It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Last Pharao Of Bavaria?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Just found an article that could be interesting. Unfortunately there are not too many details of what the have found. I am not sure, why they would call him "pharao" and I'm curious about the 3000 year old "wooden car":

Spectacular find in Bavaria near the village in Lower Bavaria Otzing archaeologists discovered a 3000 year old, well-stocked wooden grave chamber, buried under a three-meter-high mound. Today, researchers have begun to recover its mysterious contents! ... Reason is that the deceased was buried with a wooden car as a status symbol applicable. In addition, the grave is located in one set of dishes from about 15 pottery. "That was an important person who was buried with great pomp," said archaeologist Karl Schmotz."Such rich tombs are very rare."

Source

Translation

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Great information to hear. It demonstrates that ancient civilization did exist in Germany of a fairly advanced degree.

How is it that we have such little information about European culture prior to the dark ages. They had their own unique, and very advanced form of writing that goes back at least 2,000 years ago, and probably longer. I wonder if there are any runes inscribed on any of the pieces of pottery.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by HedyLamarr
Just found an article that could be interesting. Unfortunately there are not too many details of what the have found. I am not sure, why they would call him "pharao"

Blame it on the reporting standards of De Bild. A better translation would be "chieftain" or "king" but that's probably not exactly right for the culture at the time. Think of him instead as a very rich and very influential leader, and probably one of the ones who hammered Rome's legions (and Julius Caesar) with deadly effect. Given the location (Bavaria), I wonder if he met Julius Caesar or Germanicus in battle.

and I'm curious about the 3000 year old "wooden car":

I suspect it's a bad translation of what we here in America would call a "wooden chariot." German war chariots weren't like the Roman ones we see in movies. You can see part of it in an old woodcut[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Tanngrisnir_and_Tanngnj%C3%B3str_by_Fr%C3%B8lich.jpg](clior m.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

Aw, couldn't get the link to work to the German chariot, or find it in a search.

Here is a link with pictures of two Chariots, and more about ancient European cultures.

www.beazley.ox.ac.uk...

top topics

join