It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Donates $100 Billion to the United Nations

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by pplrnuts
What the HELL is going on here??

We are in a hysterical panic about SHUTTING down this country due to lack of funds yet we are THROWING MONEY TO OTHER COUNTRIES like we have more money than we know what to do with???

How much MORE is this going to now COST US the American public. What will be CUT next? How many more jobs will be CUT? how many more are we going to lose and SUFFER for as a country now.

PFFFFTT, this is getting WAY outta control.

Until everything collapses i dont know if you guys have realised but we print money out of thin air its kinda hard to run out of it

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
It shouldn't surprise anyone.

This is all a direct attempt to destroy our nation, and it's working.

The UN told us we had to go spread peace in Libya, remember?

The $$ is probably pre-payment for the upcoming UN gun grab.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaanny

Wait a minute here..... The people who have actually worked are not going to get thier Social Security.

Who said people aren't going to get their social security?

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

I think anyone with and IQ above 12 could read the Title of the article, its date and then what is in it and come to conclusion that the person who posted this article was hoping that no one would bother to look at it and just start screaming like a bunch of idiots. I swear ATS has the most gullible people on the net.

No kidding!!!

Jesus, and where did the OP get this $100 billion that was put in the thread title? Come on, people! Everyone acts like they just can't wait to jump on any story so they can rant and rave about how everything sucks before they even stop to evaluate the contents for credibility!

This is happening more and more frequently here on ATS. I've seen more sensationalized, erroneous, and absurd headlines and threads than anything else here lately. But what's worse than that is the number of people who jump right in and run with it, even when there is disinformation or over-exaggerated claims that are obvious to anyone with common sense.

I'm just about ready to take a hiatus from this website. It's starting to sound more like a tabloid around here rather than a website with open-minded, critical thinkers in the membership.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I guess donating money for research of deadly viruses isn't popular on ATS.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by canadiansenior70
www.aim.org...

The U. S. State Department yesterday announced that the Obama Administration has agreed to contribute $4 billion to the United Nations Global Fund to fight AIDs, Tuberculosis, and Malaria from 2011 to 2013.

This means that over one-third of the money will come from the pockets of US taxpayers.

What are your thoughts on the above?

I think it is irresponsible, and can he make that decision on his own?

$4 billion........ while he talks of no SS cheques for the elderly.

That is bull#. My granddaddy came up with the cure for tuberculosis, and almost all people in the world have been treated. There is no reason for Obama to have done this than to have given more money to the UN so they can fill up their wallets.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
he write-up has no hyperlink to an standard federal government notice, nor is there a recognize granted concerning who from the "state department" truly mentioned this, the MSM is not covering this not even foxnews. There is no indication for the UN internet site that this occured. I'm not saying it is not feasible but I'd want to ascertain very much more verification that this could possibly be the case.

[Mod Edit - Removed spam links]
edit on 17/7/2011 by Sauron because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by canadiansenior70

Its the same s*** in the UK - cameron cutting every dept budget like there's no tomorrow - apart from foreign aid and EU contribution! Which are going up.
We send money to India - who have a space program where we dont - yet we are sending them aid?!? How does this work exactly?
These leaders are so detached from reality its ludicrous...

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by spyder550

Perhaps. Personally I would agree with you and have travelled extensivelly and lived in other countries for extended periods. I have never seen the benefit of the UN in my travels and it certainly does not take travelling to understand that the UN is inept, corrupt and ineffective.

I would guess that 19 out of 20 people (and that is conservative) in the world don't have any idea what the UN does, not in any real sense.

The world has become no safer, saner nor stable since the UN was created. Its little more than a home owners association where folks send in dues and get nothing in return all the while thinking that the folks who serve on it are tools and the things they care about are meaningless. Difference being that they can kick you out of your neighborhood for not paying your home owners dues

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

He thinks we are all retired cable company executives.
Well we still pay for cable.
Free cable for all.
I'm sure its all in the contract for President of the United States to pay the UN.
The UN was some sort of Fourth Reich settlement but you heard that from
other people.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Senator Obama and Senator Biden co sponsored a bill...Global Poverty Act, which would have given annually 0.07 % of US GDP to the UN. These guys are serious globalists. Their agenda will never change, just the names of the bills.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian

This is a total nothing of a story in all honesty. The USA
has never met its financial obligations to the UN since its inception in 1945. In fact the only country that has is Japan. The facts and figures that back this up are freely available for those who wish to check

And just who levied these "obligations" for funding? I certainly don't feel "obligated" to fund a psuedo governmental "coffee klatch".Where fatcat bureaucrats can wine and dine and "talk" over issues.

Our next and hopefully final installment ( payment) should be delivered by a fleet of U-haul moving vans carrying empty shipping boxes,empty luggage and free one way tickets off the continent for all "diplomats": As in "LAST CALL".I don't care where you go but you can't stay here!

edit on 28-8-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-8-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by pplrnuts
What the HELL is going on here??

We are in a hysterical panic about SHUTTING down this country due to lack of funds yet we are THROWING MONEY TO OTHER COUNTRIES like we have more money than we know what to do with???

How much MORE is this going to now COST US the American public. What will be CUT next? How many more jobs will be CUT? how many more are we going to lose and SUFFER for as a country now.

PFFFFTT, this is getting WAY outta control.

I agree, but its not way outta control.. imho.. more debt & death are exactly what GOP/DNC loyalists voted for... lol.. you get what you deserve folks. The only "change" you get by voting for the "other party".. is from bad to worse. Guaranteed, every single time.. "take that to the bank"..lmao..(pun intended)

Ever hear the old adage "Spending like there's no tomorrow"??.. normally I'd dismiss all the 2012 doom as same old y2k madness, but seriously.. "they" are spending like there is no tomorrow, not a hint of care or concern that all this fake $$ can never be paid back in any of our lifetimes under the current configuration.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhSeal
I guess donating money for research of deadly viruses isn't popular on ATS.

That's what we have the CDC for. Why do we have to give it to the WHO?

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by dolphinfan
reply to post by spyder550

Perhaps. Personally I would agree with you and have travelled extensivelly and lived in other countries for extended periods. I have never seen the benefit of the UN in my travels and it certainly does not take travelling to understand that the UN is inept, corrupt and ineffective.

I would guess that 19 out of 20 people (and that is conservative) in the world don't have any idea what the UN does, not in any real sense.

The world has become no safer, saner nor stable since the UN was created. Its little more than a home owners association where folks send in dues and get nothing in return all the while thinking that the folks who serve on it are tools and the things they care about are meaningless. Difference being that they can kick you out of your neighborhood for not paying your home owners dues

Well said about the Homeowner's associations! They can dictate what color you paint your exterior(at least mine does) and tell you to replace your mailbox, fine you for leaving your Christmas lights up past January, etc. all in the name of preserving the look of the neighborhood.

The UN is completely diabolical, even if appearing inept, as they plan to dictate how much water we will get, and I can't help but wonder if they are who's promoting smart meters on our electricity so they can monitor and control how much electric we use worldwide. After all, the UN is full of environmentalists who think that people are parasites to be got rid of. It's all in their literature on Sustainability. UN Agenda 21
edit on 29-8-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
I cannot believe this thread is already on
page 2 and not a single person noticed
the date on this article is almost a year old

October 6, 2010

and BEFORE the current debt ceiling talks.

hmmmm. agenda here ???

did this get him banned and why

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join