It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flagellation in Modern Living Religions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Hi guys I was hoping you all might be able to help, though I am not sure this is in the right spot. If so sorry :0/

I am doing a research paper in my Mordern Living Religions class and chose to do the paper on ritualistic flagellation. Issue is, I can not seem to great real great credible info on this topic. And I want ALL religions. I know the Shi'ites practice this and so do the Catholics in the Philippines and Latin America, but I can only use articles that do not end in .com. They have to be actual articles! Since this is such a hush hush thing I was hoping some of y'all may know of some sites to look into. I have, by the way, checked out the catholic encylopedia.

I would much appreciate this, as I have to turn in my outline on Thursday with the citations.

Thanks again in advance!

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Isn't this a bit saucy for this forum?

Or is my reading comprehenson, leading me astray?

Google may help you , but you may have to turn your safe search off

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Never ever do papers on difficult subjects. In my opinion it leads to lower grades as it makes your professor look stupid if he doesn't know that much about it.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by luvforwill

I think if you really want to impress you tutors, try getting an interview with someone who practices it. Even an online interview would be fas fascinating.

Have you checked the official position of the Church on ritual S&M?

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I have googles and googled and googled every possible thing you can call it.

My professors is stoked about my paper and I just need some reliable sources. Finding some one to interview is a great idea and that will be something that I will start looking for but i have to have 3 legite articles and 1 book.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
You should also try to avoid subjects that are very hard to research. You can still pull out high grades on more common subjects as long as your paper is done properly. Why make your job harder.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by luvforwill

Hi luvforwilll,

Hope these are helpful?

Why self-flagellation matters for ShiasAs the recent case in Manchester shows, child cruelty is wrong, but for us the practice is a vital link to the heart of our Muslim faith

(an article from The Guardian, 2008)

www.guardian.co.uk...

I don't know if you will find anything useful on this website but the Centre for Social Cohesion is a UK based NGO that publish their papers online that can be downloaded as PDF

www.socialcohesion.co.uk...

Here is a link to Opus Dei

opusdei.org...

edit on 13/7/2011 by teapot because: link

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Thank you so much for the link. I appreciate them and will check them out.

As for picking something that is easier, why do something that holds no interest to me! There is stuff out there I just have to find it by digging and digging. My professor is stoked and so am I have found little information that will get me started I would like more. Any who. Thanks to all that have helped I appreciate it and if you all know of anymore please please send them my way!!

top topics

join