It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Love

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Love tends to be underestimated sometimes. This thread is aimed at the ones who underestimate the power of love in your life.

There are two things you can love. You can love yourself, and you can love everything else.

Love goes deeper than you doubters of this profound emotion might expect. There are a lot of things that ARE love. Like peace for example. When you love everything you come into contact with, you accept everything. Things that used to bother you will no longer bother you, because you love it. Situations present themselves to you, and you could be so in love with your life experience that when you used to look at those things with judgement and harsh criticism, now they don't even phase you. Now you are at peace where there was once a conflict.

Love is joy. When you love everything, everything makes you happy. You'll be happy all the time.

Gratitude is love. When you are grateful for everything you have and you can proclaim to yourself that you are grateful for it, that means you love it.

Love is beauty. When you love what you see, then what you see, you make beautiful in you eyes.

Love ends all stress. Love ends all worry. Love ends all guilt.

Trust is love. A lot of times, things happen to you that can make you easily lose trust in someone. This happens a lot. You begin to not trust anyone, and consequently, you set up barriers in yourself so that you don't get hurt by those actions again. Trust is the dissolution of those barriers that allow love to flow through you easily.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

1 Corinthians Ch.13 versus 4-7

Love is more than just an emotion. It is an outlook on life. It is very powerful. Love solves problems. Love is powerful enough to end wars. Love is what the world needs to bring in a new age. Until you allow love in your life, these obvious facts may not even make sense to you at all. I've been on both sides of the fence, at times I had known love deeply, and then I forgot what it was. When I forgot what it was, none of this stuff made any sense. It took actively pursuing a love for all things to make me realize that without love, I don't have anything and I am truly nothing.
edit on 11-7-2011 by smithjustinb because: awegweg

For those who want love, but don't know how to get it:
I used to be blindly searching for happiness and contentment in material things such as video games and computer activities, and I never could find it. I didn't trust people because I'd been hurt in the past, so I didn't see anything to love in them. I knew I wanted love though, and through a strong enough act of will, I began my journey to enlightenment. I started small. I started just loving nature. I learned that love wasn't only an act between two people, love can be had at all times for everything. You can love walking down the street, or love being in the sun. You can love knowledge. You can love anything. When I realized I could love anything, it quickly became easy to love everything. This brought about much joy in my life. I was happy for no reason at all except for just being happy. When you immerse yourself fully in love and look inside yourself and identify the barriers to it, then you can help yourself remove those barriers and thus further increase your capacity for love. A greater capacity for love brings about a greater capacity for joy. You think you want material things, but you know right now subconsciously that those things are trying to fill a void that only joy can fill. This is why you must learn to love yourself and everything and everyone else.
edit on 11-7-2011 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

1 If I speak in the tongues[a] of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

1 Corinthians Ch. 13 versus 1-3

Maybe you might not believe in the Bible, but don't let that discourage you from the absolute truth in the two excerpts in my thread.
edit on 11-7-2011 by smithjustinb because: bible verse.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
[color=gold]

Love is the power
Love is key

Love connects differences
between ALL and WE

Love tries to support and
Sometimes is misunderstood

But overall true LOVE is
what represents GOOD

Love isnt easy to do without real trust
Love can enter your hearts till you feel love struck

Love to me is the essence of ALL
Hatred is within 1 who has forgotten the CALL

LOVE can spread out further then its imagined
to support any, who may exist within sadness

Love is powerful and always around
with ability to retract those who may be hell bound

My LOVE for the Earth spreaded into the Cosmos
Which shows LOVE is limitless no matter where you go

Namaste

LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA*******

edit on 7/11/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Lyrical genius.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
What would you say to someone who says Love doesn't exist? That it's just a chemical reaction or we just "like" things?

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

I enjoy your threads that spread positive energy smithjustinb, keep up the good work

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Double
edit on 11-7-2011 by MIDNIGHTSUN because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Please Love Yourself

Wisdom comes from the Question. “Do you love yourself?” How does that sound to you, loving self? You can’t love another anymore than you love yourself. You can’t give what you haven’t got. You can’t fix your home any better than anyone else’s! You'll never be in better health than the level of your self esteem. Your outer life is a reflection of your inner THOUGHTS. Once you love yourself in the being, mentally, emotionally, spiritually, intuitively and of course physically, you’ll also be peace and in harmony. My invite is to find and or be LOVE. Show it, shout it, celebrate it! Once you do/are love you’ll automatically teach others how to be LOVE. Although I focus on the physical there are many other features, factors, mindsets you can LOVE about YOU. Have fun, love and Om,

Video is here: www.naturalnews.tv...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/47144dfd3de2.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 11-7-2011 by MIDNIGHTSUN because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
What would you say to someone who says Love doesn't exist? That it's just a chemical reaction or we just "like" things?

Then let it be that. It doesn't matter. The fact is, that chemical reaction might just bring about more chemical reactions that leave you feeling like you just took an external chemical that is designed to make you feel a pleasurable internal chemical reaction.

