It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

KBI, Local Law Enforcement, US Military, and ICE called out...for marijuna field?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

KBI, Local Law Enforcement, US Military, and ICE called out...for marijuna field?!

www.kwch.com

Original Story

Eyewitness News is following up on tips out of Beaumont, Kansas where law enforcement agencies are investigating.

Authorities are working near the twin bridges on U.S. 400 near the rest stop.

We've called several agencies across the state, but none have confirmed any information.

We have a crew headed for the scene, look for updates as soon as they become available.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Something just didn't add up with this all day. Heading out at 5am with the military involved. Not letting local news agencies in on anything until around noon our time, and now they claim it's simply "a marijuana field"? I dont belive a word of it! Around our county here in kansas, if a field is ever found (no matter the size) 1 local sheriff goes out, with the fire dept to destroy the crop. Simple as that. The way they converged is just border line psychotic for this. I am a former firefighter myself and know the local protocols on handling things like this, and no where no way does it ever mention "activating the military". Look at the pics up on the website and you'll see the humvees and one pic earlier showed a blackhawk leaving the scene and 3 hemmit's there. I can't find that pic anymore though.

www.kwch.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Our tax dollars at work.

This isn't a war against drugs, it's a war against the american people and nature.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
If this is in fact the truth, overkill doesn't even begin to describe this! What could the military possibly be needed for with a pot field find, I just cant process it. Especially when I know our counties rules and regulations for dealing with such a thing. Just beyond bizarre.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
They're overfunded and bored so to keep their "training" up and to justify the outrageous money pit they are they have to be used for all sorts of absurd things.

I'm going to see if I can create a viable rumor that acorns get you high. Let's see the government wipe out oak trees.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Maybe something else was found there amongst the weeds that is more sensitive.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I believe the tips come from military surveillance of US citizens. If it was spread out pockets of plants over several square miles the local authorities may have needed a little on the scene hand holding. nothing new

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Could be that the people are getting a bit more protective of their pot fields. I understand the government's need to create stupid laws and enforce them but I'm getting damn tired of pretending like I respect them.

Cannabis has been proven to be beneficial on many levels. It is fairly well known that it is unfairly categorized as it is, and it is not going to continue to be MY problem that the pharma companies can't figure out how to gouge us for it.

So, after demonstrating the growing attitude regarding this it should be obvious that the authorities are going to have to keep upping the level of their response in order to pound us down and beat us into submission. No more Mr. Niceguy stuff. It's not working, obviously.

edit on 13-7-2011 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

Could be that the people are getting a bit more protective of their pot fields.

Yeah good point, it's not uncommon for the growers to booby-trap their sites. Maybe this one took it to the next level.

But hey, it's not like the growers were the ones who declared war. There are people out there who will die if they don't get their medicine.

new topics

top topics

join