It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The movie Stargate is proof TPTB have been lying to us all along.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Yeah, Slayer - that was actually my first thought on seeing them too. Hopefully that's NOT it and it's just supposed to be a scale (like for weighing things) or something much more mundane.

Oooh, here's an idea! Maybe it's a compass? Dunno if the ancient egyptians used those... Anybody?

Ok, did some googling and there are tons of things stating how the Masons use the compass and square, which they all claim are from "ancient egyptian masonry." So maybe the symbol is a compass. I just can't seem to find any good source to verify that ancient egyptians used compasses.

edit on 17-0720117-1111 by gwynnhwyfar because: Added compass idea.

edit on 17-0720117-1111 by gwynnhwyfar because: Added more info.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by cluckerspud

you need to remove the video you have in the middle, just compare the stargate symbol and the symbol in the pyramid shaft.

(I edited the OP)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by gwynnhwyfar

Didn't "god" say not to make images of him/them?

Sort of like they didn't want a record of what they really looked like for later more sophisticated generations to figure out how they appeared and know that they were around messing with stuff

edit on 17-7-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
That symbol could mean 'moldy mushroom' for all we know.

And the 'buzz' on the internet pertaining to Giza and the discoveries of late has been blown out of proportion by people like Sorcha Faal. There are people still referencing old articles of hers/his.

There is nothing to prove that a stargate exists in Egypt somewhere. Although, being a fan of the show, it would be great if it did....

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Stargate used the USAF as advisors quite extensively during the SG-1 years. When this symbol was first released, I made a similar suggestion, in jest of course.

But you could say using your flow here that the old original Star Trek was proof that the PTB were lying to us then. Now we have Cell Phones, Medical scanners, etc. And we are diligently still working on the rest.

Sometimes art imitates life and visa-versa.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I don't see the two symbols as the same myself. There is a significant "neck" portion to the Egyptian one that is totally absent in the Stargate one. The "foot" of both is completely different, almost absent in the Egyptian one and prominent and symmetrical in the Stargate one. Third, the Stargate one is a circle with a hole in it; the Egyptian one is a solid sphere. These three elements are basic, not peripheral. There are no peripheral details that would corroborate a similarity.

I thought I read that the Egyptian ones has been deciphered: Builders' marks for alignment and distance, as I recall. I can't find it at the moment, but I THOUGHT that mystery had been solved.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
That symbol could mean 'moldy mushroom' for all we know.

It's the symbol for a "Hi" sound hieroglyphs.net...

And the 'buzz' on the internet pertaining to Giza and the discoveries of late has been blown out of proportion by people like Sorcha Faal. There are people still referencing old articles of hers/his

...and, alas, completely hiding all the articles by people who CAN read hieroglyphs and understand that the symbols are letters (which can be confirmed with a little research) and that the letter is part of another word. I've always thought it a shame that most of the people interested in Ancient Egypt never get around to learning to read hieroglyphs or even understanding that the symbols form an alphabet that translates into readable words.

Hieroglyphs.net is a good resource, by the way.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
When I first saw Star-gate many years ago I got a gut feeling way down deep that the movie had more truth in it than fiction. I have never felt that way about a movie before.

I think the movie hits pretty close to home on our true beginnings on this planet.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

The movie Stargate is proof TPTB have been lying to us all along.

If I ever bastardized the definition of the word 'proof' with any of my teachers the way it is here on ATS, I would be flipping burgers at MickeyD's today!

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Am I the only person that thinks this could probably be splattered blood? I mean just look at the size of it alone that should give you a hint right there..... Plus I think if they wanted to make a symbol it would have been more well done that, what were they drawing with if the symbol is 2cms at best?

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

It's an interesting speculation. Looks like you've touched a bit of a nerve with some members. This might not be proof but it's definitely worth holding the thought for future reference.

And slayer, stop being so cruel.

link   

edit on 17-7-2011 by boncho because: delete

link   

edit on 17-7-2011 by boncho because: delete

link   

edit on 17-7-2011 by boncho because: Double post...

link   
reply to post by Byrd

This newsclip says a report was released stating that they are just numbers. Although, I couldn't find a number glyph for 20...

Mysterious hieroglyphs written in red paint on the floor of a hidden chamber in Egypt's Great Pyramid of Giza are just numbers, according to a mathematical analysis of the 4,500-year-old mausoleum.

Source

"The markings are hieratic numerical signs. They read from right to left, meaning 100, 20, 1. The builders simply recorded the total length of the shaft: 121 cubits," Miatello told Discovery News.

edit on 17-7-2011 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

Sorry for my ignorance - but the symbol it loooks like you are referring to for the "Hi" sound looks like it has three circular "loops" on top before it separates into the triangular part, not one, as the pyramid symbol has... What's up with that? Did they abbreviate the symbol to just one circular loop?

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
You're not alone by any means Signals. Other people have speculated Hollyweird is a bit ahead of the curve too.

Like George Lucas's Deathstar compared with Saturn's moon Iapetus. Lucas released "The Empire Strikes Back" in 1980. The equatorial ridge around Iapetus wasn't discovered until 2004, I believe. Coincidence? Probably.

On topic: The one thing I noticed was the painted glyph doesn't have a hole in the center like the symbol does.
edit on 7/17/2011 by Klassified because: eta

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Very interesting thread! Thanks for pointing this 'evidence' out - good eye!

Back in the day, when the movie first came out, I felt there was something realistic about it... now I know why.

Thanks for sharing this with us. Makes me want to rewatch the Stargate movie again , it's been so long . Gr8 movie and worth watching again, imo!

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
coincidence ?

nah, smudge

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join