It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel to attack Iran, says ex-CIA official

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

bikyamasr.com

LONDON: A former American CIA official told a Los Angeles radio station that Israel will likely attack Iran in September and hopes to draw the United States into the potential conflict.
Netanyahu is "also hoping to draw the United States into the conflict--and in fact, there’s a warning order inside the Pentagon to prepare for conflict with Iran," Baer said
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I did do a search. Lots of threads addressing this general idea, but no former CIA agents gone "off the reservation" making direct statements.

According to the source he made these statements in an interview with KPFK in LA, but I haven't been able to find it on their site.

Baer predicts that the attack will be in September, "before a [UN General Assembly] vote on the Palestinian state.”

bikyamasr.com

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I plugged it into google and it popped up all over the Net. I seriously hope that this is b.s., none the least because it could quickly spiral into a world war.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnIntellectualRedneck
I plugged it into google and it popped up all over the Net. I seriously hope that this is b.s., none the least because it could quickly spiral into a world war.

Yeah, I just searched ATS & KPFK. It never occurred to me to Google it
. Guess I should be embarrassed....
edit on 7/17/2011 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
What the hell, this will be terrible for everyone. Maybe the US is so interested in Northern Africa for a reason.......

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Baer has a new book out ... just FYI. He also said the exact same thing 2 years ago. The interview

That said, sanctions against Iran are toughening in terms of cargo ship transpo (Maersk cut ties). So the idea may be to hinder supplies into Iran "pre-attack". Iran is also increasing trade with China significantly - which basically nullifies the usefulness of the sanctions.

Sooner or later something is going to happen with Iran. I just don't think the economic riots have spread to enough countries to justify this little adventure quite yet.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
The problem I have with stories like this is I don't believe anyone is truly "ex-CIA"...

So the info might as well be coming from the CIA.

It's pretty obvious through the evil Iran propaganda we see on MSM daily that either the US or Israel will attack Iran, the plan is continued destabilization through "kinetic military action"
not wars...In fact we are spreading PEACE it is the new " war", up is down, and so forth.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

Agenda 21 Middle East. The plan to topple all the governments in Northern Africa and the Middle East including Iran. All to be re-established and ran by Israel. Hello people look it up. Welcome to the NWO coming soon to you. Then look up Club of Rome and while your at it look up the New World Religion called Eugenics and its ardent supporters like John P. Haldron.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   

"former American CIA official told a Los Angeles radio station that Israel will likely attack Iran"

I have issues with the thread title and what was actually quoted from the supposed Ex-CIA official...

Seems a bit sensationalized..
AGAIN

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

"former American CIA official told a Los Angeles radio station that Israel will likely attack Iran"

I have issues with the thread title and what was actually quoted from the supposed Ex-CIA official...

AGAIN

Jul 17th, 2011 | By Jonathan Terry | Category: Iran, Palestine

LONDON: A former American CIA official told a Los Angeles radio station that Israel will likely attack Iran in September and hopes to draw the United States into the potential conflict.

???

It's a direct quote from the source. The article amplifies and reinforces what the headline says. I see nothing sensationalistic here. I think we all know it's coming before long. WTF?

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
The Jews own all the businesses in Iran, therefore they will not attack Iran. Doesn't pay to spit where you eat. Of all people, the Jews are most aware of this.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I linked to the interview (audio) in my post above. He said it alright. And yes, it's still pretty sensational

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Here's something interesting:

link

All this is real interesting, but here's the real kicker: Economist Nouriel Roubini has tweeted the link to the ZeroHedge story. As long-term EPJ readers know, I consider Roubini the most connected man in finance. He has a small house warming party and George Soros shows up. To ring in the New Year, he shows up at billionaire Russian oligarch Roman Abramovich's New Year's eve party. He gave Larry Summers stock in his company. Within hours of DSK being arrested, he tweeted that Christine Lagarde would take his place--as she has done. He is a consultant to most of the central banks in the world.

I have never seen Roubini tweeting on foreign affairs before, he is unlikely to be tweeting because he finds the story interesting. The story likely falls in line with what he is hearing from his very in the know network.

link
edit on 17-7-2011 by Rockdisjoint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

"will likely"
Isn't a guarantee. Am I the only one here who understands this?

He stated his opinion on the matter. If he is really "Ex-CIA" then that really means he is out of the decision making process. In other words, hes no longer "In the Know" and is presently "Out of the loop" Besides, how many previous times has he made similar claims?

I'll take my usual wait and see approach.
Most likely as usual, nothing will come of this...

edit on 17-7-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_CT2

I did do a search. Lots of threads addressing this general idea, but no former CIA agents gone "off the reservation" making direct statements.

According to the source he made these statements in an interview with KPFK in LA, but I haven't been able to find it on their site.

Baer predicts that the attack will be in September, "before a [UN General Assembly] vote on the Palestinian state.”

hmm, now maybe this is why the U.N GOT A WHOLE bunch of money. Like stated on another thread on here.

bikyamasr.com

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

AGAIN

If so then WHY did you post this info?

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by cloaked4u

Let me know when you've figured it out.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Take it from me.

Dis-information to the MAX. No x Agent would even think of revealing what he ever knew. How stupid some are to even think an Agent would commit Treason of this sort. They all took an Oath forever until the grave.

I had a real high Security Color. I know for a fact this x Agent would be in rendition that same day.
All lines of communication are tied into a mainframe under *&%$# and now that I wrote that word they got me tagged again. Tag your it is the game they play Boys and Girls.

So, when you hear crap like that expect something very different you Folks at ATS.

I Love trolling around the Internet given you by the Pentagon.
And why did you receive such a wonderful gift?

Here it is and hope you can get it; The Government has taken on the task of gathering since the inception of Cable Television. Go ahead look in that Black Box. And now Sat boxes are here and where just in development.
Why did RG56 come about? Cause RG59 didn't quite do it back in 1979.
Oh, what really funny is that these are my initials in the Real World.

So, you are being tagged for use of certain words you all.
Since I am dying anyway, I don't mind being tagged day in day out. My address is well known and so would any one else using certain terms and words.

LOL

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by cloaked4u

The use of the words "will likely" in the piece denote that it is no more than a hypothesis. Nothing to get in an uproar about. The Moon will likely crash back into the Earth far in the future, I will likely have a cup of tea after posting this. Doesn't make it a definite thing.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

reply to post by Ex_CT2

"will likely"
Isn't a guarantee. Am I the only one here who understands this?

He stated his opinion on the matter. If he is really "Ex-CIA" then that really means he is out of the decision making process. In other words, hes no longer "In the Know" and is presently "Out of the loop" Besides, how many previous times has he made similar claims?

I'll take my usual wait and see approach.
Most likely as usual, nothing will come of this...

edit on 17-7-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

Yes. I see your problem with it now. The subject said "Israel will likely attack" and the headline says "Israel to attack." I acknowledge the distinction. I plead guilty of not having caught that myself.

And while I'm at it, you may be right about his not being in the loop. On the other hand, maybe not. I daresay he *likely* has better contacts and intel in this regard than either of us, though.

In any case, as you, I will take a "wait and see" approach--particularly considering that we have no other option....

<<   2 >>

join