It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US soldier caught boarding flight with explosive

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Yeah.. if it was in his baggage out of reach and he didn't have means to detonate it.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

He DID NOT bring a bomb on a plane! You twist stories so much in every thread you make.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
wait a minute. A guy boards a plane with c 4 and most think its nothing to be bothering about? would you like someone on your plane having c 4 on them? would you feel comfortable?

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

C4 is an explosive. He was just dumb and probably did not know how to properly assemble it like the other plane bombers. This is not twisting any facts. Read the story. He brought explosives on the plane. He brought a bomb on a plane. Plain and simple. He is just lying to save his butt.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
reply to post by IPILYA

Authorities found no evidence that he intended any harm with the small amount of explosives in his possession.

What if he hid his intent really well or lied to investigators. Fact still remains that this guy is a potential terrorist. You going to believe just because he said he wasn't going to blow up a plane makes it true?

Yep, why? Because the military trusted him with the explosives training in the first place. Psyc testing is done on candidates. As well as the fact(by way of the article) that it was in a tobacco tube(ie. not compressed) and no detonator. Also, the article simply states it was in his baggage we do not know that it was a carry on. which I am sure they would state.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

since when did soldiers not pay tax ?

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by IPILYA

Just because the military trusts a person you are going to believe every word out of their mouth? What about the fort hood shooter. The military trusted him with a gun. He was a psychiatrist who was an expert in psychological profiling. People came to him to be trusted. Fact is still that a would be plane bomber just got stopped. Would you be comfortable flying that plane knowing a bomb was on it?

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

precisely - we need to know what else was in the tin

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
it ok in russia you don't board with bomb , bomb board with you

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Looks like the terrorists are having a hard time with this. I am not sure exactly how the TSA caught this would be plane bomber. Was it due to chemical detection or physical search.

The substance was C4, not top of the line stuff, but certainly a small amount could be used to take a plane down. This may also be something to show that the TSA is working...yea right. Fact remains that a potential terrorist was just taken off a flight.

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

I have to ask...do you assume a lot?
Did you read the article?...none of that was in the article...This is a case of a stupid kid 19 years old that is/was not thinking...innocent until proven guilty...this is still Amerika isn't it?

The only known fact is the kid had a 1/2 oz. of C4 on him.

ETA: Looks like I am not the only one that noticed your assumptions.
edit on 14-7-2011 by Holly N.R.A. because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

reply to post by IPILYA

Just because the military trusts a person you are going to believe every word out of their mouth? What about the fort hood shooter. The military trusted him with a gun. He was a psychiatrist who was an expert in psychological profiling. People came to him to be trusted. Fact is still that a would be plane bomber just got stopped. Would you be comfortable flying that plane knowing a bomb was on it?

He was fresh out of training for explosives on his way home. You keep saying he had a bomb. You are incorrect. He had a small amount of explosives. It is not a bomb without the means to detonate.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by IPILYA

Does not matter if he had the detonator or not. Maybe he was too dumb to figure that out, or maybe he had it hidden elsewhere. This terrorist is just lying to save himslelf. He is a plane bomber that just got stopped. Would you feel safe if a plane bomber was on the same plane as you?

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

Soldiers who are deployed to a Hazardous duty zone do not pay taxes. Thank God, as I came home to no job, as the Company I worked for collapsed.

But in the long run, it all ended well. Still, it was arough time.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
As for the article, with all the mess ups and violations going on with the TSA, it is nicw to see them actually find something and on a soldier no less. If it were a case of the TSA trying to boost its image I think they would have pinned it on someone a little bigger for the press.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

are you reading different reports to the rest of us ? - if not you are making lots of assumptions

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   

reply to post by IPILYA

Does not matter if he had the detonator or not. Maybe he was too dumb to figure that out, or maybe he had it hidden elsewhere. This terrorist is just lying to save himslelf. He is a plane bomber that just got stopped. Would you feel safe if a plane bomber was on the same plane as you?

I does matter. He just finished training for it, maybe you are too dumb to read that. And the rest of your statement is your own twisted speculation.

You do realize it is you who has become the terrorist, by twisting the story to fit your own paranoia, right?
edit on 14-7-2011 by IPILYA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

are you reading different reports to the rest of us ? - if not you are making lots of assumptions

No assumptions. This terrorist was caught with explosives on the plane. The would be person is most likely lying about his intent to blow up the plane to get off easier.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by IPILYA

reply to post by IPILYA

I does matter. He just finished training for it, maybe you are too dumb to read that. And the rest of your statement is your own twisted speculation.

So what if he finished training for it. If i finished training for using a m-16 rifile, I still would not be allowed to take it on a plane. The fact that he finished training has nothing to do with the fact that he brought a bomb on a plane. In fact he should have known better. This is a terrorist

Also trying to call me dumb, really shall we compare threads? What is your background?
edit on 14-7-2011 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

reply to post by Khaaaaaan!!

Soldiers shouldn't be exposed to TSA anyway.

Why should soldiers get any special treatment? If its anyone who should get special treatment it is the taxpayers.

soldiers need to be dealt with by their chain of command from start to finish in this instance. but as always, he is going to be raped from the civil side as well as the army side.

And just think of his chain of command now! poof!................all gone................just a stupid soldier.............. done.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

An explosive isn't a bomb. Gasoline isn't a bomb. Gunpowder isn't a bomb. C4 isn't a bomb.
A bomb is an explosive plus a detonator.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join