It doesn't matter what love comes from or by. But love breeds love which breeds joy. That's what matters. That's how you can enJOY everything and eliminate your own trials and tribulations.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
The definition of LOVE

Lawless
Oscillating
Vibration of
Energy

Everything can be calculated by vibrations, wither it be a emotion, thought, or even chemical reaction.

enjoy!
edit on 11-7-2011 by BobbyS because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
im alive im energy combined with material, when i first found myself i explored every thing i could because i loved it. love creates an energy which is not afraid to live, energy is life, love creates life
so create a love life for use to live in.

im alive, the energy of love which has became aware of it existence
my love is my life, my life is my love for life.
the more i live the more i love and the more i love the more i wont to live!
if i did not love i would not live, if i did not live i would not love.
when my love became my life i received the energy to perfect it
when my love became our life, i put my love first which is to put our life before my own
i was given the choice, love my knowledge and what i had became or fear how high i was flying and come down with a thump
i chose love and was reworded with a gift, the power of creation.
because actions speak louder than words
love creates love the more i give the more i get back
my spirit/soul was created by love, in love, to love and my material body was created for love to live in,
love is the intelligent life within my simple mind. i am the intelligent life within a simple mind
love life and life will love you back
save our life with love and our life will save our lives with its love.

you can live in love forever, so stand with me and stand together stand with me on the edge of forever

unity. Our love is our life, our life is our love for life. if we did not love we would not live, if we did not live we would not love.

Fear exists

the only thing i should fear is making the wrong choice which will drive me to make the right one.
if im afraid of making the rong choice i will always be concuss of the choices i make, so it doesn't matter what i choose as long as im concuss of the choice and outcome
i will always learn the lessons i was supposed to learn in that moment making me a better person making my choice right.
one day my fear had gone, i became a natural lover and love flowed freely,
i become true love

live, listen, learn, love, life.

life is alive

any moment of any day which meant something to you,was meant for you
if a moment which meant something to you was shared with others it doesn't make that moment any less special
you share every moment of every day with millions of different lives.
as every moment meant something to you every day has been created for you.
every moment of every day was created to bring you to this moment in time
you have been brought to this moment in time just like every moment in time to make a choice.
the choice is yours because love is free.

i am life an life is all

im the imagination of my self experiencing my self, a spark of energy within a brain cell which has become aware of its existence.
like an onion life has many layers a dream within a dream, life within life.
each dream has lessons to be learnt, when you learn them all you will wake within a dream within a dream to learn the lessons of that dream
until one day you will be born agen to live a life better than the last in your search for perfection.
when we reach perfection the gates of heaven will be opened.
the thing is were already perfect, so perfect you cant evan comprehend how perfect we really are,
were perfectly imperfect witch makes use perfect in every way, it was the imperfections in you that brought out the perfections in me
and it is the imperfections in me witch will bring out the perfections in you and the imperfections in this world will drive use to perfect it, to make an effort, to create energy, to create a life.
we are all here to help each other whether we realize it or not.
as we are already perfect we are already in heaven so open your gates and let us live, let us make the right choice, let us love.
heaven is what we make it, the choice will always be ares. hell is what they make it, the choice will always be theres.

i have been in search for perfection in a imperfect world for so long that i have forgotten how to feel life which is to feel love.
but you no how to give love which is to give life so give love to our life so we can once agen feel the love of life.

if god returned as a man and said to you, i am god. why would you believe him? how would you believe him?
y'all probly say well if your god you must have all the answers and speak the truth.
god would then say yes, i do, then he would ask you, what is the truth??
you would probly look blankly and reply, your god you tell me.
god would then say, the truth is not the truth, the truth is anything you believe it to be. i am god believe in me, together we can change the world.
god would then give you his answers to his life and remind you every life is different

fear in god makes man trust the devil.
if you fear love you trust fear. you are love do not fear your self. believe in your self. believe in love. believe in me
i am you together were god

free your mind to free your hart to free your soul

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Love is more than a feeling, it's the cause and a reason, the very rationale for existence itself via sharing or what's called koinonia (communion of intimate participation). To be alive is to be within the sphere or embrace of love. Love I think is what we most want and are the most afraid of both at the same time, but ironically, it's the antithesis of fear (which arises in the sense of separation), so to fear love is to be afraid, of not being afraid! LOL

Love, from what I can tell, is the only thing that makes any sense, with everything else being absurd and ridiculous. Love is also freedom, since love to BE love much be free (non coersive), and that too is something we tend to shy away from, unsure of what to do with absolute freedom as the freedom, to freely love and be loved.

I think most of us are scared of love even though in truth it's who and what we really are, at core (most of us).

BOO!

edit on 21-3-2012 by NewAgeMan because: edit

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I LOVE this thread!
such words, sweet sweet words.

recharge

I love you
X

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

Smile, laugh, say nothing, and be fully present to them, and allow them to share with us their disappointments over a percieved failure of love in their life, and love them dearly - until they get it... until they understand. So I would use the love of real listening, and show love, and be love relative to them, and be sure to follow it up with continuance if they are worth the time ie: have some degree of open mindedness and willingness.

It is love. I am love. that's the truth.

edit on 21-3-2012 by NewAgeMan because: I love you.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Sometimes, love means doing the hard thing. Sometimes, love means breaking your own heart.

new topics

top topics

join