It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida's First Peoples Bank - 54th Bank to fail this year.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
www.marketwatch.com...

SAN FRANCISCO (MarketWatch) -- Florida's First Peoples Bank in Port Saint Lucie became the 54th U.S. bank failure of the year, according to the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. Friday. Earlier, the FDIC said regulators closed High Trust Bank and One Georgia Bank in Georgia. Premier American Bank of Miami will acquire First People's $228.3 million in assets and $209.7 million in deposits. The closure will cost the FDIC's deposit insurance fund $7.4 million. First Peoples also marks the seventh bank closure in Florida this year.

I never knew that there were 54 bank failures this year. Im guessing these banks are the small ones, atleast compared to big ones, like Bank of America.

I wonder how many bank failures will occur before the end of the year? Maybe somewhere in the 80s or 90s? Then again, the economy dosent look like its moving anywhere too fast yet either.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
157 banks failed in 2010.

articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com...

Looks like Obama's economic policy failures continue.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

Ah, leave Obama alone. the man has his hands full dealing with all those arrogant brats running around D / C ~ aka the Republicans. on top of that he has to deal with that new infestation called the Tea Party. sorry OP, I'm off topic, I'm just tired of the Prez being blamed for everything under the sun. interesting topic though; I have a good budy in banking in Fla., he has been mum about this but I shall see what I can find out.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by LooksLikeWeMadeIt
reply to post by Carseller4

Ah, leave Obama alone. the man has his hands full dealing with all those arrogant brats running around D / C ~ aka the Republicans. on top of that he has to deal with that new infestation called the Tea Party. sorry OP, I'm off topic, I'm just tired of the Prez being blamed for everything under the sun. interesting topic though; I have a good budy in banking in Fla., he has been mum about this but I shall see what I can find out.

You are just upset that the statute of limitations on blaming Bush has ran out.

Obama owns this economy, and it's just too much for a former community organizer to handle.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by LooksLikeWeMadeIt

That's funny, don't blame him just because he's in charge...whenever there is a problem in any company and the boss fails to fix it..he's responsible regardless who screwed up what under him...it's his watch and he's gotta own it...he should not have taken the job if it's too much for him...don't be so absorbed in your party to not be able to admit when someone is screwing up... register independent...it means you never have to lie for your party and you pick the best person for the job...you're not picking that person because of his or her party affiliation..and the tea party has nothing to do with the independent party...

new topics

top topics

join