullying, there is no doubt in my mind at all his media empire, specifically using the Fox News outlet; he is holding the Republican Party hostage.

It has to be happening here. Murdoch has had, what is it, 26 meetings with the British Prime Minister Cameron with whom he pushed to get elected? 10 arrests? Corruption to the bottom all the way to the top.

I think he is controlling the Republican party which is likely why it's such a mess right now. If a Republican wants to make a name for himself, he has to go to Fox News. Murdoch can create or destroy anyone he wants with Fox News.

There reportedly is a "brain center" within Fox News that is basically an intelligence hub used to get information to protect it's interests. This was reported a few years ago...was just reading something on it. The accuser was one of the creators of Fox News....who was fired for doing an anonymous interview.

The corruption runs deep...this is obviously how he does business. If he was doing it over there, then there is no reason to think that he wasn't doing it here.

CEO of Wall Street Journal/Dow Jones resigned already here in the USA. Wonder what tomorrow will bring.

new topics

top topics

join