It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Art, Magic and the Higher Self with Alan Moore

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Here is a small documentary focusing on Alan Moore, creator of the "Watchmen" series and also "V for Vendetta". In this documentary Alan Moore explains the relationship between magic and creation, art and magic and takes you on a wild ride that is bound to be dynamite for any creative person. Although even if you're not creatively oriented then he still has some incredibly interesting things to say.

He has a very unique take on these issues and I feel that people on here will enjoy it, IT'S MAGIC!!!

It comes in eight parts or in a full length video on youtube, the first three parts are mainly concerned with his artistic career. He does also discredit some conspiracy theory which I found irritating, although if you look at what he's actually saying there is definitely some substance.

I urge you to watch part 5 although I think it may break the T & C to post it as there are some naked drawings that are shown, not sure if it is a violation.

I hope you all liked it, fascinating stuff.

Here are the first two videos for people interested also.

edit on 12-7-2011 by sir_slide because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Go grab and read Alan Moore's "Promethea". It's an amazing magic essay, a GREAT comicbook and well, you can also learn a lot for yourself by reading it.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Caggy

Thanks a lot for the tip friend, I am relatively new to his work actually. Cheers

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide

I watched all 8 parts... this is really incredible. Very deep thinker, I love it.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by sylvie

Yeah it's rather amazing isn't it? I'm really keen on the concept of Idea-Space, and how he relates it to the soul and the higher self etc, creation wise its dynamite. Another thing I really took from it was what he says about creating for the purpose of creating being the purest of actions, setting aside the wants of success and doing for the sole purpose of creating something to move your audience, it's a beautiful concept.

Thanks for the response!

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by sylvie

Yeah it's rather amazing isn't it? I'm really keen on the concept of Idea-Space, and how he relates it to the soul and the higher self etc, creation wise its dynamite. Another thing I really took from it was what he says about creating for the purpose of creating being the purest of actions, setting aside the wants of success and doing for the sole purpose of creating something to move your audience, it's a beautiful concept.

Thanks for the response!

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
some very interesting ideas the man has. More like philosophies rather than mere ideas. I too believe the end of the world will not be the death of all humans, but the Apocolapse will be the end of the world as we know it, hopefully soon as i am rather sick of the world we live in today. I think it will be a global finacial failure that will change the world, but i might be wrong

new topics

top topics

join