It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don Yeomans With The Truth About Comet Elenin

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Comet Elenin will sweep past Earth in late 2011. NASA’s Don Yeomans says its passage is nothing unusual and no dramatic events are expected.

It seems that the closest this will come to earth is 22 million miles.

For some reason astronomers don’t understand, this comet has been associated by doomsdayers with various prophecies (“Thirst and famine when the comet will pass.” – Nostradamus: Century 2, Quatrain 62). Yet it is only an ordinary comet after all. At its closest point, Elenin will pass 35 million kilometers (22 million miles) from us, or nearly 100 times the moon’s distance, according to Don Yeomans of NASA’s Near-Earth Object Program Office at NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena, California. He said:

This comet is also comparably smaller to other spotted, and it's mass make up is not dense enough to cause any effects here on earth.

Comet Elenin will not only be far away, it is also on the small side for comets. And comets are not the most densely-packed objects out there. They usually have the density of something akin to loosely packed icy dirt. So you’ve got a modest-sized icy dirtball that is getting no closer than 35 million kilometers. It will have an immeasurably miniscule influence on our planet. By comparison, my subcompact automobile exerts a greater influence on the ocean’s tides than comet Elenin ever will.

It appears that the comet will be at it's closest on October 16 at 22 million miles. So I am wondering if wild Elenin claims will taper off and die after the 16th of October? What do you think?

Don Yeomans with the truth about Comet Elenin
edit on 11-7-2011 by keepureye2thesky because: To Add Linky-poo

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
GREAT! That comet sounds pretty cool, did he happen to mention anything about the brown dwarf star that is coming in with it?

edit on 11-7-2011 by Helious because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by keepureye2thesky

It appears that the comet will be at it's closest on October 16 at 22 million miles. So I am wondering if wild Elenin claims will taper off and die after the 16th of October? What do you think?

Yes, but they will immediately be re-attached to anything that an astronomer discovers on October 17.
edit on 11-7-2011 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-7-2011 by DJW001 because: Edit to correct formatting.

link   
I don't think so, The Doomers will just change the date and talk for another year about how it's gonna kill us all on its return in 2012. This isn't going away any time soon I fear.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

First we'll have to deal with them switching their fear over to 2005 YU55. Then once that passes they'll start to look through recent discoveries for the next object that is going to kill us all.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
No matter what kind of proof is shown, some people here will continue to think Elenin is going to cause catastrophic events here on earth.

Threads that spread doom and gloom will always whip up the paranoia on this site. Sometimes I think people here have a wish of seeing a cataclysmic event coming true. The only way they will realize these threads are playing on the fear of some members, is when the event passes without fan fare.

The sad thing is, something else will take its place based upon someone calling wolf.

Now some poster will call me a dis-info agent.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
If it glows red in the sky (Like Holmes glowed blue) I will absolutely crapiola my pants and get a deeeeeeeeeeeeep hide away underground.

If not, well i'll sweat it through till the end of 2011 then party hard. I fear ATS is getting to me lol.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001

Yes, but they will immediately be re-attached to anything that an astronomer discovers on October 17.

edit on 11-7-2011 by DJW001 because: Edit to correct formatting.

lol, DJ, I swear, if anybody posts anything about Elenin, you are on it like white on rice man, you must really really like comets.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

I agree with DJ on this one. We live in the 21st century we all know that comets aren't the evil bringers of plague, pestilence, and death that they were thought to be in earlier times. Now if this was 1000CE I would understand people freaking out but it's 2011. IF a comet were going to collide with Earth we would know about it. There are plenty of amateur astronomers that would see it and be talking if such a thing were to happen.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I felt the same as all of you. Once this passes it will be followed by the next.
But I think there will be some that cling and cling and cling, even after it has passed us.

It would seem that there is amazing amount of comets out there and this should surely fuel future conspiracy theories.

By taking the size of the Oort cloud into account, and the number of long-period comets that have been seen, astronomers estimate that a staggering one 'trillion' (12 zeros) comets may be waiting out there!

