It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why when I click on ats on a google search does it send me to a different website.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I was just wondering if anyone has any idea what is going on here, When I search ats in the google search and then click on the website it seems to take me to this page www.optical-systems.com... .

I always need to go back 2 pages to get back to the search page and when I then click on ats it always brings me to the correct place.

It has been happening for 2 days now and I am very puzzled.

Clearing the cache did not help.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by lewman

I've been having that problem lately too. Whenever I click on a link when I'm browsing, it redirects me to some different web site. The only way I get to the link is if I copy the address link and paste it in.

All I can think of, is some kind of virus.
You would think some people would make better use of their time than to create viruses to make people miserable.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Same stuff is happening to me with Yahoo search. I'm also getting this "Octet-stream" box on some links as well as some threads on here. I haven't clicked on it because I'm afraid its a virus. Hopefully it will go away soon.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
strange really, I also get a box that flashes up saying that rundll32 wants to open whenever a do a search and I think that is a virus as rundll32 is already running as it should be.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by lewman

I bookmarked ATS and put it on my tool bar...problem solved for me.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
What browser are you using?

I have noticed that search results change with the browser used.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Sounds like spyware to me. Run antivirus and malware programs. I liked malware bytes prior to switching to a Mac. If you are prompted to buy software DO NOT do it.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Google Redirect Virus

Hard to get rid of..Check with Bleeping computer.com, I hope they can help you.
The problem with getting rid of this is its a rouge program Bleeping Computer has tools to help with this .

You can try .. Super Antispyware and Spybot search and destroy Run full antivirus scans also..If that dosent help see Bleeping computer.
Dont buy anything that pops up as an antivirus...These programs are fake alert.Virus Run the antispyware programs from safe mode to make them more effective.
Hope this helps...
edit on 11-7-2011 by granpabobby because: add to content

top topics

join