It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charges dropped on Front yard Vegetable garden Woman

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Well I hate to see how much money they already wasted but at least they dropped the misdemeanor charges.

myFOXdetroit.com - No possible jail time for Julie Bass after planting a front yard vegetable garden. The City of Oak Park has dropped the misdemeanor charges against her.

www.myfoxdetroit.com...

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

YAY!!!!

That sooooooooooooooooo just made my evening!!!

Now to go back and read the info!

Thank you so much for posting this!!!

EDIT TO ADD

And here I was going to say she should start taking pictures and call her front yard ART so they couldn't nab her up!

I'm glad she doesn't have to resort to that!!!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4e518906db2b.jpg[/atsimg]

peace
edit on 14-7-2011 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I'm sure they'll come up with some other way to harass her.

Maybe change that regulation from the vague nonsense it is to something specifically targeting any fruit bearing or edible plants not of an exclusively decorative nature.

Governments don't just roll over quietly. Theyre too self righteous and proud for that.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I am dumbfounded, did the government really just show a glimmer of intelligence?

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by itsatrap

Surely a mistake has been made.

There must be a non-sociopath involved in this. It figures one would slip through the cracks eventually.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

They're getting her for lapsed dog licenses.
I think it's just their way of saying:
"Nah nah nah. We got you anyway."

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Wow, glad to hear that the city of Oak Park woke up and realized that this was a stupid issue and that there are more serious important issues out there to take care of.

Just finished reading the article and it does look like the city is trying to get her on something. They are pursuing charges that her dogs are not licensed. She says she registered them before getting a ticket about it, and has given documentation to the prosecutor. I hope they leave this poor woman alone and let her get back to her life and gardening.

There are way to many serious crimes going on in Detroit to keep hounding her over things that do not need to be hounded over.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by theUNKNOWNawaits

Oak park being a close suburb of Detroit does indeed have much more serious things to spend money on than pursuing charges about vegetable gardens. Prosecutors and judges, and enforcement officers all get paid with your tax money. They probably spent thousands of dollars in man hours over this.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
If she's smart she will do all she can to keep the area tidy and colorful. She's drawn attention to herself and to a cause, she needs to keep on the ball. Veggie patches can get untidy and ugly very quickly.

There are many ways she can dress up a veggie patch; allow morning glory vines to climb up corn, plant Swiss chard 'Bright Lights' for electric multi-color stems, many peppers are very ornamental, tucking some annual flowers like marigolds and zinnias at the edges and petunias or portulaca to cascade over the box sides would please the eye.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
wOOT Veg soup all round.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Just an idle thought: Does she get to keep the vegetable garden? I mean, it seems like that's an implied yes; but when authorities engage in selective prosecution, they don't like to just lose and walk away. I didn't see any information in the linked page--but it seems like a point worth raising....

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by czygyny

There are pictures of her garden, I didnt think it looked bad at all. They were raised beds. here is a link with a picture

www.mlive.com...

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOMALY502

I saw the images of her garden. I also know how gnarly veggies get if not cared for, which usually happens later in the season when tomatoes get overgrown, corn is finished, onions fall over, etc. and we're tired of the upkeep.

I have extensive gardens both vegetable and ornamental. I aim to keep both as decorative as I can. If I was going to plant my vegetable garden in the front yard I would make an extra special effort to keep it as appealing as possible.

These are images from my veggie garden:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/58cb6ac9c194.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a505bcdba7ac.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8035deb51329.jpg[/atsimg]

It just takes an artistic eye and a desire to bring color and texture to any garden.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by czygyny

Beautiful! Please come do my garden!

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

I more than have enough of my own to do, kind of you to ask, though!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9c479e7244cd.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b5ee1ec76db5.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Damn right it was dropped. Paying a fine for using the land to provide for yourself and your family, what a crazy world!

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
hey nice chard and purple kale. and did i see frizzy?

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Lets be honest. That front yard looks like crap.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
i don't see why anyone should even care what is in/on another persons property. personaly i'd rather see a veggy garden then the burnt up too short weedy lawns everyone has (weeds because can't spay lawns now
).

i know of too many people getting nailed just because they have a "project car", a trailer or even a boat on their driveway. it's their home and their stuff so why not? even long grass which is healthier for the lawn is come down on. seriously it's better than haveing a crack house (which of course they can't do anything about
).

people just need to mind their own business. as long as it's not a danger like a 20 foot high bonfire, there should be no issue. guess monsanto really dosn't like people to grow their own non manipulated food
besides i have seen many "flower" gardens that are just nasty some people just don't have skills to make stuff grow. instead of making someone get rid of a veggie garden they should really be trying to get more people to do it.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SangriaRed

I agree. Some city government officials seem to have a Hitler attitude and can't allow anyone to get the better of them. Sigh...our tax dollars at work.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join