Source

Lets hope none of those trillions become a real threat. But after observing and reading evidence and information here I have personally concluded that Elenin is nothing to worry about. In fact it's a very young comet, so I think
this is a wonderful thing. It allows astronomers and the like to study a comet at an early stage.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

"I guarantee on the morning and afternoon and forever more on March 16th, the world will be exactly as it is as I write this, 2-10-2011. Totally, 120%. PERIOD!--THERE WILL BE NO DISASTER OR IMPACT OF ANY KIND ON MARCH 15TH, 2011!!"

Questions?

Robert
Pan America
USA
Have Jeep, Have Heart, Will Travel
Last edited by Robert_Stephens; 02-10-2011 at 08:04 PM.

-----Terral ate this guy's lunch. He disappeared from the boards over there in March, after the tsunami.

No fear, they were hiring at Micky Dees then so he's OK

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

I agree with DJ on this one. We live in the 21st century we all know that comets aren't the evil bringers of plague, pestilence, and death that they were thought to be in earlier times.

Plague is still a very large possibilty - or a pestillence introduced via microbes released by debis entering the atmosphere from the tail. thats not been ruled out what so ever.

Now if this was 1000CE I would understand people freaking out but it's 2011.

Comets are cool I agree, but we still need to keep an eye on the little critters. Just in case.

IF a comet were going to collide with Earth we would know about it. There are plenty of amateur astronomers that would see it and be talking if such a thing were to happen.

hahahaha not a frigging chance. The first probability of an impact and the governments would shut # down so fast we wouldn't have a clue till the day after.

If an amateur did come on ATS or any other web site they would be utterly raped by the total tide of skeptic abuse thrown at them.

Either way the governments win and we don't pay attention to the voice in the wilderness... till its too late.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
THERE WILL BE NO IMPACT OF ANY KIND.

It is very small and not much to worry about. some people are making a big deal out of the dates saying when it will be in a certain place at a certain time, like 9/11 crap like that. Other then numbers on a page this is just an oddity and not even that odd. it would be a different story if it was the size of the moon on fire, and was sending out a radio frequency tone similar to highway to hell by acdc

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by AdonisDNA

Stereo B is going to get real close on Aug. 2 to this object. Let's see if they play nice together.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

lol, DJ, I swear, if anybody posts anything about Elenin, you are on it like white on rice man, you must really really like comets.

Indeed I do! Comets brought precious water to Earth's baby shower. Comets are not only our friends, they're our "celestial god-parents." Without comets, life (as we know it) on this planet might just be impossible!

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShAuNmAn-X
I don't think so, The Doomers will just change the date and talk for another year about how it's gonna kill us all on its return in 2012. This isn't going away any time soon I fear.

I fear the same. This is so propaganda, to get our attention away from something else.

link   

Originally posted by Astr0

I agree with DJ on this one. We live in the 21st century we all know that comets aren't the evil bringers of plague, pestilence, and death that they were thought to be in earlier times.

Plague is still a very large possibilty - or a pestillence introduced via microbes released by debis entering the atmosphere from the tail. thats not been ruled out what so ever.

Now if this was 1000CE I would understand people freaking out but it's 2011.

Comets are cool I agree, but we still need to keep an eye on the little critters. Just in case.

IF a comet were going to collide with Earth we would know about it. There are plenty of amateur astronomers that would see it and be talking if such a thing were to happen.

hahahaha not a frigging chance. The first probability of an impact and the governments would shut # down so fast we wouldn't have a clue till the day after.

If an amateur did come on ATS or any other web site they would be utterly raped by the total tide of skeptic abuse thrown at them.

Either way the governments win and we don't pay attention to the voice in the wilderness... till its too late.

Do have any idea HOW MANY people have pretty good telescopes nowadays?
And even if they are called Amateurs there's a big community of people quite knowledgeable about this?
In fact many of the pictures seen on magazines and sites of the solar planets are made by amateurs.
So, don't underestimate the nerds!

link   
OK so its too small, not dense enough and too far away to have any noticeable effect on our planet. Dont we pass directly through its path? Isnt there the possibility we may be exposed to debri within the tail? Isnt there a chance we may be exposed to a meteorite shower large enough for genuine concern?

link   
Sorry-Double post.
edit on 11/7/2011 by drakus because: creepy dp

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by lestweforget

Its too small to have any debri and as far as i know it dosent have a tail. No concern at all.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join