It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Getting sick of people calling on certain members..

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
How many times have you entered a thread and seen people calling on other members like this person knows everything about anything? I - for one - am sick of it. It's giving these people a snotty attitude and a horrible sense of self gratification that they see themselves as above other people. I am unsure if it would be a bad idea to use actual forum names on here to call them out, but if you would really like to know my opinion you can U2U me on who I think needs to turn their E-PEEN down a few hundred notches. So any-who... Why do people do this? Do they think people on here are like super scientists or something? It gives less credit to other people who have very valid points and give the facts BEFORE these "Super Anon's" (I use the word "super" in a very undignifying way) get into such threads. If you want to see a few of these /r/ -tards then please refer to the "Way Above Top Secret" page

WATS

Thank you

edit on 12-7-2011 by scghst1 because: None

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by scghst1

What happened? You hit the self destruct button?

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
"THEY" are trying to silence him!!!

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide

Hahaha! i accidentally hit the post button before I wrote anything!

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by iNkGeEk

LOL! read my above reply for your answer

BTW I love your avatar!

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by scghst1

i think i will wait for phage`s opinion on this

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
reply to post by scghst1

Now that was hilarious.

Phage scars me dude. I think its his/her avatar

But I know what the OP is talking about. I've been to those threads and its like those people are like gods, "Lets wait and see what so and so says. "
edit on 12-7-2011 by JustBreathe11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
reply to post by scghst1

Lol i was going to post somthing very similar

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

Exactly my point! It's stupid though.. Why does one person have to be better than the entire community to have to come into boards and be rude to every other member who might not as educated in the matter as others and then have a P-poor attitude with them and rule everyone else under them? its BS if you ask me, and actually, should be put in the T&C as a violation. If someone wants another persons opinion, then U2U them about the thread of what your asking rather than undermine everyone else in the thread!

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Not to wade in here being as I have no idea what you are talking about specifically, but somehow your rant caught my attention. I guess I would say the more you focus on the content of the posts and the less onthe person making them, the smoother the experience is going to be. Just ignore the board drama if it gets to you and focus on finding/creating good stuff, and somehow everything will work out for the better for everyone. Just my two cents/

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Yes very much so, got personal and off topic...and guess who was the one punished cos she had less stars than them...ME!....they even boasted they had...got fined 2,000 points (whatever that means). They are still on the thread ripping everyone apart and still 'off topic' and haven't had single warning...That's why I'm getting fed up....My husband has said maybe the mods are acting about 14 yrs old...It's def got worse!

Sorry Mods but you are losing it!!!!

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by scghst1

I never knew there was a page over there I could access. You have really shown me something new and so I book marked it. Some of the topics sounded a darn sight more interesting than some of the garden variety stuff we get here in the forum for the stupid people. lol Which is filled with predictions, complaints and look at the strange light I filmed with my camera wiggling all over the place, most likely a streetlamp.
I saw what posters are over there. Didn't see any budding Einsteins as far as I know? Remember there is a not so fine line between an expert opinion and a blowhard tooting his own horn. Information is information and I try to skip the fancy floor show and consider it all after the veil of the presenter is dropped.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
The funny thing is that I had an idea of who you were talking about before I even scanned the list, before I read anything past the headline really. The interesting thing is that many of these people are known hardcore debunkers. There is an interesting psychology at play but, in part, it is reflective of the marginalization of alternative perspectives that runs the world at large. Meh. People will say what they say and believe what they believe. The Truth doesn't need either to exist.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
There are sometimes I sit at my computer, and wonder, what actually qualifies them to gain so many stars for a comment, is it that they actually work in a particular field? Or do they just read a lot.

I reckon a thread would be good inviting members to speak of their area of expertise, not details, just whether they are a physicist, or historian.

That way next time I read a thread where they are participating, I can know just how much salt to take with their comments

edit on 12-7-2011 by solargeddon because: take has a "t" at the begining doh

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by solargeddon

Yeah I completely agree with this idea. I wonder why they get so many stars and flags... I wonder if it is just because their name is well known and have been here forever and people say "Oh there is So-and-so, SO I will give them a star and a flag just because I like their posts, rather than on the basis of denying ignorance!"

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by scghst1

ok - having had my slice of mischeivious frivolity , the serious answer :

thank you for starting this thread - its a source of irritation to me too

to be blunt , i dont give a rats ass what phage thinks - though i am glad he actually demonstrates that he can , and gratefull that he does post his opinion in rebutal of the often shocking ignorance [ which often borders on willfull ] and the dishonesty that pemeates many threads he addresses

the problem is IMHO shear laziness - and a reluctance to either educate themselves , or be educated - but attention spans are short - and thinking for ones self and researching a topic is both demanding and time consuming - so the intulectually bankrupt just sit back and wait to be sppon fed

and while the long knives are out - the " i want to believe " element , deserve a stab too - there are precious few who actually attempt to verify the veracity of any claims made - the majority too are lazy and deman that skeptics "debunk" the claim , clinging as long as posible to the mantra ` it hasnt been debunked yet ` as a crutch to allow blind belief - without actually doing anything to see if it actually is

did i miss any one ?

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Loved your reply... All I have to say!

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   

gratefull that he does post his opinion

I have never seen Phage post an opinion. He gives salient facts and tells what he knows concerning the topic, no more and no less. Remember that Phage as good as he is is not the last word. He may not know everything, in fact I am sure he doesn't, but you are right he can think.
Many people do wait and see if an object or sighting is debunked by others and that is why the structure of a forum works so well everyone can share what they know and don't know equally. People can then try and strain the truth out of the soup.
I think it would be helpful if we had a short biography on some of the "experts" to see where they get their credentials from.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   

the " i want to believe " element , deserve a stab too - there are precious few who actually attempt to verify the veracity of any claims made

Not for nothing but...if the claims could be unequivocally verified the sighting would not be up for speculation. They are all questionable and hence the conspiracy.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by scghst1

Nobody likes a butt kissing suck up.
I think we can all agree on that and I think that is really what this thread is about.
People who scrape and bow to the so called "experts" and lay out a red carpet for them.

Oh just wait until so and so gets here...or great answer so and so, you really told them!

Can I get you a cool drink sir? Peel your grapes?

Yes, that all does make me a little nauseous too.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join