It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a Provable Absolute Reality? Or is all Physics and Science only Relative Speculation?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Can you really question a reality we only know of from "our" muscle memory? The only reason why we see the things we see or feel the things we feel is because we simply see it or sense it. Everything we expect to see or feel is going to be there. Unless it's erased from our time. What you should be asking yourself is this really a dream?

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlienView
In blogs I wrote in the past I always made the claim that there is no provable reality. Lately on ATS on posts having to do with the ET UFO phenomena I have gotten into debates with knowledgeable science and math people who keep arguing science makes ET/aliens visiting us impossible and base their 'proof' by giving current scientific data showing the known physical universe would make it impossible. I claim the known universe is not necessarily
'The' universe. Or then again there is no provable unchangeable universe and site the way nuclear physics and Einstein in the 20th Century changed both reality and the universe. So again is it possible that aliens [ETs] see a more advanced scientific reality which allows intergalactic space travel etc. What do you think?
edit on 12-7-2011 by AlienView because: Spelling correction

I think that basing your universal ideals on the theories of a smart (not brilliant) scientist, made legend more by the world around him than his actual ability, can be dangerous. A large portion of the thinkers on the earth are merely compounding on established ideas so his minor failures would be compounded by the generations come after.

If established scientific theories about the size and scope of the universe hold true, then the fact that there is alien life form should be considered an absolute certainty. Anyone that claims to be a rational thinker should support the idea.

How god fits into the situation, in all the wonderous forms, doesn't change that fact. After Buddha taught us to worship our selves(instead of the sun and moon) through enlightenment, our worldwide religious ideals have focused inward, not outward. Religion is no longer about understanding the universe, it's about understanding our role in it. Things have been this way for over two thousand years.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join