It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegal immigrant working inside the nation's largest nuclear plant .. lol

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Jul 14, 2011

PHOENIX - Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio's deputies arrested an illegal immigrant working inside the Palo Verde Nuclear Plant, the nation's largest nuclear plant and one of the most closely monitored in the country

Deputies determined that the worker is, in fact, here illegally. Cruz admitted he has been in the U.S. illegally for most of the past 15 years. He was detained and deported in 2000 but paid a coyote for re-entry into the U.S. And last month, Cruz admitted that in June 2011, Mesa Police cited him for driving with a suspended license.

"To some extent," Arpaio says, "security at this nuclear power plant worked. But still, an illegal immigrant was permitted to gain access to this facility. This raises the question: how safe is Palo Verde really if an illegal alien can gain access to this nation's largest nuclear power facility?

www.kvoa.com...

edit on 15-7-2011 by Dalke07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Wait wait wait... I know it's a small detail but...

They cited him for driving with a "Suspended" license.

How did he get a license in the first place?? Then How come he wasn't deported when he did what ever he did to get it suspended?!?!
edit on 15-7-2011 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

edit on 15-7-2011 by Dalke07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
should have put this in another part of the forums

this is huge news an illegal working at the countries largest nuclear plant screams too many issues.

least of which is a driving license.

i doubt the there will be any fines of any sort or the dude will be deported.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Looks like its bologna sandwiches and pink jammies for him.
There is a nice little place that's warming up for sheriff joe, its called karma and we reap what we sow.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Hopefully he doesn't go postal if he gets fired...Hmmmmmmm yeah, good job screening way to go HR!!!

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
just goes to show that with all the homeland "security" measures that are taking away from freedom, nothing has realty changed.
kind of like anti-gun laws, don't remove guns from criminals, just from everyday law abiding citizens.

now this guy was probably only wanting to work, but just imagine if he wanted to be a terrorist.
yup so much for "bonehead" security.
they have realty made things tough for terrorists.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
And so many people support illegal immigration.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod
Wait wait wait... I know it's a small detail but...

They cited him for driving with a "Suspended" license.

How did he get a license in the first place?? Then How come he wasn't deported when he did what ever he did to get it suspended?!?!
edit on 15-7-2011 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

Speculation: He probably got it when he had a visa to work here. Once the visa expired his license did too. Probably got into the plant under a valid work visa as well... once you get the job, nobody usually goes back to check for visa expirations, so people like this slip through the cracks... quietly.

edit on 15-7-2011 by Heyyo_yoyo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
That must be one of those jobs Americans won't do

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by isitjustme
That must be one of those jobs Americans won't do

Exactly my beef with the system

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
He had to get a security clearance to get that job. Has anyone here filled that thing out? Its huge, I almost didn't get my security clearance because I couldn't remember my ex wifes birthdate, the year we got married, where she lives and her phone number.

I only needed mine to load and unload DOE containers from trucks to planes.

How the hell did this joker get a clearance to work in a nuclear facility? He had to provide information going back 10 years. How did the people who did the background check miss that? How did he pass the interview portion of the background check?

This guy should be hired on by the government to show how he did it and help plug these massive hows in security. Kind of like that kid in Catch Me If You Can did.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star

he never did anything wrong other than not being born here.

If he had wanted to blow up the power plant or do something dangerous he would have done it by now, after all these 15 years or so, yet he didn't... just goes to show you most of these illegal immigrants aren't a threat to the country.
edit on 15-7-2011 by Enter Ruin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enter Ruin

Originally posted by Night Star

he never do anything wrong other than not being born here.

He also commited a felony by giving false information to obtain a security clearance.

Just saying.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Becoming

Yes, but for what reason? he just wanted a job, something bums don't and instead of looking for a job (when they easily could, because they have papers) they instead rely on welfare, or ask for money at the exit of every freeway. I have yet to see a Mexican or Hispanic ask money in that way, every bum I see asking for money in the exit ramps or Wal-marts are white or black people; the Hispanics I see them outside of Home Depot willing to work for money, not asking it "for free".

P.S.
I live in L.A., that should surprise you even more.

EDIT: I forgot to add the Hispanics I see at the exit of every freeway, SELLING FLOWERS OR PISTACIOS/NUTS/PEANUTS, but NEVER asking for free money because the economy is so bad.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by generik
now this guy was probably only wanting to work, but just imagine if he wanted to be a terrorist.

Just imagine an American wanting to be a terrorist!

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 17-7-2011 by Enter Ruin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I want to find out whose head is on a pike over at OPM over the guy's clearance being processed.

FWIW nowadays the full SF86 is only used for Secret or better. The individual in question most likely had a Public Trust clearance which is a 3 page document. MUCH easier to fudge than the SF86.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
I guess they needed someone who knows what they're doing.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Yes, but for what reason? he just wanted a job, something bums don't and instead of looking for a job (when they easily could, because they have papers) they instead rely on welfare, or ask for money at the exit of every freeway. I have yet to see a Mexican or Hispanic ask money in that way, every bum I see asking for money in the exit ramps or Wal-marts are white or black people; the Hispanics I see them outside of Home Depot willing to work for money, not asking it "for free".

P.S.

EDIT: I forgot to add the Hispanics I see at the exit of every freeway, SELLING FLOWERS OR PISTACIOS/NUTS/PEANUTS, but NEVER asking for free money because the economy is so bad.

Your pro illegal immigration and you think it suprises me that your from California?

Your blaming wanting a job as his excuse for commiting fraud?

What would you say if an illegal killed a person so that he could have his job?

You can keep your excuses in that disaster you call a state.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Becoming

P.S.

What would you say if an illegal killed a person so that he could have his job?

You can keep your excuses in that disaster you call a state.

"IF"? You're using "If"s now? Stop looking at the skin color, us American kill people everyday, even our Presidents commit massive genocides, but because it isn't US who they're killing is ok? Just to get some Oil? Please, your "IF" isn't enough. I actually have met some of those people who are more patriotic than what you would call an "American".

Btw, California isn't the only state who is having a hard time, THE WHOLE COUNTRY IS, take your head out of your back and stop spewing racist nonsense

top topics

join