It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Anon is Hacking (Opinion)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Hey,
After doing some thinking after watching a few of Anon's youtube video's, it struck me that possibly Anonymous is hacking so many online databases and companies so that the Government has no choice but to implement the kill switch (cutting the access to internet). If the kill switch occurred, people would revolt and finally start this "revolution" that Anon is talking about.

It happened in Eqypt when the internet was cut, why not in America.

Just some food for thought.

edit on 12-7-2011 by STONEcoleD because: clarify what the kill switch was

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Great thought bro. But I think the government is gradually realizing how self-destructive that would be.

link   
Take a look at some of the anon threads on here, they'll knock your socks off =P

Arrest one, 10 more take their place.
edit on 12/7/11 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

link   
I would actually think it's very plausible for this to be caused by the government. I'm usually the last to back up any conspiracies but in order to pass some of the legislation they want in regards to the internet they need a bigger reason than what they have now.

Enter the groups like this. Seems a bit strange to me.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by lastbleedingvictim

Thanks, it would be almost like a movie plot for a group to push a government to such extremes, but it is what the US needs to finally start getting the truth, in my opinion.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by STONEcoleD

Alternatively, their activities provide a pretext for draconian legislation. If they are a cultivated and subverted movement, provoking an event which could also provide a pretext for martial law isn't out of the question.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

Yeah, Anon is what the world needs right now, I just hope their plan works out.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
The Government will never throw the kill switch, unless the Revolution begins on its own.

As power hungry as they are, they are smart. They know that doing so would cause such an uprising.

What they will do is crackdown on the internet. Mass censorship and ISP taps.

Imagine if they sold it like they sold the Patriot Act? "Homeland Security" needs us to censor the internet. The masses would believe it and be pacified. Over time you could root out every blog and disenting website. Slowly, the internet could go from free to enclosed without much of a fight.

If Anonymous is hoping for that, they will be waiting for a long time.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I think it's just a group of very smart people who are doing what they can to fight the system, all while remaining anonymous as to prevent them from being incarcerated (except for the unlucky few). It could be debated that they are doing more harm then good, but at least they're doing SOMETHING.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by isthisreallife

You don't think that there would be a revolt even with mass censorship, I know if something like that happened, I would do as much as I could to stop it, and I hope others do as well.

Also, how powerful do you think Anon is, could they hack the governments system that censors the internet (when they do). That would give the government a huge scare if Anon managed to hack the censoring.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by theshepherd92

I fail to see what harm they have caused. Exposing people that take advantage of the masses is far from a harm.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by STONEcoleD
reply to post by isthisreallife

You don't think that there would be a revolt even with mass censorship, I know if something like that happened, I would do as much as I could to stop it, and I hope others do as well.

No. The general masses would not. If it did not block Twitter, Facebook, Amazon, etc. no one would complain. If it was only sites like this where people can congregate and discuss problems with our Governments and society, no one would revolt.

One man, ten men, one hundred men. They can do nothing against the Military-Industrial Complex.

Also, how powerful do you think Anon is, could they hack the governments system that censors the internet (when they do). That would give the government a huge scare if Anon managed to hack the censoring.

Anonymous is like the 6th grade bully. They are big and strong against weak opponents like 4th graders. But then they go to Middle School (of course this represents the Government systems) and they're small fish. Sure, they might be able to hack the servers, maybe even DDoS their systems so they have to temporarily shut them down. But when we talk about true hacking, they're like shooting arrows at cinderblocks.
edit on 12-7-2011 by isthisreallife because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by STONEcoleD

Cool story bro.

This very special thought of yours came across of everyone's minds as well. Why don't you do a search on threads about Anonymous. Open up any thread. This already has been brought up and discussed numerous times in almost each and every single one.

As others have pointed out before,

GOOD shut down the internet. It'll finally wake up these sheeple to do something about their government walking all over them. You mentioned Egypt. Yes their government shut down their internet and the people shut down the government.

Shut down the internet! THE SOONER THE BETTER.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by balon0

The second part of your post is simply restating my post.
That is a "cool story bro".

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
How is this breaking political news? In order for them to shut down the net here in America they would be shutting down the whole worlds net and really piss off many nations. Commerce depends on the net. I find it odd that Anon is such a threat to the U.S. if they are really just script kids. They are either many pro hackers or highly trained Russians, Chinese or the CIA themselves.

I would bet on anyone of the last three. Anon is dangerous because not even other members know who each other is, other than some online personas.

The net went down in Egypt a while after the rioting started. Anon tried to get it back up but then again Soros and his gang wanted that to be up. Remember how these riots started in every country, Facebook and AQ type groups killing the troops in said countries.
edit on 12-7-2011 by Sky watcher because: added stuff

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
If ANON wanted to really help out the American people they would lock up the FEDs computers, do the same with the banks but make sure every mortgage that is under $300,000.00 gets switched to paid in full or make them disapear all together.

new topics

top topics

join