It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If the sun goes ballistic, can you keep cool? Take a look at this paint additive.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I am using this to paint the topside of my underground bunker and thought I'd come here to share it in case anyone else is looking to touch all bases when it comes to protection. If it's a concern for TPTB when building New World Airport(DIA) then I guess I'll mimic their forethought.

Here is the link:

www.koolcoat.com...

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Interesting product. There is definitely some merit in the radiant barrier science. I have fully lined my attic with
reflectix to cut down on the heat gain from the pounding sun. It's good stuff and could be used to supplement your paint in a wide variety of ways.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
S&F for you gotta love sunscreen for your house, I dig it.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
And it was very inexpensive for a 97% UV protection. I love it

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by KSprepared

Very interesting. Thanks for sharing.
I wonder where the energy goes, then? It's a barrier, it says, and blocks the heat/UV even sound waves. Hmmm... If everyone painted their roofs with this like the article suggests, how many square miles of the sun's live-giving energy would bounce right back to the skies? What would happen then?

Also, is anybody else ticked off that NASA used our tax dollars to invent this, now someone has allowed it to be further developed into a consumer-grabbing, money-making product? I want my cut of the profits. It's been in use by NASA since the 50's... on our dime... and oh lookie now they will give us some, IF we give them MORE money!

Not ranting against you, OP... S&F for the info!

new topics

top topics

join