It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Modern Day Technology in Ancient Sumer?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
In school I was taught that the first humans developed in what is now called the “cradle of life,” near the horn of Africa. However, how could these humans have survived in nomadic tribes, supposedly roaming the world, until they came together in next door Sumer (Iraq)? This puzzled me. So, I realized that there must have been multiple civilizations all springing up at the same time.

These civilizations included the Sumerian's in ancient Iraq, the ancient Egyptians, the ancient Mayans, possibly some ancient Asian race, and the ancient Native Americans (who's origins are still unknown and shrouded in mystery).

The ancient humans were all ruled by different “Gods” and the pharaohs who spoke to the Gods. Most scientists claim that the Gods of these civilizations were all the same.

Advanced transportation was prevalent in these times. Whenever the Gods wanted to talk the people of the world they, “came to them in a vision.” Is this vision some sort of transportation technology through the mind? Or is it a simply a holographic projection of the God giving orders to the human. If you were to see a 3D movie without knowing what it was, or seeing one before wouldn't you best describe it as a vision?

Brainwashing techniques and possibly subliminal messages were used to help build massive monuments to their pharaohs and gods

Other mysteries that links Sumer as not being the first civilization lies in the fact that the Sumerian's created the first language out of thin air. They were so intrigued by this language and the writing on the tablets that they recorded everything that they did. There are over 500,000 Sumerian Tablet recordings. A simple concept of the computer hard drive! This suggests that the Sumerian's didn't invent it but learned it and took it for themselves. Who they learned it from remains undiscovered.

Farming also appeared out of nowhere and soon the Sumerian land flourished like never before and since! Remember that Sumer is present day Iraq which is desert! Many people including the authors of the Left Behind Series believe that the problem with the present day middle east lies within the limited control of resources and the leaders' greed. In the left behind series a botanist creates a formula that turns sand into grass and brings about peace in the region. A sort of Star Trek Replication device. How did the Sumerian's learn of the powers of botany to turn sand into the “cradle of life?” If they didn't have help, what else could the answer be?

Besides for farming, Sumerian's suddenly became aware of astronomy, engineering, and mathematics. Other ancient cultures were aware of these topics as well which creates some scientific and religious confusion.

It seems that suddenly humans had a huge database in which to take information and use it as they pleased to help their societies. As long as the people who spoke to the Gods allowed it to be shared. Is this an ancient version of the world wide web controlled by the alien UN and protected by the pharaohs? It is becoming clearer that ancient societies had technology that is only beginning to be available again today!

After all, what is advanced, has to have been in a simpler form before, right?
edit on 13-7-2011 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

So, in effect you're saying that ancient Sumer developed primitive versions of technologies we see today, which have been derived from progress fathered by our predecessors? Seems kinda arbitrary..
edit on 13-7-2011 by posthuman because: sumer

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

You're on the right track as far as comparing ancient Sumer to our Modern day. Have a look at this thread I made, History Begins at Sumer: Thirty-nine Firsts in Recorded History

edit on 13-7-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Your link sends people to "Before it's news" not an ATS thread...
"UFO Sighting of Six Glowing Orbs Over Moscow, Russia And Jet Comes To Check, July 2, 2011 Video."
edit on 13-7-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Ugh I hate my PC. Working on fixing the prob

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Yeah,,it seems we were basic,,then extremely smart,,then dumb again,,then now were on the way to being smart again........photon blasts from elenin erased everyones mind...kinda jokin there no need for an elenin war..

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Your post is titled "Modern Day Technology in Ancient Sumer" yet you give no evidence for this statement. If anyone has found evidence of "modern day" technology in that society I'd love to hear about it!

But you only theorise that clay tablets are to be equated with modern day hard drives.

But you suggest that a culture couldn't have developed writing? Which can only imply that they must have been given this ability by somebody else? Perhaps you are suggesting "ancient alien intervention"?

Then throw in that the different societies' gods must have been the same gods?

OP, I feel that your title is misleading to the average ATS reader. You've stated a fact in your title but your thread contains nothing of he sort. Please provide evidence to support your title.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by WhoKnows100

Thanx for the input I will edit the title.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
In school I was taught that the first humans developed in what is now called the “cradle of life,” near the horn of Africa. However, how could these humans have survived in nomadic tribes, supposedly roaming the world, until they came together in next door Sumer (Iraq)? This puzzled me. So, I realized that there must have been multiple civilizations all springing up at the same time.

These civilizations included the Sumerian's in ancient Iraq, the ancient Egyptians, the ancient Mayans, possibly some ancient Asian race, and the ancient Native Americans (who's origins are still unknown and shrouded in mystery).

Well you're getting better at this....
Below are the Six accepted "Cradle Civilization" locations of which you speak.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b6767f2ce164.png[/atsimg]

The ancient humans were all ruled by different “Gods” and the pharaohs who spoke to the Gods. Most scientists claim that the Gods of these civilizations were all the same.

There were a whole plethora of different "gods" they came in all different shapes, sizes, colors and dispositions. Some nicer than others. [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/96e684575dad.gif[/atsimg]

Advanced transportation was prevalent in these times.

Really? Do tell...

Whenever the Gods wanted to talk the people of the world they, “came to them in a vision.” Is this vision some sort of transportation technology through the mind?

Sort of like the Borg from Start Trek?

Or is it a simply a holographic projection of the God giving orders to the human. If you were to see a 3D movie without knowing what it was, or seeing one before wouldn't you best describe it as a vision?

Brainwashing techniques and possibly subliminal messages were used to help build massive monuments to their pharaohs and gods

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ff0b4d40f152.gif[/atsimg]

Other mysteries that links Sumer as not being the first civilization lies in the fact that the Sumerian's created the first language out of thin air. They were so intrigued by this language and the writing on the tablets that they recorded everything that they did.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/910a5cff6f39.gif[/atsimg]
Which also included a "Flood Story" similar to and predates Noah of the Bible. Which some have speculated was it's original source.

There are over 500,000 Sumerian Tablet recordings. A simple concept of the computer hard drive!

I've never defragged a Clay tablet but I'm game....

This suggests that the Sumerian's didn't invent it but learned it and took it for themselves. Who they learned it from remains undiscovered.

Um ok......

Farming also appeared out of nowhere and soon the Sumerian land flourished like never before and since! Remember that Sumer is present day Iraq which is desert!

There are also some ancient rivers [Also mentioned in the bible] Also read up on the hanging gardens etc etc etc.

Many people including the authors of the Left Behind Series believe...

Never mind, Too easy

In the left behind series.....

A sort of Star Trek Replication device.

Now we're talking!

How did the Sumerian's learn of the powers of botany to turn sand into the “cradle of life?” If they didn't have help, what else could the answer be?

Voodoo? I dunno. Why don't you tell us. I'm on the edge of my seat here...

Besides for farming, Sumerian's suddenly became aware of astronomy, engineering, and mathematics. Other ancient cultures were aware of these topics as well which creates some scientific and religious confusion.

Now I'm confused, I thought we were going to find out what happened already

Is this an ancient version of the world wide web controlled by the alien UN and protected by the pharaohs? It is becoming clearer that ancient societies had technology that is only beginning to be available again today!

edit on 13-7-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join