It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China conquering new battle frontier – space!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   

China conquering new battle frontier – space!

zeenews.india.com

"China's constellation of satellites is transitioning from the limited ability to collect general strategic information, into a new era in which it will be able to support tactical operations as they happen," the report said.

"China may already be able to match the United States' ability to image a known, stationary target and will likely surpass it in the flurry of launches planned for the next two years."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.csmonitor.com

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Lets face it, it's not as if we all were not aware of this and lets not forget that china is more or less buying up nations debt like a kid in a candy store. If this article is correct and if you read on it gives some valid points regarding its military ability in defending itself beyond the horizon one wonders when that small red button will be pushed.

Lets not forget the threat about a "cyber attack" can bee seen and will justify a military response. Is it me, or is everyone in the world in trigger happy mode ?

zeenews.india.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 12-7-2011 by cerebralassassins because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Militarizing space is inevitable.
It will probably radically change the way of life on Earth, after we are introduced to advancing technologies and mass production of space materials.
Sad there needs to be a war over it but....

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

I sit at home at times and ponder what if i had a chance to address the world leaders what would i say to them and guess what one of my opening statements would be.

Combine your knowledge and wealth and lets build a space station and begin together as a species exploring the universe. Weapons on board the station would be allowed for defensive purposes but on earth only planet threatening weapons are from here on to be allowed as research and development, all form of conventional or tactical earth weapons must be stopped and phased out of production.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Space is naturally the next theatre for war. Once things on the ground get advanced enough that wars become fleeting moments in time, space will become the next battlefield.

This may be some years away, or maybe happening to a certain degree now, but it will be an enevitable route for which mankind will go down.

Space is an untapped resource and is to humankind perspective, infinite.

I do also believe that when star wars properly takes place, we will be shown how insiginificant we are compared to other worlds (the EBE's). They have been visiting us to lead us to a certain development stage. When we get there, do you think they will allow us to go further?, I think not. We cannot be that close minded to think we will be capable of destroying other worlds when we are so content on detsroying our own. They will contain us and appropriatley monitor and control us. This control may not be in way that we are imprisioned but by containment in our own area of space.

The space battelfield will then become us v's them.

The odds are stacked well against us at that point
edit on 12-7-2011 by Gregandgemma because: Spelling!

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Gregandgemma

Given that haarp is well known or should i say its theatrical applications upon earth and its effects are well documented, so i would guess if we advance to a level of let say, space defensive weapons then the easiest and non traceable mode of warfare would be to create multiple 9.0 earthquakes over a one week period and then they would sit back and watch us as we watch ants when we step on one of their hills.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I think China was the second country after Russia to realise they needed their own version of the GPS system, since they can't use GPS for tactical targeting themselves. (US would just shut down communication access with the satellites for the Chinese.)

I wonder what country will be next, probably India.

China probably has also some kind of X37B and more stuff up there, they pretty good at hiding their secrets.

I think the first war in space will be a silent one kept out of the media.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
We shot lasers at China's satellites in space...they shot lasers at our satellites in space.

Who's to say that Chinese missile that shot down a satellite wasn't our satellite?

And the resulting US counter measure of shooting down a satellite wasn't a Chinese satellite?

The shooting's already started folks. China's not at our level of space superiority, but maybe they could give us a run for our money.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
We shot lasers at China's satellites in space...they shot lasers at our satellites in space.

Who's to say that Chinese missile that shot down a satellite wasn't our satellite?

And the resulting US counter measure of shooting down a satellite wasn't a Chinese satellite?

The shooting's already started folks. China's not at our level of space superiority, but maybe they could give us a run for our money.

Any links to your points or just a theory?

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
China is in the G8 since 2001 , so maybe illuminati plan is to build new spacecraft in China : high tech + cheap .
Obama cancelled Project Constellation the new private built fleet and is using up the shuttle programs last runs. America apparently doesnt have plans to rival China - but they dont need to . Astronaut/site safety vs experimental programs etc = potentially also $cheap in China.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I really couldn't say how true this is, but for the sake of argument let's say it is true. One could imagine that if China were going to overtake the US in the space race a large factor is likely to be money. That is the US needs some new satellites, but cannot afford them.

Imagine for a moment that we lived in a society without money and that everyone simply did whatever they wanted to or whatever they felt was necessary. The POTUS could simply say to the populace "Hey we need satellites, if we do not build satellites China will conquer us." Then it would be up to the populace to decide one way or the other, they either build the satellites or become citizens of China. Without money it wouldn't matter how much something costs, you could literally create anything you put your mind to even if it would've cost a trillion dollars. After all given this situation I would imagine the populace would choose to build the satellites rather than become citizens of China.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Symbiot

Well as it always happen to circulate money through a slow economy you simply print money and at a later stage that money is taken out of circulation through the banks. They use methods like easier financing for the common man or woman to purchase consumer goods or business loans. As i said, its a common move but effective the difficult part is timing, its all about timing.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by cerebralassassins

I would like to thank Clinton for giving away the house to them, and also follow up with Bush Jr. Funny how we have our equipment crash in China and no one cares when Clinton was in office? I voted for Bush to repeal that cr@p. and is no better.

nd the action comes three days after the Chinese Embassy in Belgrade was inadvertently bombed in a NATO raid, touching off angry street protests in Beijing.
L:ink

Congress has been concerned about whether U.S. firms, in exporting satellites, provided expertise to China for use in its ballistic missile and space programs and whether the Administration’s policies might facilitate transfers of military-related technology to China. This CRS Report discusses security concerns, policy changes, congressional action, and a chronology of major developments since 1988. Some critics opposed satellite exports to China, while others were concerned that the Clinton Administration relaxed export controls and monitoring of commercial satellites in moving the licensing authority from the State Department to Commerce in 1996. A range of concerns were prompted by New York Times reports in April 1998 that the Justice Department began a criminal investigation into whether Loral Space and Communications Ltd. and Hughes Electronics Corp. violated export control laws

Link

Clinton sold us out.Bush followed his lead, neither party is trustworthry.

Newly declassified documents show that President Bill Clinton personally approved the transfer to China of advanced space technology that can be used for nuclear combat. The documents show that in 1996 Clinton approved the export of radiation hardened chip sets to China. The specialized chips are necessary for fighting a nuclear war. "Waivers may be granted upon a national interest determination," states a Commerce Department document titled "U.S. Sanctions on China." "The President has approved a series of satellite related waivers in recent months, most recently in November, 1996 for export of radiation hardened chip sets for a Chinese meteorological satellite," noted the Commerce Department documents.
Newsmax

edit on 7/12/2011 by mugger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by cerebralassassins
reply to post by Symbiot

Well as it always happen to circulate money through a slow economy you simply print money and at a later stage that money is taken out of circulation through the banks. They use methods like easier financing for the common man or woman to purchase consumer goods or business loans. As i said, its a common move but effective the difficult part is timing, its all about timing.

If your original story is true then it would seem that the strategy you mentioned here is not exactly a winning strategy. Perhaps it's time for something new.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
You know this thread actually reminds me of a game of Civilization V I played about a week ago.

I was in the lower right quadrant of a land mass shaped like the letter C, there was another land mass and I think maybe 5 other nations on my land mass, 8 or 9 total. I decided to form a few research agreements with the nation in the upper right quadrant of the C, figuring he was far enough away and I'd have time to deal with him later if need be. After conquering a few small nations and taking control of the whole lower half of the C I noticed that the guy I had been 'working' with had taken over the entire upper half of the C.

At this point I'm realizing that maybe I should have divided my research agreements with a variety of nations rather than mainly him as now he was pretty much as powerful as myself. We had about the same amount of land, my military technology was SLIGHTLY more advanced, but his army was larger not too mention that even though I had slightly better technology, I did not have the money to upgrade my military so my smaller standing army was actually the same as his technologically speaking.

The mid section of the C became quite a bit like the demilitarized zone between North and South Korea, it was quite the stand off. He, Persia, kept messaging me to let me know my military was puny and I had better "watch my back." My military advisors said that I should in no circumstances consider a war with this gentleman. I noticed his military was growing larger, my manufacturing sector was busy amongst other tasks and I didn't have the money to increase the size of my military anyway. Score wise I was a bit higher, but each turn his score increased more than mine, I knew I would loose the game if I sat idle, the time to act was now.

There wasn't time to increase the size of my army so I decided to go the technological route. I had plenty of luxury items in my land mass so I sold them to France and Arabia on the other continent then initiated a Golden Age. This provided the wealth necessary to upgrade a few of my military units. A full frontal assault on the border would've been suicide as his manufacturing base was enormous, he'd have had no trouble reinforcing his lines and I found his newly created troops were just about matching mine technologically, but I still had a slight technological upper hand.

I cooked up a daring divide and conquer strategy. The vast majority of my troops were on the border, moving them would've led to his invasion of me I'm sure, but I knew that his empire must've been the same, most of his troops were on our border. It was dangerous because I had to leave the main section of my empire virtually defenseless, but this was winner take all. I sent four mechanized infantry units and 2 destroyers over the ocean to hit him where he least expected it. I figured if I could take just one city he would need to split his forces for at least a moment giving me the chance to move in on our border.

It worked exactly as planned. I kept my border troops on the defensive, which gave me the upper hand considering my troops fought better on my territory. I took one then another city in the main section of his empire, he could not reinforce the border. Any newly manufactured troops of his went to fighting me on his home front, largely one by one so they were somewhat easily defeated. I used my destroyers to help defend my infantrymen while they were on the offensive. By now I had been able to produce a few more units and send them across the ocean to reinforce my offensive units. His border units are on their last leg so I send my border units on the offensive, his back was broken. His messages about my puny military had switched to pleas for peace. This was a video game, I'm in it to win it. My forces squashed his remaining empire like a vice.

My empire was now twice the size it once was. My technology was unmatched, I owned the seas, the sky and the land. France and Arabia never thought once about an invasion I'm sure. I claimed a technological victory. It was risky, but I suppose when your back's against the wall you've gotta take a chance on something.

Edit: Luck played a bit of a role too. As it turns out the first two cities of his that I captured ended up being former independent city states, I had the option to occupy or free them. I chose to free them creating two instant allies that promptly declared war on my foe. I only had a few troops on the offensive there, these allies were invaluable. My troops took several hard hits, I now had the opportunity to send my damaged troops back to friendly territory to heal up while others went on some blitzkrieg like attacks. I guess the gaming Gods were on my side.
edit on 12-7-2011 by Symbiot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
This sounds like a dream Donald Rumsfeld once had..................
2nd

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

The fact is China at some point in time will stake its claim and it wont be on a financial level but rather on a military level. In any case, it wont be several shells being exchanged but rather bloody battle as both sides have formidable weapons.

new topics

top topics

join